Aloe Vera Extract

Interested in knowing If anyone has tried using a home made aloe vera extract on there plants before for pest resistants and immune responses? Thanks

2 Likes

Good question set to watching

1 Like

my friend uses aloe plants in cloning instead of clonex

8 Likes

That’s really interesting. I never heard that. That’s something that I’ll have to look into it some point. My wife likes to keep aloe plants around our house. Thanks for the tip and great topic started. Thanks everybody

1 Like

I use my AV plants for a variety of things including skin creams, and cloning. Just interested to see if I can find something else benificial to do with this multi-purpose plant.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that raw organic honey, diluted in water a little bit, works for cloning. Luckily, that’s the only kind my wife will buy, so I gave it a try with one of the tips I topped from my White Widow, just too see.

Seems to work just fine.

10 Likes

Wow! That was with diluted honey? Amazing. That is so cool. If you don’t mind me asking what solution percentages did you use? This is so cool I never heard of honey for cloning or aloe vera. This last girl I accidentally broke a nice branch on one of my captain chem # 4 & I used honey and and then wrapped it in cling wrap. It healed beautifully. Not surprised that should help roots grow but I kind of am. Haha thank you for your words and time. Great topic

3 Likes

Aloe works honey works and just plane ol water works I just use water with a bubbler

5 Likes

Thank you @Hogmaster . I heard of those bubblers but I’ve never used one and I’ve only seen them online. I grow in soil so I’m assuming that is a beginning process of germination for hydro? I find this really interesting. I had no idea it (aloe, honey) could do all that. I thought honey was just good for fixing broken branches. I learned that trick through this forum! Man I love this site! I learn something new everyday.
If you don’t mind me asking do you believe honey or aloe is good enough to replace something like Olivia’s cloning gel? And I guess a follow-up would be would you need any of that clonex root solution? I ran out of root solution and was thinking about buying more but if I don’t need it I won’t get it. :wink:
Thank you everyone for the post. This is great

2 Likes

@neckNflu I have a hole jug of it I never use I use aloe or water the bubbler is just a cheap one out of a fish tank as long as the water is moving around your good but I wouldn’t buy any more if you have aloe honey or water

1 Like

Love my aloe

4 Likes

Sorry I am out of likes but I’m going to give you a thumbs up until I can get back to it. :+1:
This blew my mind. Thank you very much for your help and honesty. I’m going to have to try this next time. I’m just flabbergasted over this. So cool!
If you don’t mind me asking one more question when you use honey or aloe on the root/45 degree cutting area, do you just coat it on like u do with cloning gel? Basically do you cover the 2 cutoff off node areas and everything? Thank you.

2 Likes

Beautiful. My wife’s aloe plant is a small but healthy. So you just break off a piece of that, cover the whole cut off area that would turn into the root section, and slather that aloe over it? Sweet. This blew my mind.

1 Like

You got it it’s is a natural clone gel do everything the same @neckNflu unless you do water I have a 3 gallon jug and put a milk crate ove it to hold the cuttings up and there about 2 in in water takes around 2 weeks for roots to start otherwise just dip like clone gel

Like I said I’m out of likes but I’ll get back to this one. No joke I’m calling my wife at work to tell her to get some organic honey and stock up on another aloe plant! Hahaha wow thank you for your help in time and thank you for sharing your valuable information. You blew my mind today I didn’t know this was such a thing! I feel like I got the insider knowledge! Great topic and thank you @Hogmaster I really appreciate your help and time.

3 Likes

Anytime my friend Please keep me up-to-date

Thank you very much. I sure will! It’s going to be little while before I take any more cuttings but after my next grow I’m going to try it for sure! I will tag you when I start my (1st) grow journal and I’ll make sure to include all this stuff in it.

This next grow I’m using a couple of clones from my current grow and I’m going to be starting my first-ever ilgm gold leaf and blue dream! I am so excited. I just want the current grow I’m working on now to be finished! How greedy does that sound? Lol
Thanks again for everything. I am just thrilled and excited to try this. I’m taking notes right now! Thank you.

3 Likes

You will love them both I just finished a gold leaf

8 Likes

Oh my gosh! That is beautiful. It’s outrageously beautiful. I dream of getting to your level. If I get my gold leaf to half of that I will be thrilled. Wow thank you for everything again you guys are amazing and thank you, @Hogmaster , I really appreciate you taking the time this morning to fill me in. Just a wonderful forum. I can’t say enough about you guys and this website in general.
PS I just called my wife and told her to add organic honey to the shopping list! Sweeeet.

2 Likes

It’s a blast trying new things we are all here for you :wink:

1 Like