6stringTs #5grow journal

If you want to get technical

1 Like

Dont trust digital timersā€™ its analog all the way. Digital timers are to hard for my small brain to figure out.

2 Likes

Yea I use a mechanical one too,

1 Like

Looks good to me!

1 Like

Had an environment concerns. 86ā€™ F and 32%RH. Adj. were made. Itā€™s cooling down at night so that makes it easier.

No trouble with the heat after all. They are taking 85ā€™F no prob.
So now that I looked at my TDS meter with my reading glasses on I see that X10 next to the reading, which means now itā€™s high but, no discernible problems with the plants, yet. With runoff @ 5000 ppm Iā€™m now choosing to pH water only, next time which will be 7/1AM. Iā€™ll take a few pics then. Iā€™m seeing plenty of sticky trichomes and buds developing loads of white pistils and a few starting to turn amber. Iā€™m not going to bother checking trichomes for at least another 2-3 weeks. Iā€™m noticing that the ample ā€œsugarā€ is even on the inner most parts of some of the shorter steamed fan leaves that get light. I got the Photone app Samsung reads pretty close to published PPFD per positional proximity so Iā€™m running 2 100W Q panels at 11-12 inches getting @700-1200 PPFD with a DLI of 50-62. Onward and upward!

7/1 Update: runoff TDS reading 1900, 3000 in the 2 C+Cs, so out in the yard for another good flush with rain water, fallowed by rain water and molasses and Espoma Cactus fret. which has a bunch of microbes. I sprayed down the empty tent with peroxide + water, followed by Capt. Jacks after the plants went back in. They look good and getting frosty.
Photone app reading @700-1100, DLI running @+50ish

Buds stacking up:

A few pistils already rustingā€¦interesting:
Tips of some leaves just a bit hot:

2 Likes

Three (needing water) Outside; 2 photoperiod Harlequin Kimbo Kush and one NLights Auto stacking buds nicely. I did feed them plus itā€™s going to rain tomorrow AM:

NLights auto right next to the chickens dust bathing spa!:

2 Likes

Forgot this; Wk 9, Wk 3.5 flower
temp 75-85ā€™F, RH 30s up to 49%.

1 Like

@Graysin , @Newt , @SilvaBack203 , @Borderryan22 , @plumbdand @BudzMS , @OGIncognito , @MrPeat , @Fieldofdreams , @Borderryan22 , @Kj6879
Thanks for the interest and likes! Any insight re. high runoff numbers? Iā€™ve put nearly 5 gal. through the 2 C+C plants including molasses and Cactus bloom with microbes. They both look great to me, very frosty, very sticky. Iā€™m being extra careful not to touch any buds. I plan on resuming with Jacks tomorrow, if this makes sense.

3 Likes

I donā€™t worry too much about high runoff if I know Iā€™ve put more into my plant than just nutrients. Even pH adjusters, silica, microbes, molasses all add PPMs to runoff. So unless they look unhappy, they arenā€™t. :v:

4 Likes

I was hoping for someone to say that! Thanks!

2 Likes

Looking good! Like @Graysin said, if they look happy, they probably are lol. If theyā€™re good, I donā€™t worry about runoff numbers. I havenā€™t checked runoff all year lol

3 Likes

:point_up_2: canā€™t add anything to that @6stringT :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I donā€™t measure mine. If I have an issue, and need info about the soil I do a slurry test of soil taken from root level.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! I was thinking that was the case. I appreciate the confirmation from the experience of successful growers. This must be the situation where flushing might be of benefit a few days before chop? But it would seem to me that I would take longer than a few days to clear out the excess salts from the plant if any? I guess that 5000 ppm after misreading the meter, thinking it was 300-500ppm, had me concerned.

1 Like

Iā€™ll post a string of pics for Wk 10:
White stuff on the rim of the pot is DE.

I had the 68W cfl collecting dust so I added it.

Now 3 outdoors in the garden/chicken yard.

1 Like

@Graysin , @Spiney_norman , @plumbdand , @OGIncognito @Borderryan22 @Fieldofdreams @MrPeat @MidwestGuy @BudzMS @Bulldognuts all the mods and everyone who has been so helpful here at ILGM Thanks! Here is a shot of the burnt tips that seem to indicate max nute push per light. The DLI is measuring @+50 with the Photone app. PPFD 700-1100.

6 Likes

Talk about jealousā€¦I am!

2 Likes

Nice painted nails!