Assembly Required…Parts Will Be Missing

Yeah bugs are a bitch… I’m not real familiar with the thirps but with spider mites you have to spray every three days total of three times then once a week for a couple weeks just to be safe so I would think doing the same with the thirps should get them

1 Like

The thrips are everywhere this year. They have destroyed my swamp daisies and Mexican petunias. I’ve noticed I’m getting a lot of praying mantis on my plants outside, some of them are HUGE. I hope they eat all the little bastards!

But for inside, I’ll follow your spraying recommendations. They seem similar enough to spider mites to me, small and annoying as hell!
Unfortunately, I’m sure I brought them inside on my clothes. Luckily, no bugs in the flowering tents. I got the microscope and made sure.

1 Like

This is the best pic I can get of the thrips. I can not emphasize how tiny they are! Little jerks just sucking the life from the back of the leaves :rage:

3 Likes

Your gardens look great girl, It’s nice to meet another lady grower! I’m growing Wedding cake too. Just caught up on your journal, I’ll be following along now that I found ya! :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m excited to have a fellow lady grower following along! Happy to have you.

2 Likes

:tent: Tent Update :tent:

Week 4 flowering

I had a phosphorus deficiency with the 2 sativas (wedding cake and trainwreck). I found it strange the phosphorus deficiency started in the inside middle of the plants. I’m use to seeing deficiencies start at the bottom or top of plants. It threw me for a loop, but I think I managed it okay. I gave them nirvana a week earlier than I normally would and it fixed the girls right up.

Runtz Muffin

Wedding Cake

Trainwreck

5 Likes

Lookin good like always :ok_hand::sunglasses:

3 Likes

My Train Wreck was finicky also.

1 Like

My beautiful sour diesel girls :heart_eyes:

The new white pistil production is slowing down. I flipped them 10 1/2 weeks ago, but I count flowering time 8 1/2 weeks once the stretch ends. Maybe I’m wrong doing it that way?

Next week I’ll start checking trichomes. I prefer a lot of amber.
I can’t wait to smoke :dash: her and try out these new grove bags!!

My husband thinks I will get a pound from these 2 plants. I don’t think so….He doesn’t help me grow, so he forgets how much weight is lost during the dry and cure. He has no problem helping me smoke it though lol :joy:

7 Likes

I think that’ll be pretty close about 15 oz is my guess dried and cured :v:

1 Like

They look about where I normally cut mine, everyone here likes around 10% amber. To get alot of amber shouldn’t be to much longer, because I don’t wait I don’t really know the timing. I’m seeing 14 zips in there that’s my guess… what do I win if I get the closest guess :laughing::rofl: like how many m&m in the jar

2 Likes

I would be ecstatic if I get a dry weight around 6oz. My very first harvest I ended up with a little over 5oz from 4 plants. It was bad especially considering they were photos.

@MeEasy
If you get the closest guess I would love to find you on another forum and send you some samples in a jar of m&m’s :wink:
Or even some seeds. The 2 sour diesels I have growing now are actually seeds from my first grow. I got some bad advice to remove all the fan leaves in my first grow and she hermed from the stress. I ended up with about 60 seeds :joy:
I grew out these 2 and gave 12 seeds to my weed dealer his buddy grew and no bananas and no hermi from those 14 seeds. I’ll take that as a win!

4 Likes

You had me curious when you said you would chop now @MeEasy

So, I went and took a little peeky peek :eyes:
I was kinda bummed there is no amber, like at all, except on the sugar leaves. Probably another week or 2.

I did give them AN Overdrive last week. It’s supposed to push the buds another 2 weeks to keep them growing and add more weight.

Today is watering day. I’ve decided I’m going to start the flush. When I say “flush” I don’t pour ridiculous amounts of water through the soil, I just give them plain well water for the next 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I was obviously guessing looking at the picture but seeing the trichomes I wouldn’t cut yet :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I value your opinion, you’ve taught me so much! So, I thought I better not wait until next week and go check them trichomes now.

2 Likes

It’s pretty hard to tell a lot of stuff in a picture, ripeness is definitely one. There’s still quite a few clear trichomes on them but you will see them on the new growth even once they’re ripe. That’s why I always say to look at a couple on each plant, plus like a fruit tree the buds will ripen at all different times so a lot of it is a judgment call. Back when I smoked I liked having some with more amber for in the evening and some without very few for the rest of the time. So I’d allow some to get a bunch of amber (normally the top ones ripen first) and keep them separated from the rest

3 Likes

Could you cut out the top buds that are done and let the rest finish?

1 Like

I have heard others say they do it but I like to hang my plants whole, it helps them dry a little slower because I live in the desert where the humidity is under 20% most of the time drying is important

4 Likes

Week 5 of flowering

I am tired of fighting the light burn. I’m so ready to start over in the 4x4. Just over it!!
No amount of silica or cal mag makes a difference. I hate looking at all the yellow tops and I’m only at 40% power on the hlg. Ugh :expressionless:

Runtz Muffin

Wedding Cake

Trainwreck

1 Like

Are they autos? Sorry I can’t remember

1 Like