20 Days in April - The Contest!

I think we need a chart some where to tell who is growing what and what the plants names are lol getting hard to keep up :grin:

1 Like

Crazy right?

Thelma packing on the pounds. Lol I wish

7 Likes

So Betsy is having a 24hr dark but then tomorrow is chop day excited :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Day 82 and 33 of flower for Charlotte. She is turning pistils quicker now and has some good milkiness to her trichomes already and it shouldnā€™t be too much longer now for her. She has an incredible smell to her.

13 Likes

Wow congrats mate the works payed off :+1:

2 Likes

Well, looks closer than I thought when I see Robertā€™s guide.

Been trimming off dying leaves all over the plant as the days go by, and, well, I think this is a case of ā€œspot the differenceā€ and thereā€™s hardly a white pistil anywhere

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/wp-content/upload_folders/ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/2012/09/when-to-harvest-weed-168x224.jpg

Sheā€™s going to get a couple of days more until the last leaves are gone, but thatā€™s as close I think sheā€™ll get as thereā€™s loads of cloudy trichs in there.

I call ready, yā€™all agree?

Edit:. Nipped a bit off, gave it a quick and nasty dry in the G-Pen (a couple of minutes at 420Ā°F), rolled it up into a typical european splifferette with some tobacco, I havenā€™t finished it yet but I think I may well have to go and lie down soon, have a nice, soft and fluffy, relaxed feel over my whole body. That should only improve with a proper dry and cure, even although there was no real harshness in that smoke at all.

Chopped and trimmed pics, and wet weight, to follow in the next day or two.

6 Likes

U must b so happy U didnā€™t find a way to kill her off.

1 Like

I am, but I am a quick learner and recognised previous mistakes and made sure I didnā€™t make the same ones twice. But when I see these colas I know thereā€™s a yield that makes me even happier when you consider itā€™s an auto in a 1 Imperial gallon pot which is something people say you should never do. And since that absolutely proves the viability of my DIY cheap led panel, which is soon to be changed to one that is 100% the SMD 5730 SB then next time round should be better thanks to the extra light. Youā€™ve seen the pics, and I am impressed given that light cost under $40. A couple of small mistakes were made, but nothing serious, they have also been learned from.

So now itā€™s drying experiment time. We all know the ā€œtraditionalā€ hanging method, but I ainā€™t sure I have a room where the temperatures are good for that. So now itā€™s time for some serious reading on different methods and get ready to completely redo everything to fit a single 4.5 Imperial gallon pot for the next round and see what happens.

Itā€™s a learning curve, but Iā€™m happy with what Iā€™ve done given my experience level.

6 Likes

I use cardboard boxes for drying because I donā€™t have a place to hang.

3 Likes

Boxes are no problem, just have to pick one which hasnā€™t been plasticised in some way and that ainā€™t so easy nowadays.

But busy testing some brown bags I got to see if they have been plasticised, thatā€™s an easy thing to do as you just drop some fresh nuts into one and watch for the oils coming through, paper with no plastic in it will see the oils come through almost immediately, which is exactly what is happening in front of my eyes.

So I have options

2 Likes

I use them too if my tent is occupied or full already. They work great, but seem to dry a little faster than the tent.

2 Likes

30 days from flip.

just chillin. Nothing exciting

7 Likes

Well, like with brown paper bags, the cardboard absorbs moisture so it sucks the moisture out of the bud without the air being so dry it wrecks the bud.

In theory, a load of cheap, unbleached, coffee filters on the bottom would speed things up more as they seriously take the moisture in, put a few nuts in a coffee filter and see how quickly the oils come through and youā€™ll see what I mean, but whether that would be ā€œtoo quickā€ or not is something I do not know.

4 Likes

So chopped Chalky, trimmed and broken down to individual buds for drying in box and bags is just over 100g wet, just short of 4oz.

Not bad for the first truly successful grow, and by the feel of things I may have been underwatering, especially as temps rose here, so the reality could well have been better as the buds feel like they ainā€™t losing 75% of their weight once the moisture goes.

Am happy.

5 Likes

Awsome job , my friend, Iā€™m so happy for you , love your diy $40 budget grow

1 Like

Waiting on the parts for a small upgrade, getting rid of the blurple so light intensity should be higher. Cost is going to be around the same, and I look at it as a way to show people you donā€™t need to spend a lot of money if you want to grow a plant for your own use.

So, time to get everything cleaned up and sorted out for the next round.

5 Likes

Iā€™m excited for you my friend, keep up the good work, Iā€™m following along

3 Likes

Thelma seems to b doing a great job stacking her buds. About a month left.

10 Likes

Wow, Thelmaā€™s looking real good.

2 Likes