A Outdoor 3 Way With The Squatch

Hate that brother…

1 Like

I’m going do one also, been making my soil all summer…

1 Like

I got everything I need now. Im going to order some 20 gal pots. going to do soil grow with those . and one 7 gal back up with flower power

1 Like

I’m sooo sorry for your losses :slightly_frowning_face: This has been another rough season for outdoor growers sadly. And my photos still have to get through our fall rains :pray:t2:
I do have a few questions if you have time to answer please. I went on the light side of mixing my super soil mix this year and I think that wasn’t such a good idea. I’m going to go full strength on the next mix and I’ll add gypsum also as I believe you’re going to do. Just curious if you’re adding or altering anything else using @garrigan62 recipe. My plan is to get my mix done in mid October and let it cook over the winter in barrels in unheated garage. What’s your advice & opinions?
:hugs:

3 Likes

@SmoknGranny here’s the recipe We’re using. mix this with 1 .5 cu ft of your base soil. be sure its mixed realy really well
After you mix your soil you need to keep it where it stays warm for all the goodies to do there job. It wont “cook” if its cold. And yes Im going to add gypsum to the mix. if you have mixed everything good all it needs is 30 to 45 days to be ready to plant in
Since im mixing 1.5 cuft of soil Im going to get some 20 gal grow bags so what I mix will fill half of the pot.

.3125 lb or 5 oz Fishbone Meal 3-16-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Steamed Bone Meal 2-14-0

.625 lb or 10 oz Bat Guano 0-7-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Blood Meal 13-0-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Feather Meal 12-0-0

.375 lb or 6 oz Colloidal Rock Phosphate 0-3-0

1 tbsp Potassium Sulfate 0-0-53

1 tbsp Souluble Kelp Powder 0-0-17

1 tbsp Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)

3/4 tsp Powdered Humic Acid (90 % pure)

1 1/2 tbsp Epsom Salt

1tbsp Sweet Lime (Dolomite)

1 tbsp Asomite (Trace Elements)

6.25 lbs Worm Castings

8 Likes

Thanks sweetie. I already have most of those ingredients :slightly_smiling_face: My basement is heated so I guess I can store the mix in 5 gallon buckets. :thinking:

2 Likes

what were you going to store it in?

1 Like

I have a 55 gallon drum in the garage but it’s not heated. If I store in the basement I’ll use 5 gallon buckets with lids. I run my heat low but it should be in the 70-74 range in the basement over winter.

2 Likes

What size pots are you using with the super soil @Sasquatch?

1 Like

They look gorgeous btw!

1 Like

those were in 10gal pots. Lost them over the weekend to bud rot.
going to use 20 gal next grow .

3 Likes

Im going to get a few 30 gal drums with lids. Easy enough to handle. you can roll them to stir the soil

3 Likes

Oh no! That sucks bad! Sorry bro. You think the pot size had something to do with it?

1 Like

Hell no… lots of rain, hi humidity and no sun caused it

3 Likes

Too bad I can’t walk them like I used to do :grin:

1 Like

Lol, I thought so! When you mentioned the 20gal pots, I though you were trying to say that’s what you thought the cause was. I’m high, forgive me. Lol

1 Like

How much gypsum would be added to this mix?

1 Like

I’m reviewing my notes and I had used 3 cuft as my starter soil. Yep, that explains what I did wrong. :crazy_face:

1 Like

from what @highcountrygal said a couple good handfuls… I’ll verify that 1st of course

1 Like

No problem @Drillbit I suffer from the same affliction getting-stoned

4 Likes