2 months still nothing going something wrong!

Dont need a tent

1 Like

Also not needed…check out primus’s first grow…clost grow no special equipment

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag Community has got you covered. My first thoughts looking at the picture plant With big yellow fan leafs, an showing no signs of nute burn is consuming itself. (Hungry) I would Feed some veg nutes. With a mixture of Miracle Grow soil and fill dirt could be a little tricky definitely need to catch a run off and check your ppm an pH.
Good luck

6 Likes

All right, here are my 2 cents after reading all of the threads (Including the other thread you posted about the same thing… and please stop doing that btw). @PotSmoke you are telling us some different things from what I am seeing. Maybe this is an old pic you posted but here is what I SEE.

PLANT 1 - Does not look like it has drainage. If so it would be draining onto your hardwood floor. It also has much lighter soil… did you mix it in with dirt from your yard?

PLANT 2 - Same as #1. And I do not see holes drilled into this bucket either.

PLANT 3 - I see you have something under it to catch the runoff water but it doesn’t look like you are watering it very much otherwise the soil would be wet from edge to edge. Also, like @imSICKkid said, she’s hungry. See Chart Below (Mobile vs Immobile Nutrients)

PLANT 4 - I don’t see drill holes, it looks like there is some regular garden soil mixed in with the Miracle Grow, it is not being watered enough (should be watered edge to edge and you should be getting at least 10-15% runoff which I doubt is happening because the tray you have under it will never hold that much). It appears to be hungry for nutrients (Mobile, ie: Nitrogen)

PLANT 5 - That soil just looks like regular garden soil to me AND is not draining. There are no holes and if there were they would drain right onto your floor. Older growth is what is yellowing so again Mobile (Nitrogen)

Plant 6 - Looks good but still don’t see holes drilled in the pot (need holes on bottom AND Sides)

PLANT 7 - No holes, no draining, hungry

PLANT 8 - Dirt is dry and also looks like its got garden soil mixed in there.

PLANT 9 - Looks good

Plant 10 - WAY too big for that Solo Cup! Transplant into it’s forvever home now.

PLANT 10 - Looks like garden soil mixed in and I would transplant if I were you now so they can get some good drainage.

PLANTS 11 and 12 - Look good but transplant now.

Now my advice (for what it’s worth). ALL pots need to have proper drainage and that includes draining hold on the SIDES of the pots to allow oxygen to get to the roots. If you cannot afford cloth pots, please just make sure they have good drainage. You should have the pots sitting OFF of the container in which they drain or they are still not draining even if you have holes - cannabis does not like wet feet (roots). See the attached list of "Mobile vs Immobile Nutrients’ and how to decide which one you are deficient in.

So here is your homework grasshopper :wink:

#1 - Get you ladies into their forever homes now. If you need more soil, please get something besides miracle grow. Putting them all in the same soil will be so much easier on you in the long run. If you Most nurseries (except a lot of big box) and all Hydroponic Stores have a cannabis friendly soil… Fox Farms, Recipe 420, etc…) With the same soil, it will be easier for you to identify issues and tweak nutrients in one batch instead of trying to give each plant something different (for the most part…)

#3 Your new pots need to either be cloth or have very small holes drilled in both bottoms and sides, if you make the holes too big it will dry out faster so more smaller holes are better.

#3 Put each pot into a drainage container and keep the pot off of the bottom of the drainage container - A cheap and easy way is go to a thrift store and pick up small cooling racks in the kitchen area (the kind you put cookies on to cool).

#4 Do NOT let your ph’d water sit… only make enough for a day’s worth of watering. Also only Ph AFTER you add any nutrients.

#5 Do not let your leaves get wet while the lights are on.

#6 Get yourself some good cannabis nutrients (A lot of people use the Fox Farms Trio but there are a lot of great ones out there).

#7 pick up a TDS/ec meter pen and if you do, tag myself or @Myfriendis410 @imSICKkid @Holmes @Davyg and one of us can help you know what you are looking for by using it.

#8 Only water when the pot feels light or the soil is dry up to your second knuckle. Ideally if you water to about 15% runoff, you can then also measure your TDS/ec out with your TDS/ec meter pen.

Good luck

1182bf5d5412d7db8a5279310fe3cd8b8107820f_1_375x500

21 Likes

Well done: excellent post.

10 Likes

Dang now there’s an answer. Nailed it @Caligurl you definitely nailed it :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you so much I am very new to indoor grows I will be getting new dirt and runoff trays. I have seen the 3 bottles kit for nuts I will try to start with that

5 Likes

And have fun. They are plants. Treat every problem as a learning experience. Smile smoke and keep trying

4 Likes

Do u mean me or PotSmoke

6 Likes

I have a 3 pens 1 is for ph and the other 2 are for tds I can not calibrate them so I can’t use them just yet. I also have a digital Hannah meter it was expensive,it has long wire with probe reads ph and PPM,degrees. Can not calibrate them yet

3 Likes

This plant look a hole lot better with 9-4-9

This is taken dec 27

Thank you for the very helpful info that really helped with the whole chart and goes in detail!!

You guys are a strong support team

6 Likes

5 Likes

How do u get colas like that?

1 Like

This is my setup! What would I need for the calibration of those ph/tds meter, there is no hydroponic stores her just the basic.

Almost 3 days since I gave her noots looking a whole lot better.

3 Likes

@
@dbrn32
@imSICKkid
@Holmes

I have a good all in one meter but does the probe go bad, should I buy a new probe or does that not mater
Hanna meter

Not familiar with them, sorry

Have you tried testing it in Distilled or ro water? If it seems to work buy some Calibration fluid. Bulb will go bad after a while on pens, not sure about yours!

1 Like

Yes, your probe will go bad especially if it has not been stored properly - if it has the glass electrode, that electrode needs to be stored in plain water or a storage solution. If it hasn’t been stored that way, soak it in plain water for at least 48 hours before trying to use it. There are pH calibration solutions and there are EC/TDS calibration solutions. The pen must be rinsed thoroughly in between the two calibrations. you can order them online. like @Holmes said, test it in distilled or RO water before you go buy a new pen.

2 Likes

what Is the ph of distilled water?

This probe was never stored in nothing got it from someone

1 Like