Learning to SCRoG and trim

The problem with that is that Monday I picked up a teenage sister clone to these girls. I need time for her to grow into her net before I go to flower.

1 Like

After five days drying in a paper bag with a Boveda pack, the Fruit Punch buds were ready to trim. This little gal made some beautiful buds.

5 Likes

@Lonevikingn tuck the stems under the screen. Don’t want them going through the screen.

This should help

2 Likes

Bob, I’m still confused. If you go to the SCRoG tutorial, about 3/4 down there are three pictures captioned: If branch grows through the screen; attach with clip or wire; so plant will grow horizontal. That’s exactly what I did.
Something, in veg, has to grow up into the SCRoG. Stems and branches are all there is at this point. I’ve heard you don’t want to weave over and under. Do you mean attach the branch and stems on the underside of the mesh?

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

If too much goes above then yes you can clip them on.

But ideally once they start to grow through the screen you want to push them down and then tuck them under the next square. You don’t want to weave just keep everything under till you are ready to flower. Let me look back through my journal to see if I have any pics that might help. @Loneviking

2 Likes

Here are some pics from from Gold Leaf SCROG taken Aug 2017 @Loneviking

the first three pics were taken on August 3rd and the last pic was 10 days later. Amazing growth!

5 Likes

So, stems under the SCROG and just the leaves poking through until flower?!! Well, screwed that up. So, as the branches grow longer don’t let them grow through the screen. Push the branch tip down and over to the next square. Is that the right way?

I can do that with most of the branches, but at least one branch is at least a foot long growing on top of the wire.

3 Likes

Yes!

And thats ok for the one. It wont hurt anything to do that, its way easier to let the screen hold them down is all. @Loneviking :palm_tree::+1::v::smiley:

2 Likes

So, you form your canopy under the screen and then let the buds go through the mesh. Thanks Bob! I have some work to do on the girls. :sunglasses:

1 Like

exactly. Once the screen is 75% covered start letting the tops thru and flip to 12/12 The top will all come up right through the squares and should all be roughly the same height!

4 Likes

Bob, as long as you’re here, how (or with what) do you water your plants under a net. My tent is 4x4, and I can’t easily get to the back or sides. My back is kinda stiff, and it was hard to water under the net.

So, wifey was chuckling the other day about my growing a rainforest canopy, and she really laughed when she saw me use a transmission funnel to water the girls. How do you get water to yours?

Some use these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E28UQU?tag=greenrel-20

I have one but I don’t like it, it takes to long.

@Loneviking

Yeah, that would take a long time!

I am so far from textbook when it comes to scrog

I add screen right before flip and use the plants natural tendency to stretch to my advantage :wink:
I force screen into plant by bending limbs to open plant than using them to hold screen as the plant stretches I weave it into screen tie it down as needed with tomato clips
for a idea as to size screens are 30"x 62" and typically fill screen by end of stretch depending on strains stretch

9 Likes

That’s exactly what I use. If you take off the spray tip it let’s out two streams of water.

Mine is actually in the last picture at least the hose and sprayer end. You get it situated, lock the handle and let it do the work. It couldn’t be easier really!

I bought mine for a lot less at my local hardware store.

When it’s watering I attend to other things! I have no complaints and I wouldn’t do it any other way!

So, with the tip off, it will still hold pressure? And then you must have some way of holding the handle, right?

@Donaldj, I’m glad to know there’s more than one way to success with a SCRoG.

2 Likes

The tip turns the two streams into a spray. Just unscrew the tip and you get the two nice streams out of it. The handle will lock in the open position. I pull the pump handle up. Put the tip into the soil and then prop the hose onto the handle so it stays put. It truly works well and I can’t imagine doing it any other way. @Loneviking

I would just bend it back around back towards the empty part of net

When I unscrew the nozzle off of mine it just continues to mist. I get no stream. Not sure if my handle locks or not. I will have to check it out.

@bob31