4×4 platinum grow

@EastCoastP6 I have like a 8 inch fan at the top which help sucks out the hot air.

I was using a oscillating fan at the bottom but I changed it out to a big box fan as it can really push the air and also help with the stalks to get stronger.

I don’t use a intake as our ac on this side of the house doesn’t have great airflow. Thus I also use a window ac unit sitting on a bucket to help cool the tent down. It works great for me.

We are to big to fit through the attic door for this side of the house. We need a skinny 8 year old so this was just shaft construction for the add on.

I use 5 gallon buckets I got from Walmart. Cheap…I also punched the holes in the bottom of the bucket.

I hope that answer your questions.

Clip on fans are convenient but you’ll probably need a few. They don’t move a lot of air and kinda suck in general. when I replace mine will likely be going to tower styled oscillating fan.

Pots depend on how big of plants you want. I usually use between 1 and 3 gallon fabric. But I don’t grow large plants either.

I enjoy growing a huge cola. But the real downside of a big plant is managing to get enough light so that it’s worth growing and still get enough weight in harvested crop. Because trying to grow other plants while having a big one won’t work out because they are light hogs and hog the grow space.

Like my big girl bent over is taking up most of the 4x4 tent. She was insane before joining this forum.

Trim 1/3 of everything under the canopy, you’ll be golden.

Oscillating fans of any kind will work. They will all fail eventually. Even the ones I had. So I can’t recommend anything specifically. But buy cheap! ZIP TIE EVERYTHING TO SOMETHING SECURE! I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve seen a post where the fan fell on my baby!
@EastCoastP6
Edit 1/3 from the bottom or 1/4 until you feel comfortable.

It’s hard to beat a big box fan. Mine can’t fall over with how I got it set up.

1 Like

Ok so almost everything has arrived and setup for the most part. (Quite a bit over budget specially with the light build but its well worth it cause someone is buying 2 of my platinums for 475 and im gonna keep one for babies/mother plant.) Still need to drill a 6 inch hole innthe attic door to vent the ifinity but it is working for now. Temps are running about 78-80 a little higher then id like it but once i vent out of the room the tent is in it should come down.

1 Like

Currently running at 78 degrees with light at about 70 pcnt. Not quite sure how far i should be turning my boards up when plants are this young @dbrn32 how high do you run the 480 with 4 boards hooked up to it? Or would you, For small veg plants

1 Like

You should never have to run that light closer than about 18-24", and that would be flowering. vegging on 18 hour schedule you could run it at half power early at similar heights, then increase to 70ish % as they get a little more mature.

Always seems to be a few excuses with light sensitive plants too. Best policy is to watch plants and adjust accordingly.

So 2 out of my 4 plants have been having problems pretty much since there first fan leaves was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what it is. I have not fed them very much just 1/4 strength feeding every 3 or so days with water an phed every other feeding. Now my nutes are a little old but the other 2 plants are doing great so thinking its the plants.

This one the leaves are wrinkled, thick and almost like leather.

This one is tacoing ive been watering at 6.2-6.5 ph heats are no hotter then 82 with humidity around 50-60.
Water im using is filtered and ppms are around 10 when checking, i add calmag to everything since water is filtered.

How big is those pots? They seem to be on the small size for such a plant. Possibly to early for nutrients.

Parts are one gallons but they just went into those about a week ago so is still plenty of room left in the pots maybe i will just cal mag feed for a week or 2 and see whay happens my other 2 ( same strand as the taco one) are taking it great

Been a while since posting any pictures so heres a update my 3 star tribes are growing strong and bushy as all hell. The gg#4 is still looking not the greatest but have notice big improvements in last 2 days so hoping it will turn around. If not isnt a big deal not counting on anything from it anyways.

3 Likes

Got some seeds in yesterday also. Plan to drop my 6 tahoe ogs to attempt to pheno hunt it is one of my old favorite strain I use to have a mother of.
Also my wife’s been begging me to do fastbuds blackberry auto so I’m gonna drop that with a night queen auto from dutch passion.

2 Likes

Ok so i am about a week out from sending these bushes to 12/12 was wondering if everyone starts to trim the bottoms now or should wait till i put up my scrog and switch to 12&12. Scrog will go up tomorrow and tonight will be last night of 18/6 will start cutting down to 16/8 tomorrow

4 Likes

Just an observation. :wink:
Do you make sure that your pots aren’t sitting in the runoff ?
I don’t see anything under them.
@EastCoastP6.

@Oldguy I’ve been either pulling them out of the tent to water for now or using my pump hose to pump water out of corner of bottom of tent, but when scrog goes up they will have to have drain pans under them.

2 Likes

Really putting out some growth now all showing signs of female will be to 12/12 within 6 days in fear they will out grow my tent, scrog going up tomorrow after figuring out how I’m gonna get plants off ground and containers underneath for water don’t feel like vacuum sucking water out of bottom for all of flowering

3 Likes

@dbrn32 was wondering if and when you have some extra time tell me what you think about these specs I had posted the strips a couple weeks ago on DIY thread for a veg light strip. Is a new company might try out and do a review for him and build video as he does not have any out there. Is something a little different then other strips builds maybe little more coverage since is 3 rows am possibly willing to give it a try.

Featuring 210 pieces of top bin Samsung LM301B white diodes arranged in a 4000k/3000k mix with 4 top bin Cree XP-E2 450nm blue diodes, Super Blue 110 provides a supplemental blue boost resembling “high-noon” summer sunlight.

Specifications:

• CCT: 4021K
  • CRI: 87
  • Typical Forward Voltage: ~46V
  • Max Current: 2.3A
  • Max Watts: 110W at the wall (With proper heatsink and cooling)
  • Dimensions: 1120mm (44.1") x 48mm (1.9")

Recommended Drivers (Series Wiring)

• 2 Strips: Meanwell HLG185h-C1400
  • 3 Strips: Meanwell HLG240h-C1400 or C1750
  • 4 Strips: Meanwell HLG320h-C1400 or C1750
  • 4 or 5 Strips: Meanwell HLG480h-C1750

Recommended Drivers (Parallel Wiring)

• 3 Strips: Meanwell 240h-48
  • 4 Strips: Meanwell 320h-48
  • 5 or 6 Strips: Meanwell HLG480h-48
  • 6 - 8 Strips: Meanwell HLG600h-48
    • Please ensure your configuration DOES NOT exceed maximum current of 2.3A per strip.
    • DO NOT wire Big Red and Super Blue together in Parallel due to risk of Thermal Runaway.
    • See Drivers (Parallel) in Build Notes for more info.

What is cost? 4’x2" heatsinks will set you back a decent buck if you have to order custom.

I would take a look at what you’re planning for configuration and compare the cost against other options. 4 blue leds per strip isn’t going to make it a superior veg light over a traditional 4000k 80cri light.