2 week old seedlings...how far along should my plants be?

Blotches on lower leaves probably. Mag Def. 2 Tbls per gal. water works in my room. These look good to me maybe more N. for yellowing leaves.

I’m into my 2nd week and mine look similar, but are leggy. Also, see this one where the seed hasn’t fallen off. Should I pick it off?

Thanks!

1 Like

If you can remove it safely without damaging the leaves, go for it. Sometimes I spit on the shell and then slide it off - sounds gross but it works.

As far as the leggy-ness, don’t stress it. You can bury the extra long stem when you go to transplant her. To prevent it from happening again, though, you’re gonna want to crank up the brightness on your light or lower it down closer to the plant. She’s growing tall and lanky to reach more light and it results in instability.

PS - welcome to the forums! Great folks here. If I can’t help ya, I can always grab someone who can. :v:

1 Like

Many thanks @Graysin ! This morning I used a toothpick and gently nudged the seed shell off the leaves. Ironically, I thought my lights were too low so I raised them higher and yes, they are all reaching for it. I’ll lower the lights again and see how that turns out.

1 Like

6 week old gold leaf plants. Made a few stress bends a few days ago a d put the net up yestrday. I dont think they would b this looking this good without some of the advice i got from u guys earlier on. Gonna start pre flower in 2 weeks from tmoro. Thanx for helpn me along guys. U know who u are.

All of the tube lighting and the tripod paddle lights are just supplemental. The theory is that they will help me to get good light underneath the canopies without having to do alot of pruning of the fan leaves when i cut the light back to 12/12. I originally bought em for seedlings.

4 Likes

I have to say, you have more things to consider than just light penetration when it comes to excessive fan leaves. My general practice (and bear in mind everyone grows different, so don’t feel obligated to adopt my style) is to remove every single fan leaf on the day after I flip to 12/12. Then again at day 21 (that’s usually around the time there are too many fan leaves for good light penetration again). After that I strip fans strategically until the plant is done. But the reason I do this is to increase airflow to the whole plant - my flowering set up runs about 8-10° hotter than my veg set up, so powdery mildew is eager to appear and spread like a wildfire if it’s given the opportunity. No fan leaves = no opportunity. By the time I’m in late Flower, the humidity doesn’t seem to be as extreme and I have less moisture build up where fan leaves overlap. It may be different for different climates but that’s been my experience.

PS they’re looking straight :fire:

2 Likes

What the hell have I been doing for the last 28 days?

Girls look GREAT man!!
So happy they bounced back for you!
@Graysin got you squared away and has given you stellar advice throughout!
Sure! - He’s trying to corner the market on weed seeds, but he’s an alright guy! :rofl:
And he knows his shit!
*seriously - we all gonna be buying genetics from Graysin Farms soon! :joy:

Can’t wait to watch these ladies fill out and reach their potential!
You got a little while yet, but the exciting part is coming - it keeps you moving!
Keep posting man - We :heart: pics and updates!!
Set to watch now so I don’t miss you in the future!

Keep up the GREAT work!!
and

Happy Growing Everyone!!!

3 Likes

Thanks again for the encouragement. I think they are lookin pretty nice too if i do say so myself. Tyler u and Greysin both have been great with the advice and pointers. I really dont think they would look so good without both of ur input. This forum is the motts…i’ll post a few more pics when i get a little bit into flower. Cant wait. I am so looking forward to smoking on this gold leaf strain. Hipefully the rest of the grow goes as well as it has been so far

1 Like

Rock on, my friend! :v: Keep us posted as you grow

Greysin…Aftr u clip all the leaves how much dli or ppfd do u use?..im gonna go with the method u sugesstd. Ive got really good airflow in the tent tho…3 clip ons, a medium oscllatr and a 4" inline fan that blows cool air in. Ive been keeping that one aimed more at the bags tho.

2 Likes

45-50 DLI from late veg through to late flower all the time. I only reduce for the last 2ish weeks of flower (if I remember) down to 35-40.

2 Likes

Thats what ive got it on now…thank u again sir

Why do you reduce the DLI the last bit of flowering ?

1 Like

Helps prevent foxtailing of the buds.
Foxtailing is common in some strains of weed and isn’t really an issue. I’ve read some people say they have less THC but honestly I don’t know what evidence they have to support that claim.
In my experience sativa is more prone to it than indicas are.

I’m sure someone with more knowledge will come along and further the conversation.

Ah I do see a little foxtailing on my WW . I’ll back it off a little I just figured push hard til finish ya know ? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I hear you brother!
I blasted the living shit out of the autos in my small tent!
One of the girls apparently didn’t care for 8 million DLI! LOL!!

I’m a firm believer in 1 click below spontaneous plant combustion for my light intensity! :laughing: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Lmao @ 8 million this is how I’m set up right now. 6" Ac Infnity fan coming in tomorrow and a real light In a few weeks.

That blackbird is gonna set it off.

8 lil GE grow lights in here lmao but it’s working . Gets a lil warm without the fan so I may switch the tim to lights off during 12 to 4 pm.

A few different stages going.

1 Like

Dude - TOTALLY impressed with what you’ve achieved so far with what you have! No shame in that at all!!
But, yeah, the Blackbird would be a awesome upgrade for your space.
Just keep on stroking and saving them pennies!!

Best of Luck to you!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the assist @Tylersays

I have been moving furniture all day, forgot all about the forum for a minute :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I hear you brother!
I’ve got to go give a lite feeding and water an entire solarium full of plants that AREN’T weed!!
WTF is wrong with that picture?
Amongst other chores…UGG!
And I just got back from Walnutz! On a Saturday! Double UGG!!

2 Likes