First Attempt, Looooong grow. Bonsai plants? Deplorables Kush ;)

Your getting there buddy not much longer :wink:

2 Likes

At what point to the buds start getting sticky, anyone. First grow so I am clueless but I know that none of my buds are sticky at all yet. The farthest alone any of mine are is 3 weeks into flower and there are some good size colas but no sticky yet. I’m starting to get a little worried that I have done something wrong.

I tried looking at mine through the USB microscope. I ended up touching the flower trying to get close enough. The lens cover got sticky and smelled of turpentine and skunk. Anyplace you see trichomes, it is sticky - even on the sugar leaves. Don’t get too curious, because I believe it damages the trichomes that are touched.

1 Like

I can see tricomes through the jewelers loupe, all tiny and clear. Oops, not touching them all but I have touched a few to check and nada

Well, I got bored and rigged up a mason jar with vinegar on the upper shelf, a shoelace wick/syphon, and a bowl of baking soda in the tent above the level of the plants. At this point I figured, what the hell. I’ll get a pic in the morning, but I checked it outside to make sure it worked, then did it in very low light just to position it.

1 Like

I was going to make a Co2 generator but decided it probably wasn’t worth it. Was going to use the bucket and 2 liter bottles and tubing. Next grow I will try some other new stuff. This one was for fimming, topping, and getting the equipment together that I had to have I guess. Good luck. I hear when it works, it works well!

2 Likes

So I tried this for a night - vinegar, a syphon/wick, and a bowl of baking soda. I put a blanket against the door bottom to seal it better.

At lights on I took the pic, and then I put a fan at the open closet door to exchange the air in the whole closet back to "normal (if there was ever a difference). I guess it is a question of volume, and whether this is a wasted effort, or if the little puffs of CO2 do some good since it is right by the cola.

1 Like

Seing amber on the sugar leaves, should I be flushing or something?

4 Likes

I still see clear,the trics on the sugar leaves will progress faster than those on the bud

Cool. That is why I included this pic. The “dangly” part upper right is cola, the green is sugar leaves. To be clear is it the trichomes on the flower itself that we are watching?

Also, how does this play into the “calendar”? At some point there is about 72 hours worth if stuff to do before I harvest. When to start? When the flowers are milky?

I hate to bug, but if @Hogmaster or @Majiktoker could explain a little better I would appreciate it.

There’s a picture of one of mine that was 20% clear 70% milky 10% Amber

![these are pictures of the flower hope that makes a little more sense to you

5 Likes

Thanks, and nice pic, but I get the ratio part. I just know that there is at least a few days to a week worth of flushing, which must start at some point. At what “clue” do you begin flushing?

“A week before harvest”? Great!

Am I? See what I’m saying? I can find no specific guidance other than the general 8week timeline. I have one plant that is following that perfectly, and I will be following it to the letter. One plant has had issues and is ripening faster. See where I’m going?

2 Likes

Contemplating the same thing here Whodat66 although I still have some weeks to get there but cannot quite figure out how fast things move. I want to harvest for a less couch lock high but afraid that the plants can move very quickly between one and the other and with needing to put in darkness and wanting to try a stem split it gets confusing for sure

2 Likes

I know, right?

I have made one decision, since the skinny 4-cola one is the one ripening, she is being flushed as we speak. Some of the leaves are drooping and yellower, and I think it is just time. This is not the one I was planning on re-veging anyway.

1 Like

In all sincerity, I have invested nothing but time - which I have in abundance. Looking at the 2 plants I will have over an ounce cured as is. I figure (by simple math) a decent top-bud is going to weigh 3-5g unless it is a monster (which I don’t have). I have 10 cola in that range, a few leaning towards the 5-7 range. But at a minimum, 10 x 3 = 30g - plus nuggies and trim.

I am still using this to “figure shit out”, so there is no downside as long as what I produce has potency - and it looks frosty as hell!

3 Likes

So flushing helped a little, will post a pic of yellowing leaves. had to prune a few. So now Baby has been put in the corner, and I am concentrating on Melania. (She was always prettier and more sophisticated :wink: )

I have a little cabinet with doors that are not airtight, checked the space with a temp’hygro and it was 73F and 60% - so about next Tuesday (beginning of week 7) Ivanka goes in the dark. I am sure that the presence of a plant inside will change that, but I think that if needed I can point a fan at the closed cabinet and air will circulate through.

I also noticed some fine white mold on the dirt in the blue pot. I used a miniature “rake” (back-scratcher) and removed about 1/2" of topsoil, made sure the fan was aimed directly at the dirt, and I aerated the dirt with a bamboo skewer.

Is there anything I should put on the soil?

4 Likes

@Whodat66 Your plants are freakin beautiful. Covered in white!! :sunglasses:

When lollipopping, do you also remove the leaves right below? Since leaves process energy into food for the next bud site up, wouldn’t it make sense to remove that/those leaves as well so they don’t just grow back.? Just a question.

1 Like

You can read back if you’re interested, but this was completely experimental (i.e. on a whim) and these girls are over 170 days old. They have been topped, LST’d, HST’d, etc. but when I got a problem with gnats I found this site.

I put them on an 18/6 schedule and killed the bad guys, then a month later worked them into 12/12 (over a week).

Right now week 6, day 5 from actually getting to 12/12.

I’m’a buy me a seed kit and grow some real plants next :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Week 6, day 5 pics. Melania still looks beautiful!

8 Likes