Abouttime's 3rd grow with a summer twist

Hello all, @missles, @sixpackdad, @blackthumbbetty, @raustin, @dbrn32, @hogmaster, Hope ya all had a great summer. I was lucky enough to stop in Amsterdam for three days and wow what a great littlle city. The smoke in the coffee shops is top notch. Lots of American strains and some great European strains as well. They had my head spinning!
Well for my little summer surprise grow. I did a couple of clones off of my last grow and the only one to take off was the Blackberry Kush. Since I was going away for 3 weeks I left her in my backyard nestled between some arborvideas trees and when I got back on the 6th of September I was not only happy to find her still alive but going thru her stretch and into flower. Well, she got pretty big in her in 5 gal pot and a pulled her into the house and put her under the QB light and shes really starting to fill out. She was a bastard cut of a clone but shes producing. Ever since her beginnings, shes had a small offshoot of a branch on each stem. She has three leaf leaves and five leaf leaves but it doesnt seem to be affecting her in flower.
Heres she is

For the new grow, I’ve got 4 new seeds going, two of which have already been put in soil and sprouted! Im using FFoF as I did the last grow. Im hoping for the same great results.
This grow is all autos. I have Gorilla Glue#4 and a Whitewidow allready proudly standing. In soil and waiting to poke up are an Amnesia Haze and a NYC Sour Diesel. Im hoping they all finish by christmas and Ill start a 2 plant photogrow in January. Havent decided which yet but it’ll probably be two LA strains I picked up at the Amsterdam Seed Center. I have an LA Confidential and a LA Sorbet which I got in Amsterdam. Im also leaning towards a Girl Scout Cookies for that grow but I haven’t made up my mind yet. I may sprout it in the spring and put it outside for a outdoor summer veg grow. Ill pull her in to flower after the first two are done. I only do a 12 week veg period on my photos since my tent and space is not that accommodating. Here are the seedlings.
Have a great day a thanks for following!

10 Likes

Looking forward to following your autos. Looks good!

4 Likes

Woohoo!!

tenor%20(5)

2 Likes

Out of likes :+1::+1::+1: I’m set to watch! Yeeeee :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks @Beezy745 ! Happy to have you along.

1 Like

Awesome, good luck!

2 Likes

You’re off to a great start. I clicked the watch button for this one. Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Psyched about your Amsterdam trip. It’s been 20 years since I was last there myself. I had a great summer and have been off the radar for a bit. I have some Bruce Banners going now and am hoping my outdoor survives caterpillars and bud rot over the next three weeks. Hope all is well.

2 Likes

Looking great !!!
Ill follow along for the journey

2 Likes

In only one day, both seedlings produced their second set of leaves already and stretched out quite a bit. Im using a 28w led grow bulb for ‘em right now since the QB is on a 12/12 timer at the moment with the Blackberry K.
The GG4 and WW going strong

The Blackberry Kush, she’s probably at 30 days.

Im going to harvest her at the end of October or so and with a month to dry and cure I’ll be able to add it to my collection for Dec. Tho, I’m in good shape as far as stock goes for myself. I had my Little Amnesia that was ready for consumption right when I ran out of supply from my 1st grow. It produced about 4 jars of super smooth euphoric weed. It ran out as soon as the Skunk and Cake were ready. They made over 20 ozs combined. Not bad for a only 60 days of veg.
At this time I still have 5 jars of the ILGM Super Skunk and 3+ jars of the LA Cake. With the 62% humidity packs both are still moist, sticky, stinky, weed that’s as good as anything I had in Amsterdam. As good as these came out, it was a dissapointment that the other plants didnt cure well and I had to bury em in the yard. The big Amnesia went way to long and it spoiled basically while I dried it. The mother Blackberry Kush got mold on her and spoiled as well. I waited too long with them and should’ve pulled them sooner. Actually I should have followed the breeders recommendations on flower time to put me in the right ball park. I followed that for the Skunk and it worked out well. Since I couldn’t find a flower time for the cake (its probably someones special strain with its origins in California most likely, as I was told by the guys at the Amsterdam seed center) so I pulled it at the same time as the skunk and it worked out well. They had amber trichs all over at that point. The leaves on both had transitioned into their finishing colors. I also went to the bag method for the cure for them as well and it turned out to be my best cure so far. I’ll use this method from now on until I screw that up!
The skunk and the cake I hung whole in the grow tent and left the exhaust fan on 24-7. With a port open at the bottom it pulled in fresh air and the plants took 7 days to get a little crunchy on the outside. I then cut off the branches of the main stalk, trimmed big fan leaves and then cut all the branches to a length that would fit a big paper shopping bag and I went another week before a final marathon trim session and putting them into jars. After two weeks it was all ready potent enough that I took a 1/2 oz of ea. with me on my vacation. I finished it all while giving some away before getting on a plane to Amsterdam. And since we were going there, I didnt need to risk having any again going thru the airports.
I only took seeds and edibles back with me and all in their original packaging and thankfully, I had no problems upon my return to the states!
FYI. If you ever travel to Europe, make sure your vacation ends with 3 days in Amsterdam.
Here’s an update for the surprise summer grow. Technically I live in an Island that juts into an ocean. So I consider this baby an OG Blackberry Kush. It veged outdoors for about 4 months, tho quite a bit of that time, it spent rooting from as a clone.
Laters for now…
Enjoy your weekend!!
Puff, puff, cough, Pass…

3 Likes

Your babies look great @abouttime !! I tried killing mine yesterday I didn’t realize the temperature got all the way up to 93 and they’re not looking too happy today. Actually they do look better this morning than they did last night. I may still lose one or two I’m not sure yet :wink:

1 Like

Hi Missles, Thanks a bunch, sorry to hear about the heat issue but I wouldn’t be too worried, high summer heat is something they run into during the season… mother nature isn’t as consistent as we can be, delivering what the plants need on a daily basis. Of course were trying to maximize the potential of the plant by maintating optimum conditions so a day or 2 of “excessive heat” wont be harmful. You caught it quickly and heads up for any drooping in the plant. Feed it some water if she’s dry and then get back on you watering schedule…I like to water every other day but once in awhile I will go an extra day or two. So I guess thats the same as some hot temps for a day or two.
Hang in there!

1 Like

Hi brother @Sixpackdad, What a blast Amsterdam was. Im hoping to get all my money back in greens from the seeds I picked up… The auto grow has the potential to pay for Amsterdam and 4 photos can take care of the whole trip! Good to hear your back in the swing with a sweet strain. I didnt want to chance the weather, the neighbors, the good men and women of one of the finest pol dept. In the country, (little brown nosing goes a long way sometimes) so I brought it in the house… No tent for it tho…its too BIG!! Good problems…
Have to get my tent back up for the autos. Are you going back to the setup you had before or are you changing it up?

1 Like

Hey man - I have a tent going with the roots organics in three gallon fabric pots buckets - similar to what I have been doing. I am also trying bubbleponics. I have built up a good supply and really only need to grow two or three plants at a time. I have twelve, including seven outdoor, going at the moment.

1 Like

LOL @Sixpackdad, you got a good supply so your only growing twelve?!?!?!
I love it bro, My wife said to me how much more weed do you need? I told her, first of all its nice to have variety. Secondly, I love growing it. Its a great little hobby. My problem is I have ALOT of hobbies!!

1 Like

Yeah I got a little overzealous with the outdoor plants and when ut came to drop seeds for the indoor it was hard to only drop two!

1 Like

Hello all, Been busy with life but have been tending to my ladies that are above ground and trying to get a few more to germ. I’m having trouble with the Amnesia Haze autos to pop. I gave up on my first one already and I’m now on a second. She’s in dirt now so my fingazz are crossed. With that and a NYC Diesel I got in Amsterdam not sprouting I added a White widow/Cali Snow hybrid to water and we’ll see what happens. The GG4 is moving along after she and her soul mate the White Widow were transplanted to their permanent home in 3 gal fabric pots with FFoF. Just 6.3- 6.5 ph’d water for them and ILGM mold protection via spray bottle 2x a day.

My summer surprise clone is filling out well. Tonites dinner was a little water from my new dehumidifier which has the room at a steady 40% rh and 20ml of CalMag, 20ml Signal Terpene, 20ml liquid sea kelp, 1/8 teaspoon of bregmans 6th week boost. I’ve been giving her the Fox Farms once a week instead of the Bregmans. But I’ve thrown in the Bregmans too in small doses. Of course all water is ph’d back up to 6.3-6.5 before she’s fed. And I give a healthy dose of FF Bloom and Tiger Bloom once a week.

The plant is in a big 7 gal pot and I’ve been pumping up the ppms since I got back. I fed her Grow big twice as soon as I returned early in flower and stressed out a branch that went straight up by bending it down till she kinked. I then supported her so she wouldn’t break off for a week and she repaired herself and then went wild with cola production. Tonites feed was at 1400. I’ll keep that up for another week and then I’ll flush. I may get another 2 feeds in since I’m trying to go 3 days between watering and I also do just water every other feed. The pistils started turning orange and that means 21 days to harvest!
That puts me right around the end of the month for the chop. Her smell is an awesome fruity smell thats really come alive since adding the dehumidifer and drying out the room.
Alright guys thats it for now!
Happy growing and have a great weekend. Puff…puff… pass!
Super skunk this morning for a wake and bake!!

1 Like

Happy Friday night folks, A quick update…(yeah right).
Great news on the Germ front… after 10 days and I thought it was a goner. A NYC Diesel came to life last night.

I’m psyched to say the least.
The GG#4 from Amsterdam has taken off along with a White Widow so I now have 3 Autos going. I’m still germing 2 Amnesia Haze autos from ILGM. I’ve pretty much given up on the one in dirt and have another in water for a few days without it budging. I even changed the water. Also there’s a White Widow-California Snow that just went in. I’m trying to get 4 autos going for this grow I’ll do a 5th to cover my ass.
The Gorilla Glue #4 auto.
20191011_213818

The White Widow
20191011_213825
My Blackberry Kush clone summer surprise is in high gear. She has 18 days to go.
20191011_213720

She’ll get a sledge hammer flush Tuesday or Wednesday and then I’ll let her finish for two weeks and then get to the good part. She got her last super feed tonite.
Terpenes
Cal Mag
Organic Kelp
Fox Farms Tiger Bloom
Fox Farms Big Bloom
Back Strap Molasses
6.4 ph
1400ppm
7 gal pot.
The seedlings are in FFoF and are getting just straight distilled water and a spray mist of Bergmans Mold Control Foliar feed and water 2x day.
Peace everyone!

3 Likes

Yay that awesome :grin: I’ve heard good things about NYC diesel! That blackberry kush has some fat buds on her! Very nice @abouttime :wink: and Happy Friday to you too!

1 Like

Thanks @Missles, The deis died…yhat was quick…a white widow-california snow took tho and is up out of the dirt so I got my fingaz crossed. Two more Amnesia Haze replacements I got from ILGM for a previous order that turn out well germ wise also failed to even crack open. I put the last one in water this morning and the last nyc dies in water also. I split a dies seed in half trying to get her out of the packaging from Barneys Farm and so its the last one. Three failed already.
To end on a good note. Heres the girls as they stand today. I’m starting hwr two flush today. The GG4 and the WW are doing great

I have to catch up on your page today!

4 Likes