A beginners guide from germinating to harvest to help answer most questions that most beginners have trouble with in getting started

Cat litter trays might work ?

2 Likes

Yes that might be the perfect deal …you rock @Paranormean Great thinking and idea .

1 Like

I’m getting ready to water the girls but I’m adding the skin milk option , so I’ll go read up on it if I can find some info on how much to a gallon and the benefits . I know it keeps them lil flying bugs larvae from hatching , but what it benefits the plants I cannot remember , so I’m going digging for Intel before I try it . I’ll update my girls here shortly after I give them a drink . Well I check my soil with moister meter and they are still has plenty of moisture throughout the 3 gallon pot so I’m thinking a couple of days before I water , but I search for some information on the skin milk and I found that the milk or coconut water can be used in flowering , so I’ll hold off on using the skin milk for now and might just wait until the last few weeks of flower before I even try it , but nothing is really happening much since I transplanted them yesterday except they are not stressed and now starting to grow out the new top nodes from where they have been topped . This is a clear indication that the Azos and Mykos is in full operation mode working on the roots , especially after seeing the rapid growth in the one gallon transparent buckets , I can only guess now what’s happening but I’m sure in about a week these plants will be thriving like crazy . Now if they start developing that fast which I reall believe they will , I’ll be flowering much sooner than planned and I’m anxious to compare this grow to previous grows that I have journal notes on I’ve done and the time length in veg compare to growing without Azos and Mykos to now adding it to my soil , I think this scrog will be magnificently phenomenal .

2 Likes

Yoshi if soil gnats are an issue, when I started fighting the leaf spot fungus I put two 9 inch high velocity fans in each corner on the floor and after a month or so I have not had one gnat yet, not one on my yellow stickies!

I broke the cycle and the gnats are gone, I leave one floor fan now on all the time but they’re not coming back
-hope this helps :thumbsup:

1 Like

@Paranorman I don’t have a gnat problem , I think I’ve seen them once maybe early on about 4 years ago but I learn quick to prevent that and yes I keep air moving . I have only one fan but I have a 190 CFM inline fan bringing cool fresh air and I used a 435 CFM in flower to help remove hot stake air out which really works great in my small tent .

Sorry, I guess I took what I saw out of context I still think that air movement on the floor is the best thing since sliced bread

putting a big fan like that on the floor because it moves a ton of air but gently nothing can fly and it quickly broke their life cycle

I haven’t had one on the sticky pad in months it’s almost unbelievable but it’s true …and they’re not coming back!

Edit: @yoshi when I get back later I’m going to try to delete myself out of your Journal as much as I can so it’s not choppy, keep it up, good info!

1 Like

Right I just don’t have the space for a fan in my small tent , I barely have room for my humidifier , Co2 generator , and room for two 3 gallon pots would be the reason I wouldn’t pull it off like your setup , but with how much air I’m moving in and out , my soil dries pretty rapidly I must say with how I have my fans in sequence and I don’t over water my plants cause I mix in Coco Coir in my soil medium which helps retain water a bit to buy time in between watering , now in flower with my lights on full power , I’m running almost a 1,000 watts of Led in a 2x2x5 tent .

1 Like

Okay water the girls today November 11 and they still slow growing , which I think the roots are going crazy from the Azos & Mykos I believe , but I PH’ed at 5.9 with Mammoth Piss , Voodoo Juice , Tarantula , Pirahna , and Terpinator , run off was 5.2 , plus I added another circulating small fan , and Co2 GroBro generator with humidifier , upper temps are at 76 degrees and 55% humidity and lower temps are 75 degrees and 56 % humidity and I think that’s just cause my tent was open when I checked the readings , but I’ll give it a couple hours and check temps and humidity again , and hopefully the added fan will help soil dry out faster to help generate more faster growth , but I’ll see where this goes from here only time will tell the real story . I’m expecting them to take off in a couple weeks serious but I’ll wait and see , this where I’m at for now , and until then happy growing !! Now I gotta do a water change on this 75 gallon fish tank and get some jugs refilled with that good fish emulsion water , man between the fish tank and these plants , it’s like a second job I swear but oh well my little home sanctions keeps me busy for the most parts .

2 Likes

Here is an update in week three since sprouted , was topped at the second node to get the main line I’m wanting , but they are really rooting I must say due to slow growth up top which is perfectly normal . I’ll give them another two weeks and make a few snips to initiate the main line , and I’ll let them recover and do they thing . The Kush seems to be moving faster than the Ice widow to me , but in my experience that widow plant is going to take off uncontrollably here shortly is why I must train it precisely , now the Kush seems to respond faster in recovery , but I was expecting a more rapid pace much sooner I guess , but they next feeding is Monday are Tuesday and I’ll feed a normal dose to get them going , but yeah this where I’m at with my grow . The fact I be trying different methods early on to get a more understanding of what to do and what not to do , but I been here before with a white widow that out grew my tent , so I have to slow that one down for sure I know , but everything looks to be getting started , which means I’ll tie down the two new tops and let it turn and stretch to the lights to get that main line , than I’ll super crop them in a few places to get that stalk strengthen to hold the weight of the buds I’m trying to get them to produce , but hope this is helping many unanswered questions , and most asked questions to growing in limited space . Honest I’m trying to polish my training methods after skipping a few grows since my last big harvest , so breaks in growing can cause you to forget vital information on the plant developments is why I strongly suggest writing written notes on each grow , but I’ve never topped a plant this early , hopefully it proves me worthy of helping others push they training techniques .

1 Like

You are worthy, Brother!

1 Like

They starting to utilized water faster which is another good indication the root system is developing . I tried to spread the new nodes ah little and one split , but I put a lil honey on there and saved it , but I’ll wait to try and start the main line , but gave the first full measured of feeding nutrients , so I’ll wait a few days to see how they respond . PH was 5.9 run off was 5.2 and ppm was 130 , so by Wednesday I should give an update on they response . Happy Growing !!!

1 Like

Well one side of where I topped split , I put honey on it to save it but obviously it didn’t work . But I feel like I lost my magic , I know how and have done it a few times over , but I don’t think or feel like I’m taking the right approach for some reason , but I’ll just let them continue and since I have to travel , I’ll let them grow until than and probably just pull them up , not happy and very frustrating , oh well maybe I just got lucky the first 7 grows .

Seriously??? a little adversity and you are already talking about giving up? Be realistic many people have issues through grows you’ve grown how many times and talked people through how many problems and are telling us you want to pull your plants why? just because your grow isn’t going perfectly a real guide should have real problems because everyone is bound to run into them so roll with it as you would if these were the only seeds you could get your hands on and you couldn’t afford to start over. I must have more faith in your growing than you deserve or something because I wouldn’t expect an experienced grower to throw in the towel so easily

3 Likes

@Donaldj I had to rant for a minute , but I’ve slept , went to work and gathered myself , now you know I’ve been at this for quite awhile to let ah lil adversity make me quit . Now my travel schedule is still gone be a challenge , but I’m hard at it right now making some few adjustment to make sure I can keep them watered while I’m gone for 2 weeks . I think I have it solved and only time will tell , but I’m no quitter , just have a vent and re-think a moment . But I won’t quit , and I think this one gone be the best ever , if not damn close .

5 Likes

I got to thinking on my PH and runoff numbers , and I remember that I do have a bit more Coco in my mix than normal cause of my first trip a couple weeks ago , so I gave them water from what I PH’ed last time and my runoff was to low at 5.2 , so I raise my runoff it up to 5.78 on my pen and I’ll start watering every other day since Coco should run like hydro pretty much , but @Donaldj my rant was my about my wife complaining about how I’m supposed to maintain them while we traveling , and she don’t want my snooping mother in law knowing what’s the portable small clothes closet has in it while she dog sit for us , cause I keep it lock when she is here , but my wife said she have asked about that closet several times and what’s the big fans for …lmao , so I ranted and vented , but I always figure a way out . So in a day are so I should have a better report . But for the purpose of the thread , my ph was going in at 5.9 and my runoff was coming out at 5.2 , so I adjusted it by pouring in 9.5 ph and my runoff came out at 5.7 , this is only week 3 in the grow , Friday will be week 4 from sprout .

1 Like

Black Friday I’m making the switch and get them started on flowering , so by time I leave to go visit my kids for Christmas , I should have roughly 2-3 weeks to finish and I think I have away to keep them watered while gone for the two weeks , thanks for reminding me that I should never forfeit on good seeds .

1 Like

I have tried to germinate 6seeds only 2have popped .used the wet paper towel method, any suggestions. I’ve had them there for over a week.

There is a really simple solution come clean tell her people are far more open minded than you think and if you truly believe she buys the portable closet excuse which I doubt odds are she already knows and figures you will tell her when you are ready.

2 Likes

@Clermont are you keeping them in a dark humid area in the paper towels , with ph water are distilled . You must keep the paper towels wet constantly . Are you can soak them in distilled are ph water in a cup until they sink and than try the paper towel . But I food my paper towel twice half and half , than press the paper towels cusp around the seeds and just add water every 12 hours , a sprinkle off the hand just to keep the paper towel saturated .

@Donaldj than you have no idea of my mother in law , she is a strawberry blonde Dixie chic , ohhhhhhhhh she said well that’s creative , so you allow air in there to keep your clothes and suits from absorbing humidity closed up in there …ohhhhhhhhhh well hmmmm I guess , that’s smart maybe I should buy one at Walmart for my dresses …lol exactly reaction !!!

1 Like