Yellowing during flowering

So I am almost to 7 weeks of flowering. The past week or so I’ve seen quite a few yellowing leafs. I know this is normal for this stage of growth since they aren’t not getting as much nitrogen. My question being since I still have at least one more week to go (probably more like 2 or 3) should I maybe give my
Plants a little extra nitrogen? I have some blood meal I can put into the mix to boost the nitrogen level. My flowering nutes donhave nitrogen in them just not as much. I know that to much nitrogen during the later stage of flower isn’t a great scinerio but I want to make sure enough leafs remain to sustain the remainder of time. I rotated my plants around last night and plucked off probably 20 leafs or so that were yellowed and ready to fall off. Just don’t want to scare myself out of yield. My next watering will be this weekend and need to start adding my PK boost into the mix as well so.

4 Likes

I would. It happened to me on the last harvest but only 4 or 5 weeks into flower. Personally I think the plant should remain as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

3 Likes

I actually gave it a little bit of my Veg nutes last
Watering but didn’t really seem to help so I’ll probably
Give it a little blood meal and see what happens.

I gave mine a good shot but it took 2 weeks 2 see a marked difference. Just try to stay ahead of the demand. The other thing, have you checked the ph of your runoff? If you are outside of the optimal range then nutrient uptake suffers.

Yeah I’m right where I need to be in my runoff. Been pretty steady the entire grow once I got it dialed in. My plants have a ton of leafs so it actually
Helps my airflow when they fall off. Only a few weeks left so I’m getting antsy

7weeks into flowering and only now getting yellowing??

Chill Winston!!! the girls are fine they are getting close to there end :wink:

They look awesome if you ask me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think they look dope but if you wanna give em NE thing give em some calmag. It’s 2-0-0 so some nitrogen n Cal and mag. Might help yellowing but might just be how the strain acts when close to harvest

They e been yellowing for a few weeks. That picture doesn’t do the yellowing any justice Here is another that shows a little better. I know it’s normal just didn’t know if it made sense give them a little N.

Here’s a shot of one of mine from six days ago at about the same point. 3 weeks to go.

3 Likes

That’s normal, and using more nutrients near this point buddy its possible to use to much and leave a bad taste id ride it out by the first picture your pretty close to harvest and i wouldn’t feed any more veg nutrients as that could have a turn for the worse, if any thing else at this stage shell need more phosphorus and potassium than nitrogen

4 Likes

I’m with toker this late in the game that’s nothing to worry about when you switch from grow to bloom the Nitrogen becomes next to none existent…
With 4 weeks to go i’d say they are pretty much were they need to be imo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would listen to these guys first. I’m still fumbling around and as far as taste goes; my wife says it’s all in my mouth lol.

1 Like

I’ll continue with my bloom nutes and start adding I some PK booster. Thanks for the advice.

Well I always appreciate people opinions. So thank you.
Happy growing.

1 Like

Alrighty keep me posted my friend

Update:
I watered my plants on Sunday using just my bloom nutrients along with some PK booster, I did not add any source of nitrogen except what is in my bloom nutes. Checked them when I got home last night and looks like they yellowed a bit more. the upper leafs are also starting to yellow now. I’ll keep monitoring them for changes. I only have a week or 2 left before harvest so I don’t want anything to go wrong now.

4 Likes

Looks like the flowers are starting to bleach at the tips

1 Like

What is that a sign of? I actually raised my light up a bit last night.

a touch of heat stress maybe… the tips & edges seem to be starting to curl inwards, or straight out light bleaching… whats the temps around the TOPS of the girls? and what lights

The temp is around 72 during the day and drops down to around 67 at night. I use a 600w HPS for flowering. I had lowered the light a few days ago to do some maintenance in my tent and probably just didn’t raise it back up enough. I actually raised it up last night quite a bit so hopefully that will take care of it. I noticed a few leafs starting to curl upwards last night which is what caused me to raise the light up.
Hopefully all will be right with them when I get home tonight.

1 Like