Air cooled hood setup..need help

Ready to use, no mixing, just shake.

1 Like

That’s what you want, friend. When I had a bug scare, I sprayed my plants on rotation using Neem Oil one day, and that Captain Jack’s 2-4 days later, rinse and repeat. Spray on top and under the leaves, and spray your soil a bit too. I have had almost no adverse effect from doing so, and plants are relatively healthy. I thought I was in the process of losing them all, but have 4 healthy plants. Best of luck.

Congratulations on your daughter too (and much more importantly)… My daughter is 2 and a half and you are in for some of the best years of your life. Appreciate every day!

You can get Neem Oil in a similar “Ready to Use” bottle if you don’t want to mix, either Home Depot or Lowe’s will have it.

2 Likes

Thank you @R0ck!, so after you spray your plants with neem oil then a couple days later spinosad, you rinse and repeat ? Meaning ? You spray plants with regular water(rinse) and repeat the process?

And yes! My first child she is beautiful and everything I could have asked for I cannot wait until she grows up just a little bit haha

1 Like

Sorry, I was using “rinse and repeat” to mean repeat the process.

Neem
Spinosad (2-5 days later)
Neem (2-5 days later)
Spinosad (2-5 days later)

I’d follow hellraiser’s guidance, I was just letting you know you can spray more frequently on rotation if you have a bad bug problem.

2 Likes

I like all advice lol and yes I will definitely spray sooner than every 2 weeks also I have a question about seedling starter trays do you guys recommend any ? I want to get rockwool and rapid root to try and clone, ive used in the past just a plastic fish tank and sprayed the inside of the walls with water and everything went great just want something a little more unique lol

1 Like

Oh @Hellraiser I ordered the cloudline t6 series am I able to control temp/humidity with this one also ordered some GG from ILGM :sunglasses: i think your journals have inspired me lol

You can program it to come on/turn up at temp and humidity thresholds that you setup. I don’t use that functionality, I just put it on speed 6 when lights are on and down to speed 3 when lights are off (quiet, since the grow tents are in my bedroom), wish there was a way to program that, certain speeds at certain times would work better for me. But I like the T6 and T4 temp/humidity monitor, that I velcro to the front of the tent, can see what’s up in the tent with a quick glance.

Mine never reads 93 like in the pic, that’s way too hot, my flowering tent is usually at 77F-78F, just where I like it.

Okay that is what I ordered… now my central ac temp in my house is 71 degrees, and I also have this

that I keep on 71 degrees but when I turn the window unit off my temp in my tents can go up to 83.8… when on the temps are 75-77

1 Like

I do like the alarm setting on it, I have it set to 80, so if I do forget to change the speed from 3 to 6 in the morning, when it hits 82, the fan will turn up to cool it under 80 and sound an alarm as well.

1 Like

Think I need to play with the programming part some more, should be able to set it up so when temps hit the threshold, say I set that to 79, once it hits 79, it should ramp up the fan to try to keep it below that temp then I would not have to manually change fan speeds all the time. will see, going to play with it later today.

1 Like

I don’t get my t6 until Friday but let me know how it goes! Would like to hear more about it! I have a yield lab 390 cfm 6” that’s exhaust from carbon filter and air cooled hood
And the cloudline s6 for an intake I’m gonna put the s6 as the exhaust when I get the t6 for intake .

1 Like

@Hellraiser Am I able to clone using rapid start or do I need clonex

And is there any way you could give me the run down on cloning or tag me in a thread of you can get a chance that would be great

Never used rapid start, always been a clonex user. Here’s a copy of what I suggested to another member.

Lots of ways to clone, depends on how much into cloning you want to get into.

Cloning can be done very cheaply, I’ve cloned with nothing but water, take cutting, throw in glass of water, change out water every few days, if/when it roots - plant it.

I’ve cloned straight to potting soil with mixed results.

I’ve cloned in rockwool with better results than just the water or potting soil and pretty cheap, need a high-domed tray, rockwool cubes, spray bottle, clonex gel.

I now use a aero-cloner bucket thing that constantly sprays the cuttings stems with a clonex solution that I really like because like a lot of my methods, once setup properly - it pretty much does the job for you, no spraying or doming or keeping high humidity. Many types of aero-cloners on the market, mine is old and discontinued, called an Octocloner.

If I was buying a aero-machine now, I would look at the ez clone and clone king models, along with the machine itself, you’d need a bottle of Clonex Solution and a bottle of Clear Rez.

Was talking to a friend who’s been cloning a while and trying different methods and he’s very happy with root riot plugs and clonex gel and clonex mist, would need a high-dome tray as well.

So at this point, I’d look at aeroponic cloning machines from EZ Clone and Clone King or a cheaper way would be the root riot plug way.

The only downside of the aero-cloners other than cost, is that they can be a bit noisy, with the water pump constantly spraying so may not be ideal if you are growing in your bedroom.

I ordered rockwool 1.5 “ high domed tray rapid start and clonex also was an spray bottles but where exactly do I cut to make the clone and I know once cut cut again 45 degree angle and then scrape?

Best to take cuttings from the lower parts of the plant as they will root faster, find a nice healthy lower branch, not too thick or thin and about 5-6 inches long (or just take the top 5 inches from a longer branch, remove large leaves and small branches coming from it, leave a couple small leaves at the top. Recut bottom at 45 degrees before dipping into the rooting stuff of your choice and then put in your rockwool cube. The rockwool cubes will need to be pre-soaked in water ph adjusted to 5.6 for a couple hours before using.

1 Like

Was playing with my T6 controller last night and the alarm function does what I need. I set the high temp in the alarm mode to 80 and then went back to the on mode and slowed my fan down to 3 with temp at 76. the light was on and quickly had the temp rising on the low speed, as the temp hit 80, the alarm started chirping and the fan ramped up to high speed to cool the tent. So that does what I need it to do, if I forget to crank the fan back up in the morning.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser

@NeoGroR

I know this is from awhile ago but did this idea work and if so would you mind tagging me in it?