8/2/21 White Widow & Gold Leaf

I’m at a loss on this one. Almost like something acidic mixed in the soil.

1 Like

The soil for this plant has always been weird. Way more ppm’s than any other plant… and every time I check it.

1 Like

Since you have access to RO water I’d do a slurry test. Quick Youtube search will show you how if you’re not familiar. :+1:

2 Likes

Just right for vegging

1 Like

Good idea!

1 Like

They all look good at my 2230hr check. Yay.

2 Likes

Ester:

Did my slurry test. After a ton of research and a couple of experiments. I dug down about 4 inches, on opposite sides of the plant, halfway in between the plant and the bucket.

Results are:

I had to use my water which was ph’ed to:

My ph meter is designed to measure RO water so the readings are accurate. It’s an Apera PH60.

With a ppm of:

It’s what I had on hand.

I had to use a ratio of 2 parts water to 1 part soil. With a 1/1 ratio I could not extract enough water to test. I hope the data I have is accurate. Idk. I do know I am going to buy the tip for my PH-60 tp test ph in the soil. I guess you just push it in the soil and BAM, results.

I still do not understand what happened last night.

@Indicanna_Jones
@CygnusX1
@Hellraiser

On another note, same plant. Is this Foxtailing?

The best picture of it are in the 2nd &3ed pictures down, in the middle left of the plant.

6.8 ph ain’t bad the tds is low so I would feed it. That definitely looks like the start of foxtailing.

1 Like

Yeah, ima feed it today. She got a bunch of watering yesterday. But 400 is low…

What do u suggest about the Foxtailing? I have obviously never had to deal with that.

Usually caused by excessive light or heat stress. Sometimes is a genetic thing and clones will even do it. Some people just keep cutting them off because they usually aren’t good quality.

1 Like

My light is all the way up. Maybe I should turn it down a click or 2.

It’s at full blast at 36" above canopy. Further for her though as she is a runt.

Wow thats definitely not close.

1 Like

Just bought this.

CP-1

Makes ph’ing water SO much easier!

Thanks for the tip my friends!

So I am stumped.

There HAS to be a contaminate of some type in the soil. This is the only plant with an issue.

You seen my slurry test results. I don’t think I did the test incorrectly.

To feed her I made 1 gallon of water/nutes to raise the ppm from 400. I ph’ed it to 6.60.

Run-off ph: 5.64 - yesterday
Slurry test ph: 6.8 - today
Water/nutes going in: 6.60 - today
Run-off ph: 5.51 :crazy_face:

The ppm’s are now in range but the ph is way low again!!!

2 Likes

Yeah thats just weird lol. Id prob just keep feeding it with 6.8 ish ph and forget about it.

1 Like

What’s your opinion of me grabbing it by the stalk and working it out of the soil. (With the help of some tools) Giving it a good rinse in a 5 gallon bucket of ph’ed RO; then replant in new soil?

1 Like

That would stress and stop plant growth for several days if everything going smoothly. I would probably advise against that at this point. If it was still in veg I’d say its an option but wouldn’t want to risk it now. I’d prob just let it go and keep feeding like the others.

1 Like

I was thinking it would be stressed. Thank you.

1 Like

Same here. I rarely check runoff and don’t chase numbers.

2 Likes

I have a hard time reading those charts. Sometimes it looks like too much Cal, sometimes I think it looks like a potassium deficiency… idk

3 different pLants.

:neutral_face:

1 Like