Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

I got 1/2 oz black bags and have re-used a few with no issue.

2 Likes

No issue with creases but I did get a bad batch of 1/4lb bags that had cuts completely thru the bags, all 10 bags had the cuts in the same place. Issue has been resolved (they sent new bags without cuts) but was not happy about it.

4 Likes

Awesome ty, I received some damaged bags as well, there customer service is on point though very good service. I havenā€™t had a harvest yet, but I stocked up on the 1/2 oz ball jar bags and I got the larger 1/4lb, 1/2lb, and 1 lb bags to be safe with future harvestā€™s.

1 Like

You definitely dried them to the bottom of the moisture range at 58% as you want it in the 62-58 zone. Prior to harvest, did you have fans blowing on the plants to guard against mold? Did you turn off your humidifier a week or so before harvest? If so, I wonder if the peroxide wash had anything to do with it. I truly donā€™t think the Grove bags played any part in the creation of the mold.

This is surely a tough one since there are so many variables when growing indoors. I only had this issue when growing outdoorsā€¦in that setting itā€™s tough not to get a small amount of mold. Itā€™s just part of growing outdoors.

2 Likes

Yes sir. 2 oscillating fans.

I agree :point_up:t2:

1 Like

that is facts, you are so accurate ā€¦terrible product but triple A customer service has a chance stillā€¦ but garbage customer service and great product can still tank!

3 Likes

I just pulled out some bud I had curing in grove bags some had been curing for 4 weeks and some for 6. Humidity was 59 in one bag and 61 in another bag when i pulled the bags out from storage. I was absolutely amazed at how good it smelled. The feel and taste was spot on too. I pulled out a jar with an oz that had been curing for a month. The humidity was at 61 same weed as what was one of the grove bags. The weed from the grove bags smelled way better. The weed in the jar smelled really good just not near as good as the grove bag weed. Iā€™m gonna take what I have curing in jars an put it in grove bags.

14 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve noticed that the smell is much better and stronger in the grove bags compared to jars.

7 Likes

Have you received yours yet? Was looking at those, but couldnā€™t tell from the site, if they had a view window or not?

2 Likes

@Alexa the bags are all clear

No buds

5 Likes

Audiofreak: damn sam, those look tasty!! Is it OK if I admit to being a wee bit jealous? :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you very much got just under 7 ozs from her. Some fine smoke. Lots of Kief also.

3 Likes

Oh nice! Thought the buds may have been part of the graphic design. LOL

1 Like

So Iā€™ve got an update on my first grow and with grove bags. They have been in the bags for 4weeks of cure time at 58 to 62 percent humidity. The buds are perfect! These bags really work well. After 12 days of drying your done. Put it in the bags set the humidity and put it away. Smoke perfection.

7 Likes

Still on the fence on this, So i have mine in jars for a week at 61-62 rh.
If i put it in the bag it will get better. Thanks

1 Like

Probably. I have never done the jars - was fortunate enough to go straight into bags. However I got some jar-cured bud from @Mr_Wormwood and have stored it in a Grove to keep it fresh. I think she smells even danker than the day I got it (and that was a pretty intense smell)

Edit: a Grove Bag is not magical, though. It cannot undo over-drying or bad curing done in a jar. It can help preserve terps and flavors if it was properly jar cured, though.

8 Likes

Ok, put some in a bag will check in a couple of wks

2 Likes

about a week into cure in grove bags ā€¦RH% isnt really moving up too much still at 49% ā€¦any ideas or tips, first time using grove bags . im using half pound bags and im legit only adding 8 ounces per bag. thank you for any help

1 Like

Bags will not increase Rh from where it goes in at. It will only allow over 62% to escape.
As @Graysin said

3 Likes

well thats the thing buds went in at 59% and have dropped!..thinkin of tossing a boveda pack in, and its 3 seperate bags all went in at 59-62% all have dropped to exactly 49% each

2 Likes