2 week old seedlings...how far along should my plants be?

Extra ugh. I’m not that brave.

Absolutely beautiful skate…i hope mine turn out looking anything close to what u have in that pic…mine arent af tho.

I just used miracle grow organics for the first grow but she got stunted bc of pit size. 2nd grow I used miracle grow seedling mix but Ocean Forest from Fox Farm soil. I still didn’t fill them up all thr way but I topped the 2 smaller ones correctly this time. If you have any questions lmk. That’s how we all learn :blush:

Yours seem bigger than mine tbh. Mines just in a 4x4

I think my photone app is givn me dickd up nmbrs.

2 weeks into flowering…made a few low stress bends using small clamps and zipties…does anyone think thats a bad idea?

3 Likes

Nope! Perfect solution. I’ve used binder clips on many occasions when I ran out of LST clips or the branches were too thick for em. :fire::v:

My how they grow up so quick!!

Looking good man!

Nah - I nudge, bend and strangle up till the end. LOL!

I haven’t used a zip tie - not that I wouldn’t! But Every bread tie I see is game and I love the super long ones you get sometimes in packaging for something.
I’ve got some LST clips which can be very useful
and a spool of solid core copper wire. I can’t remember the gauge but it’s not super heavy but it holds well.

I will say, don’t use a zip tie as an alternative for actual plant mending. I zip-tied a plant with a broken stalk and forgot to check up on her til the zip tie was so tight it was literally choking the life out of her :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nah - that’s why they invented duct tape! LOL!

1 Like

I didn’t have any tape handy! :joy:

1 Like

I am embarrassed to say but i smoked a way too much one night with my brother and started LST with some spare speaker wire. It works! And honestly i’ve had a ton of fun topping them and LST. For my first grow i was considering not doing anything except letting them just grow naturally. Glad i decided to train.

1 Like

I am worried that as the plant grows it may grow into the ziptie itself…i would really b worri3d if i were using copper wire.
Thats funny what u said about the twist ties. I do the same thing…i pick up every one i see…lol. i did strip all the leaves off like u suggested grayson and have been picking em off here and there daily damn near every time i open the tent. They grow back fast. Im hoping the zip ties spreadin the plant out a little will help so i dont have to keep on pickn leaves like that. I just thought of that ystrday. Thanx again for the encourgement qnd info…ill post a couple more pics of em in a few weeks. I kinda wish i woulda let em veg a little longer now but i was gettn impatient…live and learn i suppose.

1 Like

i would think medical tape would probbly work best to mend a broken branch or stalk…little more pliable to allow for growth and its breathable…or maybe even electric tape would work good

Medical tape, electrical tape, Teflon tape, or even plant Velcro. Honestly plant Velcro is the right answer. I used a bunch on a couple plants and had zero problems.

Glad to hear the defoliation went well. And yeah absolutely they grow back way fast. Don’t worry about the longer veg time - it’ll still grow nice an’ big.

It’s rubber coated not bare wire! LOL!
Haven’t had any issues and I’ve had several plants held down the entire grow cycle!
Weed is incredibly resilient!
People do all kinds of stuff to them that they live through just fine!
Snapping branches in half, drving nails or pins through stalks - all kinds of shit!
LST with rubber-coated copper wire is like NOTHING to these things!
I’m honestly more worried about the bread ties since it’s a much smaller wire and can easily cut through a stem under too much pressure.
I just use them mainly for a loose tie like if I’m trying to center a stem in a trellis square and just need a little nudge.

1 Like

Nice thing about the rubber coated copper wire is that you can bend it and twist it like a twist tie but it has more “protection” tbh though i’d use anything i can find around the house. I’d use shoe laces if i had to lol

2 Likes

Here’s my list:
Binder clips
Kitchen twine
Velcro
Duct tape
Packing tape
Twist ties
Rubber bands
LST clips
Copper wire
Paper clips
Plant yo-yos
Zip ties

I think that sums it up. Literally anything that was nearby :joy:

2 Likes

How far should I place my lights from the plants?

What light and how old is the plant(s)?