Abouttime's 3rd grow with a summer twist

First signs of fall colors for the Stracciatella hermie seed…

A little bit of purple starting to show on her as the temps are starting to drop here in NY.
I set up a new grow rig for the garage to get me thru till Dec 1 when all or most of the new girls will be getting done. With only the light for heat during the day and no heat in the garage really, that’s the most I can expect out of there.

When most of these girls are finishing, the temps should be in the 50s and 40 at night, with the exhaust fan blowing into the garage itself who knows… Its warmer in there now with the lights on, so I may have to do some shifting so as not to shock them at night with cold temps, but I should get some nice colors out of them.
Hope is, for the next two months, they should be good to go.
On the inside of my makeshift grow room are a bevy of cultivars and pheno types that should satisfy even the most discerning palate at any time of the day.

The Bubba Kush is furthest ahead at the top right and the biggest so far and it’s in the Mondo 90. The other in Mondo is the smallest in the bottom right side corner. The other Kush and is in the middle of both along with a Vannila Latte auto in the same row of 5 gal bags.

Not much stretch with the QB 280v2 and a little bit of petting.
The clones are all still alive and in another week or so we should see some new growth as they go back into veg and make some roots.

The clones are sitting in plastic cups with water just to the bottom of the starter pots. One is slightly submerged as a test to see if it gets roots faster. I doubt it.

In formulating a plan for these, I have figured out what to do. The fems will go into tents when the autos start to flower with another QB I have and a blurple that works ok, I’ll be able to run a little side by side test with the lights as well since they’re the same cultivar tho not clones as noted before. 2 will go into the 2x4 tent and one will go into the smaller 20x36 tent.
I’ll run them another month or less to fatten up and then flip them to help stagger the harvests and get the most out of the fems. The autos I think will fit all together in the garage room to finish up. Shoot, there’s only 8 of them and it’s a 2 1/2’ x6’ room and the one QB. I think it’ll be enough since it’s pretty bright in there and so far, none of the girls have stretched. The light was lowered a little bit tonite as well to increase over all intensity. It’s on full power at the moment.

Wishing everyone a happy harvest over the next few weeks with your outside grows. Wishing you all the best of luck to get em to the end.

3 Likes

We’re getting close to harvest time folks…not just here, everywhere!!!
Question is…what are gonna grow next???
Hehehe…
Over here, I’m just gonna keep this update short since I just posted 3 days ago.
Needless to say alot happens in the grow world every three days…if your doing it right.
Now. I’m not sure if I’m doin it right, but Im doing whats right for me. And that’s what you will do eventually if your reading this or your doing it already and your reading this cuz your bored…
So…the young ladies are all doing well. After getting 13 to pop originally, 1 Pineapple Expree Auto failed to grow once she was transplanted. I may have Trans her early but if you can’t survive it then your probably not gonna do much anyway so, she bit the dust, so to speak.

It may look like some of the other girls aren’t doing so well, but not all of them went at the same time.
However, 3 Bubba kushes did and you might think they would grow the same but there’s definitely different phenos within the strain as well.
The one on the top right is the biggest so far and the one on the bottom right is the smallest. Meanwhile in the middle, an auto and a third Kush are at the same size.
Outside the silica I’ve been adding is definitely helping. The branches on all three have stiffened up in the past week.

Looks like next weekend the Stracciatella gets chopped and the otjers will probably have to come inside to finish if the weather turns foul.
That’s it for Thursday…Tomorrow is Friday and Friday is for the men (and women)…
Blazing some CHEESE auto from the spring summer grow. Smells like Bluecheese in the bag but doesn’t carry over into the taste, which it has some earthy tones and a little gas. She has a nice, get things done, high.
Enjoy!!

4 Likes

Looking good man. And yes, 3 days in this game and things can happen fast lol

You better get on that next seed drop too lol. I’m in need of doing the same thing :rofl:

3 Likes

Mr. @Gremmall, ain’t that the shit!!.
Yeah man, really at this time you notice some unreal growth happening.
Temps dropped here and the outside Stracciatella is purpling up every day. As temps have been dipping into the low 50’s here at night but about 70 during the day and lots of sun lately.
I think I figured out what I have in the yard now for sure.
I was lazy marking them so the Stracciatella was the only one I was sure of till yesterday.
The Stracci

This is definitely a Vader OG.she was attacked by bugs but I did a pruning and some IPM, with Neem oil and Ful Humix in a spray bottle with water for 2 weeks and she bounced back just before she flipped. Turns out she’s a late flipper cuz a clone I gave a friend to, in the summer, flipped at the same time. His plant turned into a little 4 foot monster.
Mine not so much…
And last but not least is what should have been my entry into the sheriff’s and @GreenJewels Sour Deisel face off.

Thing is, I’m not sure it’s a Sour D cuz, she was a seed from a hermied Sour D auto!!!..but she doesn’t look the same as the mother did. It may be because this one’s been outside the whole time and the other was under a QB and the Sun in the early spring, because her node spacing is larger.
But she has strong Diesel tones. She also started to flip late so I’m still puzzled. But she’d solid and frosty and has aways to go.
Those two may have to finish inside if a cold blast comes thru the NE. Looking 10 days out on the forecast and it seems there’s a bunch of 70’s still mixed into the with some rain in between next week.

I finally picked up some Silica 2 weeks ago and started using it on everything and I have to say, I’m impressed. The Stracci was so bent over that I had to add stakes to hold up her colas but now they can almost hold themselves up. I just cut it and everything else tho since she’s about done, but there’s still Mondo in the soil breaking down. She’s been packing on some weight and I’m gonna scope her tonite and see where we at. She a bit of amber on her leaves last weekend.
I’ve been running Recharge once a week since I got back from vacay along with the silica and a bit of Epsom salts via watering and foliar feed and Optic Foliar via a spray foliar application and the plants are all super healthy. I haven’t phd water since I got back even, since I’m not really mixing any nutes with the girls outside or even the new babies.
Mainly 24 hr tap and some RO from a dehumidifier.
So far a simple grow. That’ll change in a month when the plants without the Mondo will need to be fed. I’ll be running the Jacks for all of those.
So far the results are mixed with the Mondo and Mondoless.
Happy Friday!!

3 Likes

For the life of me i can’t figure out what IPM stands for lol. Help a brother out?

As far as silica goes, I’m a believer in it as well. My stalks are stronger and my plants take much less effort to tie up.

Your sour d looks great! Go drop a pic on that thread. I need to update too lol

2 Likes

That’s one of them nutrients lines isn’t it ?

1 Like

Hey @Gremmall, it stands for Integrated Pest Management…
So a short way of saying, killing off the bugs!
I’m a believer too now with the silica.
Wish I could use it on my pecker! :sunglasses:
If you think it’s worthy, I’ll throw it in the SD contest. I’ll get a fresh pic rt now!

1 Like

Whats sup folks…Took a rude to see of my girls that I cloned off my Citral Glue and Stracciatella.
They’re huge!

The Stracciatella

I’m 6’2" for reference folks.
Look at the trunk on these!

Back here at home the girls are now all stretchin’ their new roots and growing everyday.
I’ll slowly boost the lights to 20 on 4 off this week to keep the autos from flipping early hopefully

So bottom left of the pic is the strongest of all the plants. The Bubba Kush.
Her 2 sisters are way behind. The top 2 are the Bubbas. Can’t be about the light cuz the GSC autos are together in the middle row top two, and they’re both bigger and the se size.
And It ain’t the nutes cuz both the smallest and largest are in Mondo90.
Just genos. I’ve learned that sometimes it doesn’t matter what size they are now. They grow at their own pace and unless I was selecting for breeding, where she would be a great candidate as far as vigor ya never know which might have some special phenotype. So, they will all get to the finish line since I’m not ready to breed but I have some great reg beans for this coming spring that I will breed for lifetime supply of seed and to do some crosses.
The rest of the autos are 2 AK47’s A Hellbender, a Vanilla Latte, Pineapple Express auto, and lastly 2 Mimosa Cake Autos
Ofcourse this update wouldn’t be complete without a short report on the clones.
Vader OG’s

The Citral Glue

And the outside girls.
The Stracci from a hermie seed

The Sour Diesel from auto hermie seed

And the little Vader OG clone.

That’s it…Have a great week folks!

5 Likes

If you mean the Mondo, yes it’s from the Recharge guy. It’s just been renamed Growdots. Mix it in with your soil and everything is there from seedling to harvest. The 90 for autos and the 120 for photo period.
Just add water and his Recharge ofcourse too.
I used the 90 on my summer clones to feed them while I was away on vacation and so far so good.
I just add a gram a gal of Epsom salt and 5ml gal of silica.

The Stracci has loved it as she is now supporting her weight. She was bent over two weeks ago and needed stakes and was half as heavy.

1 Like

That update must have taken an hour lol

Plants all look great!

1 Like

Lol they all do bro!!

1 Like

Ok, a short update…lol
The seedlings are now well into veg and some are now into flower. The GSC bottom left 2 plants, are the furthest ahead. Ak47 close behind, Hellbender is also flipping over.

In the back row the 3 Bubba Island Kush are the biggest plants in that row.
Incidents the auto in the 5 gal pot has not flipped yet.
Now as far as feedings go, it’s just water so far with Silica and Epsom salts added. Optic Foliar spray every other day. And Recharge once a week. No ph’n so far and everyone is looking healthy.
Thing is the Mondo is a 90 day feed so 30 days are almost done and girls are already flipping. I’ve been watering so sparsely that it’s hard to think that the soil is washed out of its nutez… even what’s in the FF/HF mix is still kicking. I’ll add jacks to the photos when flipping the lights but the Mondo girls get just water till the end.

My outside girls are also on just water since I added Mondo before I left for vacay since they had 3 months to go outdoors at the time. They have not been fed any flower nutes at all. And have flowered really well…they should make it to the end the way I see it. I’ve resisted the urge to add Jacks so far and I’m glad I have.

The clones are all still alive and one of the CG has some great roots popping out of the bottom of the cup. It’s time to transplant them into a larger 1 gal pot any day now. Gotta keep em going till next spring.
That’s it folks…thanks for stopping by.

4 Likes

And we’re back!!
With a weeks passing it’s time for an update.
First off, yesterday was harvest day for the Stracciatella herm seed.
She was a beautiful plant that produced buds that were clearly better than the mother since it didn’t herm out and make seeds of it’s own.

She was fed with Mondo 90, the auto feed in August. I was about to go on vacay and just put her in the line of fire of my sprinklers and she made it the 3 weeks I was out of town. She started transitioning around the 10th of Aug. She went a good 9 -10 weeks to flower and I only added Epsom salts and silica at the end with Recharge once a week.
The Sour Diesel and Vader OG clone are still going. I bring em in the house if it’s rainy at all or too humid, but they’re outside today.

The Deisel has another week to go and the Vader until Nov.1 it seams.
The new ladies are doing great. Most went into flower. First time in a while I didn’t get any monster autos.
Tho one of the Pineapple Express Autos that is not I Mondo, hasn’t flipped yet.
They’re on 18-6.

The Bubba Island Kush’s have been moved to thier own tents. 2 are in the 2x4 tent and I’ll flip them this week. Just giving them a week to acclimate to their new surroundings and get a little bit bigger.
One with Mondo and one without it are in the same tent under a QB. (Lights out).

The other with Mondo is in the smaller tent under a Blurple for comparison.
I got one of my clones on the DGC show on YT last week. My wife’s cuz has 3 clone plant’s I gave him and he grew them into monsters.
I wrote in asking for advice on outdoor protection from rain and cold and they put my picture up with the story. It was pretty cool. Here are the girls before and yesterday after he didn’t listen and cut em all at the same time…talk about trim jail!!

Facing south all summer long amongst his arborvideas.
There’s 3 plants there!

Your all caught up! Have a great week!

3 Likes

Congrats on the chop! That’s gonna be some fine smoke lol

2 Likes

As reported elsewhere on this thing…The Sour Deisel has been chopped amd hung to dry.

She was easy all the way thru the Mondo 90. Started her on FF as a clone. Moved her to pot in July maybe…gave her a 2 teaspoons of Mondo mixed with FF again amd left her in the yard. She was watered 2x a day from the sprinklers while away.since I got back its been water, silica, Recharge once a week and Optic Foliar spray 2x a week.
Same goes for the Vader OG, still going in the yard. She’s starting to show some color.

Smallish nuggs but hard as rocks.
The autos are now all into flower. The last to flip was the Hellbender which is not in the Mondo.
There are 2 GSC, 2 AK-47, a Pineapple Express, a Vannila Latte and 2 Mimosa Cake along with the Hellbender.

The Bubba Island Kush’s are about to be flipped today. 8am lights out, 8pm lights on from here.

These were gift seeds from purchases in Amsterdam at the Amsterdam Seed Center.
They’re supposedly quick flowering at 7 weeks. 8 for a more indica effect. Guess we’re going 8.
Did an early taste of the Starcciatella which has been drying for 10 days now and is getting close to trimming. She burned nice and was pretty smooth already considering I couldn’t really do a flush with the Mondo in the soil still. Just would’ve released more nutes in my mind.
That’s it folks, tomorrow I’m gonna help.my buddy chop down his two plants and I’m gonna bring em back to me house to dry. He has limited space and kids.
I’ll post pics tomorrow of them.
My other clone girls were also chopped thisnpast weekend. The owners are pretty happy to say the least…over 5 footer on all of them.
One broke in half when he went to chop it.

2 Citral Glue and a Stracciatella in the middle.
That’s it folks…have a great weekend and a Happy Friday.

4 Likes

Congratulations on the chop!

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch!! @Covertgrower nothing better than a couple of upside down trees hanging around!!

2 Likes

Yep, congrats. I have a SD curing right now. I really like this strain.

1 Like

Thanks @Not2SureYet, I don’t always get the true Sour Deisel taste with the ILGM seeds…seams 2 out 5 hit the notes, but the others are just deisel without the sourpatch finish.
One of my favorites when its the one…hoping this is…

2 Likes

If you like the SD. You may want to look into the Moby Dick. Different terps. But close to the same effect as the SD

2 Likes