LED brand review

I know reviewing lights can be tedious, who wants to go over the endless brands? So i apologize.

Can i get any opinions on brand VIPARSPECTRA?

I see recommendations to use like zeus but i don’t have 6 - 8000 to spend on a grow as i have seen in other posts… (very jealous of these growers… Wanna be best buds?)

I hear to stay away from cheap china mfg with false number claims … But found this one at a decent price / warranty… Thoughts?

(VIPARSPCTRA Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015FLSOCE/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_Vd7Uxb8VPE9FG15?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

I wanna try that light too.

Rock, paper, scissors for who gets to be the Guinea pig?

I told you Advance Led or Apache Tech , on the downside of finances MarsHydro or Black Dog , Kind Led are Spectra King anything other than those is taking a chance but if you want a light that will work consistently and effectively than those brands has thousands of videos on YouTube to prove the extent of the lights capabilities , now if you are not there as most of rookies was when we started out in growing you can always result to CFL grow lights , a T-5 and stack up until you can afford the light you want cause you don’t want to have to keep buying accessories when you can pay once and grow consistently as you master you techniques to get the bud you want . Than find a good nutrient line that’s affordable and master it before changing nutrient brands , they all have they pro’s and cons but I see ILGM has added a powder base nutrient line to the grow shop that I must support and purchase and give a grow to see the results . Now keep in mind you never stop spending in growing you constantly find options and new methods , strategies and so on that keeps you spending .

4 Likes

I bought vs 600 for $189? Off Amazon. Has 272 actual watts and I would say it’s pretty dang good. If go 600 over 450 one I really didn’t want to spend a lot because when I was researching lights I heard over and over again you need 1000 watts halide bulbs or whatever they are. And reviews of leds that are a little older put them in a bad light (:joy:) of course older autoflower reviews do the same thing. Progress! I’d say it’s pretty good light

4 Likes

I know someone who is using 2 of the viparspectra will get him to comment and share some pictures.

there is an ebay seller named topled or some like that, I have one of their 1200 modles and it works well but I replaced the fans and added IR
they have good lights spectrum wise and cheap but poor fans that are alittle under powered and loud.
Vipar lights are ok but lack the white unless they have changed
mars are ok but the topled seller has the same for less $$$, I have a pro 2 on order atm can post on that next month.
I would have a look at cob based lights too, they can be landed cheap and use less power. The twin ones are perfect for use in pairs per meter.
I have a few on order atm for testing one has UV and IR LEDs built in on their own switches.
I have asked for a dimable one with the extra UV and IR and also with wireless network support they have on another unit. I am not 100% sure but I think they said they would build me a test model. I am not fluent in broken english.
Here is a pic of one of the lights on order

As I get each light I will post pictures and tests but I can only have 2 grows going at a time because of low amps in my shed.

1 Like

Well i suppose i will be the Guinea pig for the VIPARSPECTRA led i just ordered.
I also have t8 fluorescent 3000k and 6500k for supplemental.
Guess we’ll see if i need to call Jack to climb my giant beanMarijuanaStalk?

1 Like

I got the 600. It’s good

1 Like

Yep shoulda mentioned i ordered the 450w with veg/flower switches. I will only do 2 - 4 ladies at a time… (insert juvenile joke here).

7 Likes

Sounds like you’ll be given them what they need

Any thoughts on using fluorescent or the led… Or both during the seedling stage… And i read what 1.5 meters height?

I’d just run the led on sprouts and save others for later. 1.5 meter. What’s that like 5 feet? Maybe 1.5 feet Might say in led paperwork. I went 20 inches away from seedling

Yea feet what i meant… Why we gotta have multiple measurement systems? Dang man.

I read somewhere on ILGM guides florescent and a few inches above. And i just had my first WW auto reach initial root germination (water soak 24+ hours & then wet paper towel 1 day)… Into soil mix and never sprout.

So yea i want all opinions / options to consider to avoid this any further.

1 Like

Lol I know. I have to google Celsius converter all the time. Dam USA school system I didn’t wanna transplant my auto as I heard it may shock it. I’ve also heard the opposite. I scooped a hole in my soil and filled with starter soil and put germed seed in that. And left it alone til it grew up a bit. Fluorescent inches above would be good too

Same thing happened to me with 3 differnet strains, such a bummer. I used the soak in water and then paper towel and it worked great on my current.

@Jheezy (and anyone else) I wanted to revisit the led height question… The instructions of the VIPARSPECTRA 450W state:
Seedlings= 36 - 40"
Veg mode or (1 - 2 weeks later 24")
Flower = 15 - 18"

I know its not an exact science but I’ve lost 2 more seedlings

Please share your thoughts?

I’ve got the vs600 and I think I was at a height of 20" for seedlings using the veg switch

1 Like

If you’re losing seedlings with the LED than I’d recommend using a different light for sprouts and seedlings. :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

2 Likes

So for now i thought i would see how they do 30" under VS450W led and @ktreez420 I know part of my problem was overwatering as im also fighting worms (i have another thread on that, and am now waiting for an order of DE and neem oil).
Lmk if it matters but my grow is in my garage on a shelf with aluminum foil to reflect light.

And one of the lost, was a few inches under a basic (screw in e27) led bulb aka desk lamp.
Edit : forgot to add this seed had trouble germinating, needed extra day on papertowel method.

If anyone feels I am wrong please hit me in the head!

1 Like