1st grow! Thought and suggestions

@dbrn32 the price is 1200 actual draw is 720 watts and covers a 6x6 veg with a 4x4 flowering

@Nicky I looked at my local shop they don’t have any kingbrites

You need not really pay attention to that, they give you total radiometric flux. It was like 1200 umols/s. There are lights available cheaper for more light. Im pretty sure hlg-600 is over 1500 umols/s and you can usually pick them up under $800 with code. Hlg-650r is more and less than $1200. Growers choice roi the same, and probably at least a few others.

2 Likes

i have a 650r i wouldnt grow 12 plants with it. i had 9 plants and still used 2 more lights. i havent figured out all the numbers for growing but i had to constantly move plants around so they could get more light.

3 Likes

I need one light or two that will be strong enough for 12 plants in a 4x4 @dbrn32 @Nicky @pptrsha1

2 Likes

you need adequate light for space. Doesn’t matter if you have 1 plant or 30 plants, 1 fixture or 4 fixtures. Amount of plants you run would then just be dependent on how big the plants are.

2 Likes

So what is the adequate light for a 4x4 space? @dbrn32

1200 umols/s

2 Likes

i am just learning too.

So 2 600 watt lights? Not sure I know what the letters stand for after the 13200 @dbrn32

Radiometric light energy is measured in umols/s. The amount of power consumed or model number of light isn’t usually relevant because the radiometric efficacy of every light is different. One light may get there with 450 watts but it may take 1000 watts from another light.

In short, look for lights that actually give you the total radiometric flux or PPF.

4 Likes

So how does everything look?

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @

@Nicky just took em today

1 Like

Looks good!

1 Like

How much longer you think they got left? @dbrn32

1 Like

Too long to already be antsy lol. Keep them green for now and you’ll be in good shape though, looks like good pistil development.

4 Likes

Just making sure they look good I already know they going to take a little longer due to rookie mistakes

1 Like

Yeah they are looking good but still young

1 Like

I’m jumping in thinking what @Ston3rbby wants / needs to hear is four to six weeks. :grin::wink::sunglasses: