8/2/21 White Widow & Gold Leaf

I dropped 10 White Widow in one cup and 6 Gold Leaf yesterday.

Placed them in my little seedling thing with a heating pad. Placed a cheap thermometer/ humidity meter in there.

3 Likes

@OlyBoy98503
@Docnraq

Very nice! :popcorn:

1 Like

This might sound dumb but I really like that you started the title of your journal with the date your grow started.

I am totally doing that in the future. That will help me with organization.

Anyway, I’m set to watch!

1 Like

November 5th 1955! Back to the future! :slight_smile: I agree, good idea.

1 Like

when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious shit.

2 Likes

No sprouts yet.

It’s like waiting for Christmas morning. :smile:

2 Likes

Checked crop after work. 8 White Widow and 4 Gold Leaf sprouted.

3 Likes

I drilled holes in each lower corner of the spout holder. In attempt to get some more air flow to reduce the temp and humidity.

8/5/2021
All 10 White Widow germinated. All 10 were placed in the sprouter. All 10 popped out of the soil.

4 of the 6 Gold Leaf seeds germinated. 1 more is just cracked open and 1 is just there. The 4 germinated ones were placed in the sprouter. Of those 4, 3 of them have popped out of the soil.

Bought a small sprout light.
36W LED Small Plant Grow Strip Lights | WEEGrow CS-100
I am not sure if I should run it with the cover on the tray or off. I am also not sure what setting I should run that light on.

Tagging along, curious to see how that spouter works out.

1 Like

8/6/2021 @ 0530
A couple sprout really reaching out even from last night.

Any advice on using the dome or not?

I don’t like to dome new seedlings only clones that have no roots yet.
I’ve been using peat pods for my seedlings.
You don’t want the humidity so high you risk growing mold on the pods.
I’ve had that happen and the mold kills the seedling.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Does that tray drain into a catch-pan below it or not?
You don’t want your sprouts in standing water either.
They are real touchy at this stage, like a newborn baby.
You want to provide them with the best environment you can.
I put my peat pods in a small dish and do not allow any excess water to sit in there.
When the pod starts to look dry on the top I give it a few sprays of water and make sure the pod sucks it all up. If it doesn’t I pick up the pod and pour the excess water out of the dish!

Yes it has a drip pan under the tray.

Great! Your soil mix looks like it has a little white stuff, not perlite, on it.
That reminded me of the peat pod I had domed that got white fuzzy mold in it and died.
I’d give it a go like it is, positioning your light above them at 6" or so to start.
If the light is too far away or too weak your spouts will get leggy, stretched to the light.
Then I’d just mist them with distilled water with 1/4 tsp Epsom Salt per gallon of water added.
The tiny bit of Epsom Salt is supposed to help stimulate root growth. :+1: :sunglasses:

8/6/2021 @ 5:40pm

They seem to have grown quite a bit in 12 hours…
I misted them with water.

2 Likes

Would you guys say this one is ready for putting in the dirt, in my sprout tray? This went in the cup of water the Sam day and time as the others, 8/2.