Are Red stems ok? How does grow look?

With the slightest twist or turn of my phone all the numbers would go apesh*t, so I’m trying to just go with the average that I’m reading

1 Like

Yep. Keep your phone flat at roughly canopy level. Take it from different spots around the tent to get an average

Make sure also you edit the light cycle option in the app to match yours.

Take a piece of plain white paper and put it over the light sensor. I cut a 1/2" wide strip long enough to wrap around my phone, and a piece of tape, and I can slip it on and off.

1 Like

You can see my diffuser in this pic, back left, sitting on the sponge.

2 Likes

Ok also new what do you mean (track the run offs) can you pls explain sorry :slight_smile:

Photone , use sunlight as ?ight source and a single wrap of printer paper around your cam.
Works great with my girls phone but tired of bugging her about it so I ordered a lux meter and I’ll do the math or make me a chart for conversions.
I have a lower end Samsung phone, app said haha cheap ass I ain’t gonna work for ya. Kick rocks

red stems are situational and mostly strain based but ideally if leaf looks on point i dont stress much bout it, ive heard people say it also dependent on nutrient feed but i dont know bout all that guess it makes sense. also antioxidants will introduce red hues to plants so heck maybe feed related. im probably late to this conversation…im always late, everyone here is just too helpful…love this community!! :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/HONUTIGE-Luxmeter-lluminanc-Portable-Temperature/dp/B08JG74912/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=dli+light+meter&qid=1631960607&sr=8-2

its $15 and much more accurate than your phone, decent investment i love mine it tests legit across 27 different LEDs

1 Like

That’s awesome. But if you want dli and don’t want to calculate it then the phone app is close enough. Thanks able for sharing that.

@Cornbread
You check pH and tds of the run off. It helps identify problems should you run into them.

Is watering near lights out a bad thing?

Ideally in soil you should do it shortly after lights on. They consume it when the lights are on. In the dark it just sits there.

1 Like

So my leaves are staying droopy, I can’t figure it out, I think that I’m watering correctly, waiting for the soil to dry past the first top inch before rewatering so I’m not sure why they won’t perk back up, been a little droopy for a week now @Low @Newt
Run off is 5.6 water going in is 6.0

Again your soil run off should be between 6.3-6.5. Water in at 6.8. Some strains are light hungry, drooping all the time might indicate they want more. :face_with_monocle:

I have read so many different things about what ph to water at, everything was around 6.0 so that’s what I went for, that is a good point about the feeding though because I have only been giving them a 1/4 dose then worked up to a 1/3 dose then a 1/2 dose of the recommendation from fox farms, watering plain ph water inbetween, should I go for a full dose next feeding? @Low

I never recommend a full dose. Run off ppms are what will tell you weather or not you should feed.

Trust me on the pH, your run off pH is closer to hydro and coco than it is soil. In most soil around 6.5 pH is where the plant can get all the nutes. Under 6 it’s hardly eating. Which is why you want to correct the soil pH.

This acidity level determines what nutrients your plant can uptake.

1 Like

Likewise on the photon app, working great for me. @Payton its a good tool for dialing in your PPFD and DLI during the different growth stages :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

It’s different depending on what medium your using. Soil is 6.5.-6.8 (I think I’ve even seen 7 )
Coco- 5.8-6.2
Hydro I’m not sure I think it’s same as coco

Here’s a simple chart. You can see certain things start to drop off below 6.5 pH. Same reason why towards peak flower you want a little higher pH so your plant can more effectively take in the nutrients it needs at that time of its life. We want these things available as possible.

I would like to specify this is for soil, NOT super soil.

1 Like

From my very limited personal experience in using the fox farm trio the flower nutes tanked ph way low it seemed for me so I found myself using a lot of ph up

@gtyme420

Absolutely. I was using a gallon a month of pH up before I switched off of fox farm.

1 Like