1st Time Grower 1st Grow

Strain and seed type: Chronic Widow (x2), California Dream (x2), Gold Leaf (x2)
Medium (soil, hydroponic, etc.): Nectar soil #4 & #2
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir:5.8 1st water of germination
Strength of nutrient mix, EC, or TDS: N/A
Indoor or outdoor: Indoor
Light system, size: MARS HYDRO TS 1000W (x2), Phlizon Newest 1200W LED (x1)
Temperatures day, night: 68/70, 70/75
Humidity day, night: 47/53
Ventilation system (yes/no, size):no (help)
AC, humidifier, de-humidifier: AC & or De-humidifier
CO2 (yes/no): I want help finding best possible solution for my DIY
Grow Tent Size: 4ftx5ftx6ft converted into 2 sections of 2x5x6 with plans of another false wall for two 2x4 spaces
I just put seeds in soil 3 AM Thursday 10/15/2020 wanting a few people who are experienced in helping new growers solve mistakes and prevent big ones because those are my M.O.

3 Likes

I like to shoot for a ph of 6.3-6.5 with 6.4 being the sweet spot.

1 Like

Thatā€™s much appreciated thanks! Have you ever heard of Deja Blue drinking water? Was given 4 cases of 15 1L bottles free at the beginning of summer and turns out Iā€™d need em all now haha. Ph of 6.28 out of the bottle.

1 Like

10/15/2020 Germination
Approx. 3am: Planted seeds directly in #4 Nectar Soil and watered until runoff. Did not cover for 1st night. Did not leave under light first night. Tested run off and was 5.8.
10/15/2020 Germination
Approx. 10 pm: Watered a bit more to keep moist and had some run off. No ph test Covered solo cup lids with cardboard box (not air tight but figured better than nothing)
10/17/2020 Germination
Approx. 10 pm: Soil still moist, no water. covered each solo cup with aluminum foil and placed under small weak desktop led and on top of a raised platform (same cardboard box) over vent to furnace. With furnace set to 72 degrees in house the box temp doesnā€™t reach over 80 degrees. Nervous.

**Tips and Guidance from experiences would be helpful in anyway. Still grasping on to that skill some people like to call ā€œpatienceā€.

2 Likes

Deja Blue bottle water should be fine for now. As the plants grow I could see it getting very expensive buying case after case of water. We are on a privet well. No heavy metals, bacteria, ect. and a ph of roughly 7. We get it tested every year. Although we have very clean water I still like to aerate the water for 24hrs minimum before feeding. (24-48hrs if we are brewing a tea). This dose not only allow untraceable bacteria to be cleared from the water but it also introduces a large amount of oxygen as well. The roots love it! Think of the churning water of a fast moving river. The white water contains a large amount of extra oxygen witch in return is naturally cleansing mother natures water source. In results forming a healthy, natural, clean water source. Once I feel the water is at itā€™s cleanest we adjust the PH to between 6.3-6.4. The PH is always adjusted ā€˜afterā€™ additives are added to the water such as fish and crab meal, molasses ect.
Sorry for the long rant, I simply love the natural wonders of the world. Plants are amazing! 100% organic is always the bread winner in my book :wink:

2 Likes

No need for an apology, I love learning new things; especially when they directly corelate to the subject in which Iā€™m most engaged in. Are you saying the aeration process takes 24 hours of ā€œchurningā€ to complete or doing it 24 hours before watering. Apologies from my end now because I am a very minimally educated beginner.

That sounds like a lot of water. Seeds require dark and moist, not wet, for germination. Seedlings require very little water. You can dome them and mist the inside of the dome. That will be all the water they require for a few days - week. Over-watering has gotta be the number one killer of young plants. Good luck!

2 Likes

I agree with @Eagles009 on this. Just make sure the soil is moist. :wink:
Clean water= good
Over water= bad

1 Like

@lilb98 I fill up the reservoir with water than aerate for at least 24hrs before we do any feeding. Kinda as an extra safety measure. If we are brewing teas I mix up our mixture, aerate for 24-48hrs, adjust the ph, than feed.
I have found over the past 8+ years that the ā€˜dumbest questionā€™ is the one I didnā€™t ask. No point intended my friend :wink:
Happy growingā€¦

1 Like

I think I was a little lean on the sleepy side not really thinking too clearly at 3 am I guess. Thought I seen to water til runoff during germination during one of my last research sweeps before planting but I thought the same thing about it being too much water to myself last night. Would you recommend attempting to dry soil better by putting under the 1200 W Phlizon

2 Likes

I donā€™t know that it will do much but it couldnā€™t hurt.

2 Likes

believe they are goners already then?

No, not at all. Just throwing some advice out there based on what I read.

2 Likes

Iā€™d donate a fair share to every piece of great advice I could. I need all the help I can get. When I say beginner, cut that in half and then again. maybe even a square root. :wink:

3 Likes

Does anyone use wiggle worm worm castings?

1 Like

Mann, I started my first grow in July and I canā€™t believe how much I didnā€™t know when I started. Still much to learn as well. They are hardy. Get em above ground and let em do their thing. Easy on the water, donā€™t feed to much or too early. Easier to add water / food then take it out.

2 Likes

Great, Iā€™d love to have some fresh ideas, tips, tricks, hints, or really whatever kind of information you can give to help me not mess this up. Although Iā€™m a decent research hand, I tend to overlook small yet key parts in stuff I get overly passionate about.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about all Iā€™ve got on the mind. Iā€™ll follow along and chime in when I see something Iā€™ve already done :joy: and can advise on

2 Likes

oh and Iā€™m all for the * DO NOT * list if you have one. Like I said fairly knowledgeable, but even more clumsy with that information.

1 Like

Basically donā€™t give more of anything than they need would be the best thing I can say. Easier said than done. I had a plant go toxic from too much nutes, cost me half my yield on that plant (estimate). Iā€™ve had underfed plants. I just fed them more. No repercussions. Had plants stall for a week from too much water, same for too much light. Always easier to add. Had them wilt from too little and stretch from too little. Both easy fixes. Water / lower light. Water when almost dry. Use pot weight for this. Learn what saturated feels like. Learn what it feels like right before they wilt. A day before they wilt, etc.

2 Likes