18 days old very slow growth should i toss?

I tried these instead of wire, the soft covering is great and easy to secure around the stem w/o damage. I’ve also coiled two together to support the fat buds. :crazy_face:
Lost in the Sixties.

3 Likes

Local cigar-vape shop has pipe cleaners, regular size or long.
Dollar store or Walley World has art fuzzy things, in colors.
easy and fast connect or rip off.
NO KNOTTS. latest grow bags have perinstalled eyelet rings for training ties.
currently, i have been “branch harvesting” one at a time. the wraps instantly can be used to hang small branches in my dry box.

Yeah, I thought about pipe cleaners…then someone on here mentioned it was a PITA getting the little fuzzies off your bud! And the roll of wire was prolly cheaper and more versatile that pipe cleaners, can cut it to length long or short.

1 Like

I wet trim small branches connecting thru stem area before full buds.
Hang a few days and remove stems from buds and jar.
Dry and test smoke. Press the remainder after seed harvest.
Plan to oven cook a jar of pressed.
Pipe cleaners used to clean the Dart one-hittter, often.
Used tips trimmed before reuse.

1 Like

Im finally getting to see what a fim does :raised_hands: i feel like that happened really quick :sweat_smile: this is on my blackberry lady… i moved the fan a smidge closer to her cause her stems still look really weak… hoping to strengthen them before flower. She also grew in crooked so some stems are growing in from under the dirt should i trim those? Man i need a cloning tent :cry:

@VirginiaGrowBoy @Storm @PurpNGold74

Any suggestions? I flipped to 12/12 2 days ago…

4 Likes

Also have a new hack when i get water on the leaves (im really bad about that for some reason) i place a papertowel over the area for about 30 minutes and then all the water is gone :raised_hands: i kept trying to spot dry but would miss areas and then the leaves would get ugly :cry: this is working really well!

2 Likes

Looks solid. 4 nice fat colas.

2 Likes

Gdp auto is looking so frosty! Check her out :heart_eyes: still have weeks to go on flower i think i want her around 50% amber for sleep.

3 Likes

I think i messed up with the dry :confused: i used a wedryer starting thursday and have been flipping them 2x a day so they dont get flat… they feel REALLY dry so i trimmed the stems and put them in a grove bag and it wont get above 46% rh 2 hours later :see_no_evil: do i need to wait 12 hours to see what rh is then or should i go ahead and add some fresh leaves now to increase rh? Stems were dryish and would break with some play.

Wedryer was in room thats 70 degrees and 50-52% rh

@VirginiaGrowBoy @Storm @PurpNGold74 @Borderryan22

2 Likes

Do the stems snap? Kinda brittle? If so, you can try putting a leaf or two if you have any, or a tiny piece of orange peel. Even like a 1/2"x1/2" piece of moist paper towel. Wait a few more hours, though, and see where your numbers go. If you do have to kind of reconstitute the humidity, just be sure what ever piece of damp something or another you use is small and squeezed dry. It takes very little moisture to get some back to the buds.

2 Likes

Yea they’re brittle but takes 2 bends to break the stem into 2 pieces. It snaps when bent just once but still connected with some of the fibers… here is a pic of stem after one bend.

2 Likes

The buds feel really crunchy for lack of a better word, is that normal at this stage? @Borderryan22

Let it sit in the bag for 2 or 3 more hours and see if it goes up. If not, may have to add a little damp piece of something.

1 Like

The outside has a lot less moisture than the inside. Part of the curing stage for the buds is that bit of extra moisture distributing throughout. So the outside will feel a little crispy. Plus if there still some dry leafy material left it will be really crispy as well.

1 Like

As long as they aren’t crumbling then they should be okay.

1 Like

Thanks i did a wet trim but it was my first time so definitely still some leafy material… ill ket them rest for a few more hours and reevaluate! Appreciate you!

3 Likes

My pleasure! I normally do a partial wet trim where I take the fan leaves and some of the leaves off the buds. I chopped down 3 in the last 2 weeks. Been really dry and my humidifier crapped out so I just hung whole large branches for 6 days. Then trimmed I did my rough trim, snipped the buds from the large stems, and put them into a small, sealed “sweat box” for 2 days. The box helps slow the dry down and distribute the moisture before the cure. After that, final trim, weigh and bag. I don’t even use hygrometers. I have one in my tent, but if I over/under dry after harvest, it’s not too hard to adjust it in just a few hours.

2 Likes

Last question for the day… do buds gain weight during the cure since hummidity is being added back? Looks like I have 2.5 oz was wondering if I’ll see a change with that number. hopefully it doesnt decrease any… im so excited if my first grow is 2.5 oz :raised_hands: I know my future grows will only go up from here! :grinning:

2 Likes

Lol I wish. After drying and once curing there may be the very slightest variation, but nothing worth noting.

2 Likes

Found a seed on GDP auto :cry: still havent found any nanners though :woman_shrugging:t3: gonna do some more research on namners and herms :woozy_face:

2 Likes