4×4 platinum grow

@dbrn32 Am trying to work out a deal if I do review and video, would be about same costs as f series gen3 4 strip build but instead of 2 rows of lights per strip would be 3. They are 4 ft by 2in They have heatsinks that come with them or u can order strips serperately and I get a discount from heatsink usa through my shop if i order there but the 2.069 would work. Either way for me to have to gamble it he would have to at least come down or below what I could build a good f series for because they are proven lights. Just wanted you to look over before I even think about trying. I was about to order 8 132 boards in 4000k but then I thought if i could do a strip build for around same cost i might try it out.

Would go with 4 strips probably also if I did do, space not set yet as I dont have 2nd tent yet so just in a 5×5 area to 6×6 next to my tent

1 Like

4 strips at 1750ma would be really stretching in a 5x5. I would probably shoot for 5 to be honest. Especially since it appears 5 will fit hlg-480 in series.

I think becomes an issue of how sweet of a deal he cuts you. I’m sure his strips will work, but you have single or double row f-series, eb gen 2 that you may be able to find sweet deal on if there is stock too.

@dbrn32 F series double row at like 4000k best I can find at 4 or 2 ft it comes out to about 50$ which is about the same cost, single row f series probably be about the same cause of having to get double and i dont have anything against eb i just thinking 4 ft strips would make things a little easier. Now thats on digi key not sure if there’s any other places that are good to get from. Pretty sure I will eventually get another tent it will be 5×5 and prob turn my flower room into that and veg room in my 4×4 tent seeing as I can’t veg more then I can flower most times.

That is what i got for veg right now but last 2 platinums are sold on the 27th maybe little sooner so have to have veg light before then only reason I’m looking.

1 Like

Eb are available in 1120mm, but looks like gen 2 are all sold out. probably not as much savings in gen 3 strips. Single row f-series looks like all sold out too.

So comparatively, you would be looking at qb 120 build. 8 boards and hlg-480 runs about $310 and you wouldn’t need heatsinks. Remaining stuff you are pretty much buying either way.

Now would the 132 be better then 120s even tho they are a little bit more I got a code for amazon that works on 132 for some reason but not 120s and a code for digi key that they sent me in email. Or would I need 2 drivers or hlg-600 for 8 132s.

I guess ill give guy another day to respond on strip price before i just go with board build probably.

1 Like

Great question! I would have to go double check to be sure, but I don’t think a single hlg-480h-c1750 will run 8 132 boards. However, I’m pretty sure an hlg-480h-c2100 will run 8 120 boards.

Of course, you could still run 8 132 boards from 2 drivers, which probably costs about the same as one hlg-480. Or go parallel on CV driver. If the savings are significant enough on the boards there are definitely ways to make it work.

@dbrn32 ok so guy hasn’t gotten back to me yet about strips but ive been doing some research and im thinking I might go with 8 132s and 2 drivers on one frame that way I can dim 1/2 of it for smaller plants if needed then run other side higher for larger plants thinking something like this.

Although i may do 2 fixtures for spacing
Prices of 120s only 6 dollars less now they went up so might as well do 132s.bit would be 2 240-1750bs correct?

If you go with 132 boards, yes hlg-240h-c1750 per 4 boards. Last letter A has built in dimming pot, last letter B has leads and you would need to wire in your own pot to have dimming.

I would do just like picture if it were for one space.

Cool i think I might are a set of 4 today and both drivers that way I can at least hook up a 4 square if needed before I buy other 4 boards

1 Like

And as always thanks for your help ill post after arriving/completed

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

Update only 2nd day into 12/12’s took the plant in the front left out beforeas it was having some problems and replaces with a smaller one. Also did it to give my larger star tribe some more room cause it is

2 Likes