Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

Try some orange rind.

2 Likes

thank you i will go buy an orange right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You might have a leak in the bag or not sealing properly. Mine are still exactly as they went in. Some 62% now after 5 weeks. I also have others that went in at 53% and are holding after 3 weeks+. I do not heat seal, only use the zip-lok. I use 1/2 oz size solid black and put exactly 14 grams in.

5 Likes

Did you keep and freeze any trim by any chance? Thatā€™s the best way to re-hydrate.

5 Likes

I use a leaf or two from one of my veg plants. Not everyone has a veg plant but if you do it helps. 3 Got me from 49 to 58% in about as many days

1 Like

maybe if it was just 1 bag , but im having same issue with 3 different bags

that is great to know for future unfortunately i didnt freeze trim this time :frowning:

thats a great idea!

thanks all for the help!!

1 Like

Are those real Grove bags purchased from Grove or those bags you shared about from a 3rd party a few weeks ago?

3 Likes

LOL i love how you think!, i had already done the footwork in that direction as i too was skeptical, black dog is infact a legit distro.

Yes in Germany this guy would come into the base with a bag with slabs of hash. Looks like yours green. Ours had flecks of Opium white flecks in it.

As a cigar smoker, Iā€™m loaded with 69% Boveda packsā€¦the large ones. I throw a couple of those in 1/2lb bags (front and back) for a few days to raise the humidity quite frequently.

Donā€™t overthink it, if the humidity is lower than you like, put them in there and monitor the humidity in the bag very closely. Itā€™ll read higher when theyā€™re in the bagā€¦like 66 or 68%ā€¦but once you take them out, itā€™ll calm down and youā€™ll see your true RH in a few days.

I use wireless RH monitors that I monitor on my phone in each bag that I bury in the middle of the bag of buds. That way I get a true reading.

Happy curing!!

3 Likes

I was worried that you may have bought bags that arenā€™t actually grove bags since Iā€™ve had a harvest in grove bags about 9 weeks now, but they are still holding at 59-60%. Then I checked out black dog led, and see they do sell actual grove bags.
Then I was concerned maybe you pulled apart the seal, but I read how you were already aware of that problem and are being careful how you pull them apart.
Now Iā€™m just scratching my head trying to figure out what went wrong. I really just want to send you some of mine, so you donā€™t have problems.
You can boost the moisture but if there is a leak in the bag somewhere, itā€™ll just dry out again.
Good luck figuring out whatā€™s wrong.

3 Likes

Bagged in Grove Bags on 10/27/21.
From a feminized Animal Cookies x Lemon Tree cross called Lemon Frosting from Greenpoint Seeds in Colorado:

It is sooo prettyā€¦ Feels waxy touching it, it is sooo frosty.
Very lemony with hints of Animal Cookies.

@Audiofreak @Hellraiser @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @BobbyDigital

Thank you all for your tips and lessonsā€¦I didnā€™t do a grow diary this time around to see if I could get it right without help.

Next growā€¦ More GSCE as I am running out andā€¦(drumroll)ā€¦ I found feminized BTY OG seedsā€¦ Was a clone only strainā€¦ Fingers crossed!

19 Likes

Nice frosty bud, looks like you got it right, good growing!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a great looking nug! Nice growing!

4 Likes

You are only putting 8oz in a half lb bag are you removing all the air when you close it up.

2 Likes

According to my journal, this went in the bag around 10/26/21.
White Widow auto unknown supplier(maybe seedsman).
This is the last of that grow (~112g buds like this one). It got really firm over the weeks and aroma is much better. Rh dropped due to being opened repeatedly(about about 8g left out of the 14 that went in at 62%).

This is some sweet head high smoke and it is buzzinā€™ me RN. :exploding_head:

8 Likes

Bagged on 10/8. Humidity in bag then, 62%. Humidity in bag today, 62%.

15 Likes

just when i thought it was safe to go back on amazon! :stuck_out_tongue: ty for the good info much appreciated!!

1 Like

appreciate youre help looking into this problem and im dang impressed at how thorough your research on this matter was, seriously thank you much appreciated!!

yessir i am drawing air out before sealing, i always thought 8 oz was a half pound, am i wrong ? it wouldnt be the first time :slight_smile:

1 Like