Please place your seats in the upright position

@Alton66 The kind I used was called,

““Plant Revolution Mike O’Rizey Granular Soil Inoculant””
""Beneficial soil organism inoculant contains a diverse blend of mycorrhizal fungi “”

Kind of a pain to put in the pot. Wants you to dig holes in locations around the plant, then put a teaspoon of the inoculant in each hole, then cover em up. I did that, kinda, but decided that scattering it on the top as well couldnt hurt, so I did. It also has the trichoderma fungi too, that I read on the label, I think.
So its similar to the Recharge that you used. Just hope it works as well. Will see.

2 Likes

Hi Cyberblast!

Good morning.

Yes I’m sure it will work well. The key is to not to use water with chlorine and other additives that kill beneficial bacteria.

As I learned in growing giant tomatoes and giant pumpkins that having a massive healthy root system is the number one thing that will push your plant to greater weights and in this case greater yields.:+1::+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone!!!

Happy Columbus Day to everyone!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

The plants are looking good.

I’m for the most part dialed in at approx. 75 F with an average RH of 72 %.

Just about in the sweet spot of ideal conditions for seedlings.:+1:

8 Likes

@Alton66 hey bud, those babies are looking good. Got 4 babies of my own about the same size as that front NL. So we can have a race. :wink: See whose gets biggest. Always fun with same size startout plants. I will tag you on a grow post for them so you can look at them.

I used that root stuff and boy, looked this morning and got roots coming out of the bottom of the pots. I have them in 3 inch transpotable fiber pots. They sure grew fast. I see why you use similar stuff.
I used to grow giant pumpkins. Funny. I didnt grow them for contests or anything, just for myself and would give them to friends and family when the time came. People would be amazed at 150 and 250 pound pumkins. Didnt try for bigger really I imagine you had some giant ones. Would have liked some giant tomatoes but never could get the tamaters to grow huge. The pumpkins were easy but the tomatoes…I always had trouble with.

1 Like

Hey good morning!!!

A race…hmmmmm…deal!!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

My highest pumpkin weight was just a little under 500 pounds. 492 lbs.

My highest tomato weight was 4.47 pounds.

The key is to grow a tomato strain that will create fused blooms ( more than one bloom growing together) .
Many growers call them mega blooms.

The bloom I had that grew the 4.47 lb tomato was one with six blooms fused together.

That’s excellent to hear that you are having roots coming out of the bottom of your pots. Fantastic!!

Yes products like Re Charge are awesome!!

Let’s do that race!!!:smiley:

Sounds like fun to me.

My biggest was close to 250, pumpkin that is. Avg was about 125 to 150.
Never came close to your tomato. I am flabergasted at 4.47 pounds. I was lucky to get over a pound. Never heard of that bloom fusion, at least not that I can remember.

Yes…lets do that race. :smiley:
I will do a post as a starter and put photos of my 4 up on it, and then tag you and you can post your ladies. My 4 could be males too, so I could end up with only 1 or 2 plants. However, the “winner” can be the one with the plant that produces the most weight. Wet or dry…should be dry I guess.

just be a race for fun. But those ladies are goiing to be the most pampered plants ever. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

What area should we post the thread in? The starter post? I guess maybe in the members lounge in the Gardens Corner?

2 Likes

Hi ya!

Well, how about we post in the members lounge.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

That’s still a huge pumpkin at 250 lbs. :+1:

Just let me know when we’re going to start.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good afternoon everyone!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Due to seedling stretch I transplanted the plants into Solo cups this afternoon.

I mixed in some Re Charge into the soil.

I also lowered the light another few inches. It’s now 14 inches above the plants.

The light I’m using for the seedlings is a single COB fixture using a Cree CXB3590 driven at 54 watts.

Since I have no previous experience with this light I’m slowly lowering it.

If anyone has any experience using something similar please chime in. :slightly_smiling_face:

Talk to everyone in a bit!!
Have a great rest of your day!:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m running 140 plug watts, about that from 1 day old sprouts. You might want to slowly start lowering until you find the sweet spot. Good to know in any event. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your input.:slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, that stretch was a bit too long to have allowed it to remain that way.

Like I said in my last post I have the light 14 inches from the plants.

If they tolerate that, I’ll go another inch a day.

Thanks again.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

I just finished installing the first level scrog net on one side of the tent.

It’ll be much easier to have the net in place when it comes time to scrog by doing this. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Lol. You just reminded me to bring my roll of fencing in to the garage. I’m planning on building a couple of screens over the winter :blush:

2 Likes

Yay!!!

I’m glad I did.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

I just transplanted mine, but into a 5 gallon soft pot. Didnt have anything smaller to put them in so took the plunge. Mixed in my verion of your recharge. So will see what happens. I am sure that they will slow some while they get the roots out, but no worries. I think I will still beat ya. :upside_down_face:

You might consider building your SCROG in such a way that you can minister to a sick plant. I think @rodri59 had a problem with that recently. Just throwing it out there.

4 Likes

Yup, scrog them individually. @Myfriendis410 has a great scrog design.

4 Likes

I would love to hear more about this design!!!:smiley:

2 Likes

@Alton66, scroll through @rodri59 journal “menojuana” toward the end I posted pictures and a description. Made from PVC and adjustable. NOT MY DESIGN!

3 Likes

LOL you are so modest my friend.

4 Likes

Will do!!:+1: