18 days old very slow growth should i toss?

And rain later, maybe tomorrow! Ya, our weather sucks this year, crappy spring, scrappy summer, only got hot a few weeks ago. I don’t think my 2 outdoor photos will make it to harvest this year without rot, they haven’t even shown me much yet, just a coupe of small hails on one of them. They will drown before the end of October!
@DEEPDIVERDAVE did you get any going outside this year? I don’t think @noddykitty1 did due to the late start. Next year it’s autos only for outside! Unless it’s just to keep a photo going to clone it later in the summer.

A work in progress. I have 40 sq ft of unviewed grow available here in town.
The goal was to learn how my environment needs managing for future grows.
Not my first rodeo, but yes, my first since the nickle phones left Louisiana.
New LED’s and associated hardware vice flashlights and light bulbs.
I burned enough garden flowers while living in the Cajun Crawfish Capitol to fear summer in my indoor. Electrically I can lights or cool, not both. Then the surgical lottery hit. 4 surgeries since Feb and 7 in 2 year. Fickle Finger of Fate is testing me and i am holding my breath. Back to your original question
Outdoors grow area needs tree trim above, good news, my tree, bad news, pieces will require removal from neighbors yard. Yes New Neighbors, but yard no longer connected and a block transition required because fence hopping is out and gate nailed shut to hold up fence.
Seedlings place outdoors 4-1 YUP forum was right. Planting calendar violation x5.
Vege plants placed outdoor in the duration dooing well, given their location and some not successful or happy trim evolutions. There are four x4 feet in height the remaining plants of which are two grounded and two 10 gal baggers. 3 were the stepped upon ladies and they gave up their space for other. two or three are severly mis-shapen and forum reading provids clues. However, outdoor success is what it showed me about growing my grow. MY Clones from the White Widow purchased clones look great.
My ILGM seeded female outdoors has provided 3 clones that have survived, i think. The best is my SUPER CLONE attempt, cut 7-1 and we be cloning. She does not like being outdoors, or in either tent for very long. But SHE LIVES. The picture is as she was leaving a tent and was exhauseted. Somebody has small roots, but they are beautiful. More later, Jack calling me.

I went outside to mow, but the mailperson arrived.
Two drops of water hit me, so no mow today.

1 Like

I have not heard from @nolsmith since his family disney trip (MAY) which would have killd any grow unattended.

1 Like

Probably hit that violation countless times before forum introduction.
Definitely going to adjust grow seed management for photo summers and auto winters. I like 18 hours on lights time, as I am a resident gazer.

Pulled siamese to put in darkness for 48 hours to hopefully increase potency :raised_hands:

Tent looks so empty without her even though they definitely needed the space.

Gdp auto buds are filling in nicely she is a smaller plant for sure and started flower at 3 weeks but she looks fabulous and hasnt been asking for anything extra nutes are being fed at 1/3 recommended. If you zoom in on her sugar leaves, shes going to be frosty! :heart_eyes:

Bbk photo has picked up pace and filled in nicely im pretty sure shes ready for flip

And then there’s the beast GL photo shes been ready for a flip for awhile now! Multiple fim and tops and a super crop a few days ago… super excited to flip the girls this weekend :raised_hands: she did seem stressed from super crop and a few of her leaves turned yellow so i removed them.

Any suggestions before flip im guessing i need to defoliate gl at least?

@VirginiaGrowBoy @Storm @Borderryan22

Btw has anyone heard from @PurpNGold74 i miss his comments and advice on my grow… hope he doing well :cry:

5 Likes

My vote. Then wait 7-10 days, and flip.
Remember flip will be less hours of lights on and maybe slower growth w/or w-out pre-flower spurt.
Weather forcast for 2weeks? Hotter temps with less lights during day reduces tent temps.

1 Like

I think its all looking good! May wanna back off the nitrogen juuuuust a tad on the GDP Auto. Darker, waxy appearing leaves are a sign of excess. Not too much to panic. If you want them about the same height as the auto, let them veg for a few more days. Or try a week at 14/10. This will help signal to them that it’s about that time. Then when you go to 12/12, they really take off. One of mine was full on flowering when I flipped and went from 14 to 30" in less than 2 weeks.

1 Like

Thank you @Borderryan22! Should i skip grow big next time and just feed big bloom and buds & bloom? I have her raised since shes so small and shes in flower and the other girls were covering her bud sites up… i have her in the back corner and the light is more focused in the front of the tent (not directly in the middle of tent) she hasnt shown any issues with light setup to my knowledge and her buds have noticeably increased in size since i raised her (i just raised her a few days ago)…

Here is a close up of her leaves i will back off nitrogen asap she is barely fed as she is but im guessing because she is smaller she probably doesnt need as many nutes?

2 Likes

Its really minor. I wouldnt say skip it, maybe go 1/4 strength less than what you’re giving. It doesn’t look bad, they just prefer less nitrogen in flower and more potassium and phosphorus. I’m not a fan of liquid nutes anymore, but having said that, it’s also why i use Jack’s. I don’t like schedules and jacks is the same amount of each part every time. It’s especially wasier with autos since they don’t have a set schedule either. I wouldnt worry too much about yours. Easy fix.

2 Likes

Im trimming yay! First cola was 48 grams wet after trim how did I do on trim?

5 Likes

Im alive and well. Just been crazy busy. How are things around here? :eyes:

Congrats on the harvest! That trim looks good

4 Likes

Im glad you’re doing well @PurpNGold74 i started to get a little worried about my gulf coast buddy! I just finshed wet trim and its 330 grams with the stems :raised_hands: how much weight does it usually lose when dried? 50%? Should i cut the big stems because of hummidty? Inside my house it stays around 50-52% and i have a wedryer now cause i was getting overwhelmed with how to dry her properly!

I bought a trim tray with a screen do i literally just rub the sugar leaves on the screen?

Do you think ill hit 4 oz dry? :scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

About 75% typically if im remembwring right. Havent had a harvest in a bit

Thanks for checkin on me. I saw u mention my hiatus a couple times lol. Nice to be missed

5 Likes

I am using kitchen equipment to screen and recover seeds for the Great Hermi Invasion of '22.
Tripple screened material being fed into the press device. Ultimately, rounds of compressd will see the oven and become available for personal eating experience.
Simultanously, i am trying to learn “cure” method beyond cut today, dry with MetalHalide and smoke (1984)

2 Likes

YouTube has some videos that will cover.
Forum posting subscribe to 2-prong device.
Oldies, Judge Roy Bean, TEXAS. believe Hangem High
Multiple RH sensors support better decision making.

2 Likes

@DEEPDIVERDAVE i read a few articles that mention wet trimming is better in high hummidty? A few also mentioned removing stems could help as well. The hummidity outside is very high but my house range is pretty steady around 50% so wasnt sure if i should remove the stems or not? Just trying to make sure i dont grow any mold… dry trimming has a lot of benefits as well to include a longer dry time which is supposed to make the buds better?

When i rubbed the trim on the screen i didnt see any kief :woman_shrugging:t3: not sure if i should dry it first?

1 Like

PNW outdoor or my grow 50-60% these days.
IDKS, I am trying to learn good cure techniques.

I cut, wet trim fan leaves and hang for 2-4 days (SMALL single 6 inches max)
Note, My cuttings are small, imature, and just for seed recovery.
Recovered 50+ so far.
Multiple pipe cleaners hang for some sweating.
Spongy bud are removed from stalks (YouTube videos)
JARS with further airing until 60-63%.
Over 65% open to air, Below 58% add a fresher bud.
Seed recovery phase almost completed.
My local jar area is a storage bin with small fan.
Sensors almost reach TV recliner.
When Humidity is too high (above 72%) I will transfer jar contents to another jar or seperate into 2 jars.
First grow in 40 years, so IDKS about curing.
I am not coughing while using the DART 1-hitter.
1970’s dime bags were rough.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: hilarious. But not…

2 Likes

Good people are always missed @PurpNGold74 .

3 Likes

I just flipped to 12/12 :scream:

1 Like