Learning to SCRoG and trim

did you take it all the way off? @Rugar89

To lock my handle I have to press it down and slide it forward to lock it.

next time I’m out in the shed I will take a couple of quick pics.

1 Like

@bob31

Yes, took it all the way off. Thanks for the pics.
What brand is yours?
My is the same as the one I linked to above. Neither the nozzle or the handle looks the same as yours. My handle does not lock.
If I could get a nice stream and lock thehandle, then walk away while it did its thing, I would use it. All I get is a fine mist and have to hold the handle down. I would guess its takes 15 to 20 mins to empty mine. Im going to do a SCROG this grow and this Chapin 20000 isn’t going to cut it!

@bob31

1 Like

Here’s another scrog done not quite textbook but hey! It works!

Turned out more of a spreader and support but it sure helps.

7 Likes

An earlier picture.

4 Likes

I bought mine at the true value hardware. The one gallon their brand. @Rugar89

Search “one gallon pump sprayer Tru value”

1 Like

Interesting discussion. My sprayer doesn’t have a lock and the tip doesn’t come off.
I have an Ace hardware not too far away, I’ll have to see if there’s one of those in stock.

Interesting. So after they go to flower, then the buds and leaves are allowed to grow up through the net. Well, I’m planning on flowering in two weeks, which will give the little clone some more time to catch up. Until then, I just keep tucking branches under and bending branches around to fill in what little space is left.

3 Likes

Definitely late veg is the time, before flower when the stems harden off. Your timing is good.

1 Like

I tried Jiffy pots and ffof and over half my girls died…
Now I start in coco/happy frog and I start them in pint nursery cups. 100% germination rate and very happy girls!
Also I never go over 600 in veg and about 750 in flower…hope this helps

Yeah, FOF seems to have been part of the problem. But, I had one seed that never germinated and another seed that germinated and died in a plastic pot and soil that two others survived in. Of the two that survived, both broke ground with deformed leaves. Six seeds attempted, two survived. I’d call that a lousy group of seeds.

I’d call that a symptom of fertilizer poisoning. Straight seedling media is the only safe way to start your plants. You take a chance going into soil.

2 Likes

Yesterday, I switched the girls to a 14 hour day. One week of that and then down to 12 hours. That puts the two older clones at two months in veg. Their little sister has had about five weeks in veg. So far, this has been a very easy grow. The plants are healthy and growing without any problems. I just water them, push the tops down and trim off old fan leaves. The two surviving autos are in the tent. The Northern Light has her own SCRoG and soon the Blueberry will too.

4 Likes

Nice :+1: and very simple setup straight to the point. Keep up the great work I’ll be following and tag me if you can.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not sure how to tag. A search didn’t help either.

1 Like

by adding the @ in front of the username like @Loneviking

So to tag me is like @bob31

Hope that helps?

1 Like

It sure does, thanks!

@Onlythebest79

1 Like

Time for an update. Remember the two Autos with deformed leaves? Well, I’m happy to report that they are doing extremely well. Very healthy, beautiful plants. The one in SCRoG is an ILGM Northern Lights. The other is the ILGM Blueberry.

2 Likes

And it’s been the first week of 12/12 lighting after a transitional week of 14 hour days. Pre-flowers all over the net with growth everywhere.

4 Likes