0_o Nanashi's first grow (with pics)

Yea its on a monitor and the solenoid is on the light timer

1 Like

Sleep easy then my friend

2 Likes

At what percentage (by weight or sufrace area IDC its a hypothetical soliloqy on the internet… just go with it.) is a grow room made out of duct tape?

Everything but the plastic sheeting is made of duct tape?

51% of everything is Duct tape?

The walls are made of the stuff?

Where is the line?

Have i crossed it?

Half of my house is lined in Gorilla Tape and 55 GAL contractor bags but the walls are plastic sheeting. 0_o

1 Like

The 2 co2 tents…maybe make 2 connections with a small fan in each tube to circulate air better between the 2 co2 air from 1 into the other and a fan from other into 1
Kinda like this

4 Likes

That’s what i just finished setting up actually lol

1 Like

Just got the pulleys to finish the light movers today…
need more vent to turn them on tho

0_o

Also i realized something today…and it scares me…

If all this works out…

I have to Trim this…ALONE…DUN DUN DUUUUN!!!

4 Likes

I think i have the NEW water chiller for the clone machine working.

0_o

Welcome to Nobodys 0_o chill spot

2 Likes

Yea the place is a wreck… im workin… and…very lazy

WADDA YA WANT FROM ME?

0_o

1 Like

A ballast went out and im considering a repair attempt but i dunno if im up for it with everything i have going on so i might just push it off a bit… ill see

And the Auto Ladies look thirsty … 0_o

1 Like

Man I just watched all this you have like an entire grow room I’m jealous. I’m working with a 8x8 tent until I can afford a lean on to turn into my grow room I’d have to expand my operation a bit and acquire another light. I was considering hydro but all this technical talk and constantly having to monitor them apparently has changed my mind on ever trying this lol. I’ll stick tommy foxfarm soil and nutes that I already know for now at least.

1 Like

If you do it right and follow the simple rules like…measure… 0_o Advanced Nutrients is easy

0_ o Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect… What? Why? How? When? The Rules? Worth it?

This Grow Sponsored by

0_o

1 Like

Some one visited this ideas a while ago… and the low capability for the freezer to adapt to constantly raising temps will cause it to burn out rather quick…fridges are designed to get cool and stay as cool as possible for as long as possible … without outside influence… I wouldn’t rely solely on 1 fridge I would get a back up… there 50 to 70 bucks at magnum appliance your local to me you can find em easy

That is an excellent question for me to look in to.
I did this with 2 spare junk fridges and the intention to change them out if i need to ( im just pushing for a single set of clones so a few weeks of life is plenty)

But i did find myself playing with the idea of tube lengths and the rate of btu loss of the res itself and you asking is exactly what will make me check (its literally the reason im here) sooooo here we go.

0_o

8.33 BTU

A British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a measurement of heat energy. One BTU is the amount of heat energy required to raise one pound of water by 1ºF. Water weighs 8.33 pounds per gallon so we can calculate that one gallon of water requires 8.33 BTU to raise the temperature 1ºF.Jul 3, 2012

OK so im guessing without checking that my pump is moving about 3 gal a min (ill check later)

I have about 10 gal in the res (ill check and measure for accuracy later 0_o )

so about 80 btu to drop the res 1 F (the temp controller is set for 1 F diff)

any ideas how much fluid 60 ft of 1/2 in ID tubing holds? (ill check later)

the fridge can average how many btu an hour? (ill check in a bit)

the 120 site clone machine is not insulated …yet
foam hero

I think that’s most of the factors. (i can think of)

OK i have tonight’s entertainment.

0_o

Fridge is 1.7 amp
x 110v
= 187 watt
/ 3.416 watt per btu (Apparently… according to uncle google this is the average for a fridge.)
=638.231 btu per hour (I think… im not really a maths person and im just trying to teach myself as i go and i definitly have questions…like… is this right? soooo take this with a double helping of a grain of salt.) 0_o

any-whos-its.

The British thermal unit is a unit of heat; it is defined as the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. It is also part of the United States customary units. Heat is now known to be equivalent to energy. Wikipedia

1LB of water = 1 pint
8 pints = a Gal
10 Gal in the Res = 80 pints

638.231 btu (pints chilled 1F) / 80 pints
=7.9
So i can cool this res 7.9 F per hour (if its 10 gal)

My house is maintained 76-78F so it will warm the res
(this part i have no starting guess how to check…how many btu of umm…chill 0_o per hour do i lose from the res?.. i guess i can just measure the number of Degree F it rises in an hour and see if it is under 7.9F)

I just foamed around the tank and we will see how it does tomorrow and ill check the temp and stuff

Ideally i can get the circulation pump to shut off and the fridge can get down to temp and shut off just by fine tuning everything.

I also have a large chest style deep freezer im considering lining with plastic and filling with some water and putting it on a controller to turn it off before freezing. (Idunno 38F maybe? (i think freezing it with tubes inside might slow the transfer of heat down a bit so ill keep things wet…never a bad idea 0_o))
then i can run tubing threw the water and if it cools faster than the res heats up, it will continue to cool the water in the freezer and next time the pump comes on it will drop the res temp quick and the freezer wont have to come on as often (basically using the water in the freezer as a “cold battery”

Water in the freezer is gonna freeze if not circulated constantly… and if you can manage to cycle the 2 might work… it’s just like having a fridge with leaky seal it won’t stay cool and eventually the compressor will burn out for working over time to compensate… I’m sure it will work…but how long is the wuation… maybe the deep freezer will give it the rest it needs but now your getting quite large in used space for a couple degrees cooling

@newVesuvius

If your interested in a look at what im up to

0_o

Who wants to help trim and train?

0_o

3 Likes

Very cool stuff.