1st grow! Thought and suggestions

FIRST GROW! hello everyone this is my first grow I’ve done a lot of reading watching and asking questions! I here are my specs and pictures to see if everything looks well or if anyone has suggestions thanks a lot!!

Vivosun tent: 60x48x80
Bloomspect 600w LED
Mother Earth coco
Red solo cups
5 gallon fabric pots
Temperature ranges from 73-78 degrees
Humidity was 85%-75%
Using do farm grow big and do farm big bloom

6 Likes

So it’s a 4x5 tent
You have a 132w true power light

How many plants do you plan to grow?
That light will grow 1 plant.

Are you venting your exhausted air outside of your house? If not your going to need to be once plants are 4 or 5 weeks old.
Do you have a duct fan? Is it hooked up to a controller to monitor temp? If not you want this get one from inkbird.

You want lighting that has 301b or 301h Samsung chips in 3500k ideally but 3000k will work as well.
I suggest kingbrite lights they are the best bang for your buck.
Spider farmers are more expensive Chinese knock offs but grow fine just cost more and are a tad bit less efficient.
HLG is the king but they cost alot, although you get amazing warranty and customer service they are Chinese made USA design company.

Do you have a feed chart for that nutrient line? Post a picture of it so we can guide you going forward.
Mix your coco with 50% perlite, straight coco is not ideal. Although your current growing plant seems like it has a good mix of perlite.

Do you have fans for the inside of the tent? You’ll need 4 one for each pole, also get some pipe insulation from your local hardware store and put it on the poles then Zap strap it in place this allows the clip fans to attach to the poles and not fall on your plants destroying them in the middle of the night.
Don’t get 6" clip fans they suck get 8"

5 Likes

So the coco mix I have going is 70 30

3 Likes

Okay Right now dig up your plants and fill your pots up, your pots are half empty why did you do that?

Re plant them in full pots. Durring this time adjust your perlite mix to 50/50. Do it asap cuz that tap roots gonna grow down so keep that in mind when you dig them up, dig down as deep as you can. These are auto seeds or photos I hope they are photos as to not worry to stunt them.

Then move your little fans to where they are giving your plants a constant little shake this will make them strong and build bigger stems/roots.

Also hook up your duct fan (not a huge issue right now because they are so small as long as you can keep Temps under control.)
Order a inkbird temp controller for your duct fan.
Run your lights on 18/6 and your light abiut 20" from the tops of the plants.
Your gonna need more lighting within a week or two.

3 Likes

These are white widow auto flowers they germinated the 10th of October and I did that because someone told me five gal is a little much so try to do 3 gallons! I’ll transplant them and get a bigger light what do you think of 3000 watt king plus light?

3 Likes

Also do you think it’s too late since they are almost to half their life cycle or is their hope for my girls!

I have to agree my first grow I got contradicting advice 5 or 3 gallon or plastic or fabric. I finally did it all but the 3 gallon were bigger than the 5. Suppose the 5 spent too much energy on roots and not enough on growth.

2 Likes

My plants all grow in 5 gallon fabric pots, but I only fill 75 percent. They did better than when I filled all the way.
I always wash away the soil from roots after harvest to get an idea of the system because I’m trying to learn as much as possible about the plant. I found that even in the 75% full pots, that the root system only used about half the soil. Im still a beginner but I am tryin to learn

5 Likes

Okay they are autos… Well then do this.
Roll the side down on the pots so that the dirt is at the top of the pot.
Also disregard my light advice since they autos.
Run your light 20hr on 4hr off at 20"

The rest of my advice still stands.

2 Likes

Ps to those above saying run 3 gallon pots for autos I think e gallons work good don’t get me wrong but when you can master your grow a 5 gallon can totally be filled with all roots I grow all my autos in 5 gallons and the roots are 100% full in the pot by the end.
Just as I was tweaking my grow this was the last plant I was ever able to pull out and show the root system, now I can’t remove the medium from the pot I have to hack it all up but as you can see the roots on the bottom of the pot.

7 Likes

Trying to get there @Nicky lol. But temp issue AC going out, power losses, scares that causes me to move my grow room (illegal state) been a struggle but as long as I keep getting enough to last til next harvest which is every month now I’m good.

2 Likes

Your getting there, I see your on here alot so I’m sure your sucking up alot of knowledge most things I see you say I think are spot on :ok_hand:.

I’ll admit I have yet to grow in a 3 gallon but I’m doing it this round with a spare one sooo we will see my goal is for it to control the plant a bit but we will see lol

3 Likes

I did start my first 2 photos super skunk kush so might be pulling the 5 gallons back out.

1 Like

Hey I’m just starting too. Took in a lot of great advice first and I’ll be the 1st to tell you I don’t know sh*t yet but this: you have to have the right amount/type of of light to match BOTH your number of plants and growing space, and I think you’re way short.

But don’t give up, you’ve invested enough just keep figuring out how to make it work.

4 Likes

Yes I think I’m going to get a 3000watt led light

1 Like

Look at the actual wattage the lights pull…

3 Likes

Yeah it’s listed as actual wattage or draw.

1 Like

Yeah I grow all my Autos in 5 gallon fabric pots. I usually have to lay the pot down on its side an stand on it and roll it around to get the root ball out.

1 Like

Don’t buy that light, anything claiming to be a 3000w light is a bad light.
Ask some of us on here before you make any purchases

@kellydans yeah I smash mine on the ground sideways a couple times Lol

4 Likes