Arizona outdoor

@YuccaBud did an early outdoor auto grow I think…? Pretty sure it was awesome too

2 Likes

Impressive!! I just started in the Phoenix area, I can’t seem to get my seedling to go any further than 3 inches tall and the first leaves. Should I have it in the house until it develops larger because of the heat? :pray:

1 Like

I’m in the Phoenix area to. It’s not easy right now. Still too hot. There’s a lot of good messages on this thread below if you want to go through and read them and see what other questions you got. Lot of good support here

2 Likes

I grew a Bruce Banner Auto, it wasn’t the biggest plant, but I did like the speed in which it grew.

3 Likes

Hey Yuc, how tall did your Bruce banner auto get? Yield? Size pot?

Looks delicious, gorgeous, bodatious, you definitely know your stuff.

1 Like

I’m a new grower, this is my first year and my first Auto. I grew this plant in a 20 gallon pot, using Fox Farms soil and nutrients (3 transplants). It was nearly 3ft and the net was right around an ounce. Truth be told this plant was an experiment, I just gave it nutrients and left it alone on the patio.

2 Likes

29 gallon pot? That sounds huge. I was going to use a five gallon. Is that too small?

20 gal pot. Not 29. Ha ha, 20 gallon is a larger pot. In my opinion probably over kill for 1 auto, however, general rule of thumb for pot size is bigger the pot, bigger potential for your plant to grow. I have been reading lots on the autos and pot size and same rules apply for the most part. Autos are meant to have a shorter life cycle, unlike regular seeds might grow all summer long into November and can reach well over 8, 10 feet. I’m about to try soon, with autos, they are in transit. It seems that selecting the right size pot for the amount of space you have or how big you want your plant to get is the deciding factor. Also do you want to move your plants around through the hot day so they don’t get torched from the sun? That is a big factor. You definitely don’t want to be lugging 20 gallons pots around your yard especially if it has water in it. I am using 3 gallon pots now, I have some seedlings coming up in them now. I’m hoping for 2 or 3 oz a plant but it might only produce a fraction of that cause it’s a smaller pot. So there are many things to consider. If you have plenty of space I would use at least a 7 or 10 gallon pots, you’ll get more yield. Hope this helps. I came here for advice like you and now giving some back to return the favor. But I will only give advice if I know, I know what I’m talking about. Oh boy looks like I’m babbling. Hope it helped.

3 Likes

Not to small😁

2 Likes

Yes, I can use all the advice I can get :grinning: ty

1 Like

Looks great! Curious how tall they are. Full sun through May June? In the ground or pots?

I had a 30% shade cloth over part of the garden that helped before there was a full canopy. The areas that were in full sun did just as well though. :man_shrugging:

I’m using 15 and 25gal fabric pots that are raised to allow airflow underneath. Soil/coir/perlite mix mostly

I did a ton of topping, pinching, FIMing, etc to keep them all under 7ft.

4 Likes

Legit. Right on thanks

Very nice

I noticed alot of you guys are using pots I did both in the ground and pots and I found in the ground did so much better. It was alot more work to do the ground because I dug out a 3 foot deep hole about 3 foot around and filled with my own mix of soil. I think in the summer its easier to keep the ground cooler than the pots and shade in the middle of the day.

4 Likes

No doubt, if I had ground space it’s a no brainer for sure

1 Like

Arizona northern after monsoons looking rough
Any ideas?

Welcome to the community!! Looks like a bit of bud rot you have going. I am in so az but we got all the rain this year too. Let me tag someone near you, dealing with the same problem. @plumbdand I will tag you in his journal too. He has gotten it under control I believe.

2 Likes

we have shattered areas on a few of 12 plants out doors, grasshoppers , little winged gnat looking but non spider web stuff , any advise?

I am indoor but I’ve been recently dealing with bugs. I was using a mix of neem oil, dawn soap, and water in spray bottle. I upped my arsenal to captain jacks dead bug spray. I just gave the first shower this morning and won’t know anything until the lights come back on.