1st ILGM grow - Superskunk(fem)

Is that CFL a Y with 2 bulbs or 3? I want to switch to CFL for seedlings. LED is just too much for them at that stage.

Itā€™s a double. It was perfect for 2 seedlings side by side, but I actually think one is better for one sprout. Maybe add the second after she gets a true leaf.

1 Like

But the little fan was fine with the CFLā€™s, so Iā€™m good for now. Theyā€™ll be domed with the door open for a bit anyway. Now that I have pistols popping, I may drop a seed and get started. It took me a few attempts to get a viable one this grow, but Iā€™m still hoping that was jiffy-pellets and whatever else I was doing wrong.

Since my tent didnā€™t show up until about 6pm, I went ahead and made a pot of coffee and smoked a fatty to get the creative juices flowing.

My other toy was a 5-pack of these for a curing container. I just did a test run on a bucket lid, but Iā€™m thinking larger scale instead of a bunch of jars. Have a big airtight container and stack racks in it. Like those stackable baking racks.

Just drilled a 1 1/2" hole and popped them in.

I tossed all 5 in a c-vault with a Boveda pack, and after a few hours they were all within 2 degrees of each other, and close enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BLY177S?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

If youā€™re going to use buckets (good idea by the way) you might want to invest in one of these tools for opening them if you plan on burping them regularly.

I think it came from Amazon if I remember correct but itā€™ll save your fingers and the scraped knuckles that inevitably come from prying lids off.

1 Like

Dude! Curing your entire grow in an airtight Samsonite suitcase LOL How ā€˜hide in plain sightā€™ would that be?

2 Likes

Got one with my survival meals LOL. I want to use a better container with easier access. But the meals did come in a square bucket though, and it was black too. Hmmm.

1 Like

And Iā€™m only thinking about the curing process. I have all the space I need. I think something air-tight like a c-vault, light-proof, but big enough to have my ginormous buds laying on racks rather than jammed in a jarā€¦

Scatter a mess of Boveda packs on the floor.

I had been thinking about needing jars. Then someone else mentioned spaghetti sauce jars thatā€™ll get me a couple before I need them but Iā€™ll hopefully need more than a few lol. Iā€™ve still got a few months to go just trying to have all my ducks in a row before I get to that point. I do have several food grade buckets with air tight seals already though so thatā€™ll be my backup plan.

1 Like

I just think that having everything on racks to prevent mold, even if itā€™s layered pretty full on each tray, would still be better than in a c-vault or jar, until they are cured. Not talking long term storage.

Iā€™ll invest in some big fat C-vaults enough to hold my harvest once I know how big it is.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m planning to use my grow room to get the initial drying done. Then comes figuring out where to do the cure. My wife hates the smell so Iā€™ll need to do all burping in the grow room with filter running. But with my setup itā€™ll be dark(er) in the front area if my plan works. Iā€™ve got about 2.5 feet to work in and store extra stuff so that I can keep the door closed at all times. I was thinking of building a frame kind of like a bifold door but with mylar on it to keep the light from spilling out into the non grow area. But still be able to fold it away when Iā€™m working on the plants. Hopefully that made sense not just gibberish lol.

1 Like

What really got me thinking about this was watching high times videos of professional grows. They donā€™t jam stuff in a jar! The have a whole room for curing LOL

1 Like

Yeah that would be nice to have a big enough harvest to actually need that much room lol.

I would love to check out that high times link about micro brew you mentioned. care to share it? your grow is looking perfect btw! your going for the perpetual grow option arenā€™t you?

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking a 5-gallon bucketful wouldnā€™t be too bad :roll_eyes: LOL

But specifically for curing, a mini-fridge size box, with pull out trays (like a dehydrator. I could even use dehydrator trays), air-tight, light proof, etc. It just seems like it would be best. Anyone on here feel free to talk me down off the ledge.

Imagine if ā€˜burpingā€™ your whole grow was as easy as opening a fridge door and fanning it a few times?

Mini-fridge at a yardsale, hmmmm

1 Like

Using a vaccum sealer you can cure in 7 days! I just ordered one today. You can either vaccum the jars themselves or pop out the rubber seals and place the jar in a vaccum sealed bag. Open and burn once a day for 10 or 15min then vaccum seal again. Do this 7 days then after the 7th burp, place boveda pack in jar and seal for long term or just start smoking.

1 Like

Quicker is not always better, but since Iā€™ll have pounds Iā€™ll definitely try that with a jar-ful. By the time I smoke a quart jar of primo, I think the rest will have cured naturally.

I have a vacuum sealer too, and one of those contraptions you put over a mason jar lid to seal it.They work well, and I would trust that over the jar-in-a-bag. Also, youā€™ll go through a lot of bags if you have to open them seven times.

2 Likes

Oh, and if you use the edge of a pair of scissors (Iā€™ve tried many things) and work it up the jar threads to the right spot, you can break the seal on the lids without damaging them. But if you do, a box of jar lids is still a tenth the cost of a box of vacuum bags.

1 Like

I understand quicker is not always better. you can continue the process for as long as you like and buds will continue to get better. Just read about this method on this forum. I was surprised at how a couple of the moderators started using this method. They mentioned by the 7th day their product was just as skunky as a month long cure! Anyway, once I learned this, I sprung for a food saver! Lol. Iā€™ll let you know how it turns out.

1 Like

I do have a few dozen quart jars though, and some c-vaults, so storage isnā€™t my issue. Just looking for an efficient way to do stuff.