Please place your seats in the upright position

An old womans attempt at a painfree life

A link for your @Alton66 it is a long blog, you are welcome to read it, but if you want to get right to the scrog it is near the end of the blog, like the last couple of days…

1 Like

Thank you !!!

I’ll read this! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Good Thursday morning everyone!:slightly_smiling_face:

Today marks one week that five of my six plants germinated.

Comparing them to photos of others that I’ve found online I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m doing alright so far.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

@Alton66 sounds like they are doing great. We still having our own little race? Kind of got taken over with enthusiasum by the group for a group race down the road. But we can still do our own.

2 Likes

Hi ya’s!!

Yes we sure are on for the race!:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Tell me when and we’re on it.:+1:

Here’s where they’re at. Five of them at one week from germ and one of them at six days.

2 Likes

@Alton66 will put some photos up this evening, but mine are a week ahead of yours. Just starting week one of veg, I think. 2 weeks of seedling. Have 4 plants there, and 1 that is a runt. Not sure if its gonna make it or not. Mine are bag seeds so could be part male or all male, who knows. :smiley: Anyway, we are on now if you want. Right now I have mine under 50 WATT flourescent. When they are really ready for a change, I have a 600 watt LED I will put over them. I did transplant them into 5 gallon soft pots.

2 Likes

Sounds great!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Okay we’re on!!

Thanks for giving me the info on your lineup.

I hope that runt pulls through. It sucks that we have to deal with that at times.

I have a cfl setup as well but am not using it currently.

Okay, talk with you this evening buddy.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Good morning everyone,

Everything appears to be going well to the exception of a
Bit of leaf discoloration on a couple of the seedlings.

The plants are at eight days from germ.

After a bit of research I believe I’m looking at a bit of bleaching from the light being a little to close.

The light I’m using for the seedlings is a single Cree 3590
COB fixture driven at 54 watts.

I was slowly lowering the light in order to find the sweet spot.

For approx. 30 hours I had the light at 14 inches above the plants.

Whereas I was noticing a small amount of discoloration in the plant shown I was chalking it up to a variance in strain.

I now see where the discoloration has become more apparent.

I’ve raised the light up approx. four inches making the height around 18 inches from plants.

Temperature in the tent averages 75 F with humidity at approx. 70 percent. Higher humidity for new seedlings.

I have two six inch fans running.

I’m using distilled water with zero nutes added at this time.

I’ve added mycorrhizal fungi in the soil and around the base of the plant at time of transplant.
I transplanted due to seedling stretch being a bit long.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This might have something to do with it.
I failed to ph prior to watering.

2 Likes

After studying a bit more I’ve seen where this type of yellowing could really be nothing more than the age of the leaves and a bit of light burn.

Again anyone with some experience please chime in.

Thanks guys!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Update ;
After raising the light approx four inches from where I had it and was experiencing the issue I was talking about , I’m now seeing the plants responding favorably.

Here’s a photo showing the seedling in question.
It’s looking better. You can see the leaves I was speaking of.
The other photo shows the entire lineup as of a few minutes ago all looking good.

5 Likes

Look don’t stress the colour go out of your bottom leaves :leaves: quickly!! If the new growths are yellow thats a different story

1 Like

But one :point_up: of em there the NL looks lije light burn or over feeding maybe

1 Like

Thanks for your help!!

It would have to be light burn since I haven’t fed them yet.

Thanks again my friend!:+1:

1 Like

All good hope I’ve helped

1 Like

Sure did!:+1:

1 Like

:metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

1 Like

Good Saturday morning everyone!!!

This morning I watered the plants.
Since I’m using distilled water I added cal/mag. I also added General Hydroponics Flora Blend which is a compost tea.
I ph’d the water to 6.0 with a ppm count of 235.

3 Likes

@Alton66 Morning guy, if you dont mind I will post the photos of my babies here for you to puruse so you will know what i am doing on our race.

5 Likes