Learning to SCRoG and trim

What’s too strong about it? So, start the plant in something different and then transplant in FFOF when? See that little auto in the front of the tent? It’s always been in FFOF.

So, what soil do you recommend?

Layer the soil don’t transplant. Something like happy frog or light warrior. Then they grow into the ffof.

1 Like

I need some help here with trimming. I’ve been pinching off the center tops of my GSC. The problem is that after a few times, you don’t have a center to top. You have three or four ‘tops’ that will become a stem with leaves. How do you trim it then? Do you top it and get rid of all those proto branches? Here’s a picture of the plant:

@Loneviking, let the plant sort itself out longer before pruning. FYI pruning scissors damage the plant less and there is less chance of disease entering from any pruning.

Seeds should be started in soil that contains no nutrients or in peat pellets or rock wool. I use coco. The seedlings have everything they need until they are ready to transplant (about 2 weeks)

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been using my trimming scissors not my fingers. I kinda thought I should let her grow a bit but after that—what sort of trim?

Interesting advice about seed starting, and I’ve heard it from others. If the two seeds I have in Jiffy pots and FFOF don’t make it, I’ll try that next. Thanks!

1 Like

I beg to differ on starting out your seedlings in FF0F and by all means I’m No Pro. I have started all my Seeds in this FF0F soil and all of them have germinated and produce me pretty good weed. I will see if I have that problem with the two OG KUSH I just started. They soaked overnight and straight to ffof soil and here are picks of them today breaking ground.

@Onlythebest79 yeah, me too; but too many people have had trouble and ALL of the experts agree to start in a nutrient free medium.

Doing a coco grow has been eye opening on several fronts: the plants use a very small amount of nutrients during their lives and seedlings do just dandy in starter soil.

3 Likes

True on all the experts but until I get different results as in them dying off I’ll switch to something different. No need to fix something that’s not broken right.

2 Likes

True, but maybe these strains I’m starting can’t tolerate FFOF. My clones and my auto have always been in FFOF, and are healthy so I’m quite surprised too.

1 Like

So, changed to a potting mix and tried again. One seed each of ILGM Auto Blueberry and Auto Northern Lights. The stems look ok, but the leaves don’t. This is the first time I’ve had problems with germination and I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Look at these leaves:

The Blueberry is the top one with a square leaf and a notch in the middle . The NL just looks odd and doesn’t want to open up. The only thing I know to do is keep light on them, mist them, cross my fingers and wait.

Well, the two little autos are st one week. I have a feeling that at least the NL will make it and I’m hopeful for the Blueberry too.

Btw, the light is nine inches above the plants and the stems aren’t stretched and weak. It’s the weird leaves that concern me:

1 Like

I cut the Fruit Punch Auto today. She was starting to die even though I only saw milky trichomes. Of the six ILGM Auto seeds I’ve tried to germinate, only two have germinated and survived. Those two are almost two weeks old and looking good. Here’s the Fruit Punch hung up to dry.

5 Likes

As for the SCROG, that seems to be going well. I’m tying the branches down with a soft rubber tie. But, now some of the tied down branches are doing this:

Do I want to clip that center shoot out to make the plant branch and spread more?

1 Like

And here’s one of the GSCs tied onto the SCROG.

1 Like

I harvested the Fruit Punch Auto on Sunday and hung her to dry for two days. Tonight I rough trimmed the buds off the main stalk. The buds go into a paper bag with Boveda pack, and the bag then into a black garbage bag for another two days of drying. The buds are small but sugary!

6 Likes

Just keep tucking the tops or tying them down. But you can top those shoots and it will send out two.

I topped one of them and you’re right!..two leaves now. So far, so good with the SCROG. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

So, some of the branches are getting as long as the net. Now what? Here’s a couple of pictures for a critique.

2 Likes

Once the nets full I’d say it’s time to flip to flower mode 12/12 all the way bud! @Loneviking

1 Like