A few shared edibles recipes

@willd i looked but cant seem to see the recipe for the oil. Can you do it in a crock pot?

Thanks

2 Likes

@jmlove123 here is @DoomSack making some butter is this what your looking for? If you need any help I’ve done the butter a few times not done the oil or honey yet but looking forward to trying them to

1 Like

I was thinking the oil cause it seem what i have been reading is you get more wit the oil then you do with the butter. Unless i miss read that part. @daz49

1 Like

I haven’t tried the oil yet but I do get what you mean, I have seen the butter one on here and put it on here a few times myself and the oil is just replace the equivalent oil to butter, I’ll see if I can find it and tag you in it ,or you can Google bong appetit, it’s a programme about mixing cannabis with food and drink and they show a way of doing it with half ounce cannabis and then fill the jar with coconut oil, place the lid on and in boiling water for 2 hour’s and then it’s done but the longer you do it for the stronger it is

1 Like

That for the help :slight_smile: @daz49

1 Like

This is the @Hogmaster 1 he shared with me @jmlove123 and I think you just replace the same weight in coconut oil instead of butter, I hope that helps

1 Like

Yes you can do it in a crock pot. Same as butter. You can really substitute butter:oil at 1:1.
Since butter and oil are so caloric, I hardly make it anymore and mostly do the capsules instead.
I’m trying my first batch of capsules made from this harvest later today. I think they’re going to be more potent than the last few batches since I’m completely grinding it into a fine powder now instead of just grinding fine enough to fit in a capsule.

2 Likes

Thanks @willd So many new things to learn hehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I am so excited to get the this first harvest and play with all the different recipes. I have only tried cookies one time and that was when i was 18 I am 38 now so it has been awhile and someone else made those.

3 Likes

@Willd just filled my capsules! It will be my first but ground them up ina food processor. I have to wait to try but later today! Making butter right now! @jmlove123 @daz49

3 Likes

a drying and curing method explained by my good friend @Screwauger

I chopped the plant in “branches” (like you have) and hung them in a dark cool area for 3 days.
After three days hang, I snipped all of the flowers off the large stems (into buds no larger than golf balls).
These went into paper bags, a single layer on the bottom of the bag.
For one plant I typically had 4-5 bags o buds.
I jostled and gently moved them around everyday until slightly “crispy” when gently squeezed. Approx 5 days but being winter here our RH in the house is 27-30% so your results may very.
Then it was trial and error (into jars with hygrometer and monitor closely for the RH and the trend [is the RH climbing or falling]).
Burping often or even dumping out of jars for 30 minutes at a time for extra drying.
Once stable at or near 62% in the jars, less burping (1-2x day) decreasing the burping as the RH stabilizes

This method has produced tasty aromatic buds for me.

and my good friend @Donaldj

Drying in the fashion @Screwauger described allows the moisture in the bigger buds to help hold RH for the buds drying faster since paper will slightly confine humidity while still releasing it at a fairly controlled rate. Being a paper bag airflow is limited unlike a variable humidity in a room which can be hard to hold RH in and pulls moisture faster the paper bag having less air volume also keeps terpins around buds rather than having them pulled away with airflow

so i have put it down on here so i don’t forget it and it gives me something to refer to ,thanks my brothers

4 Likes

This is from @garrigan62

if you do this to your butter making plant material before using it, the importance of cleaning the plant material before you begin
the infusion process, as it will leave you with a better tasting butter and
will also take out that ugly green colour that you don’t want in your final product.

“What you need to do is soak it in distilled water for 24-48 hours, changing
the water every 12 hours, then blanch it to finalize the step which is putting
it in boiling water for five minutes and then shocking it back to reality in ice
water for a minute,
This process leaches out the chlorophyll and any other impurities that might
be in there, which can make for a bad tasting butter.

Simple Cannabutter Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 ounce ground, decarbed cannabis
1 cup butter
2 cups water

Equipment

Medium pan
Bowl
Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth

Note: You can use different amounts of cannabis and butter as long as
the ratio stays the same
(e.g. 1/4 ounce cannabis = 1/2 cup butter, 1 ounce of cannabis = 2 cups of butter)

Directions

Add water and butter to pan over medium heat. Make sure there is enough water to create a layer between the butter and the bottom of the pan. Use extra water if necessary.

Wait until butter melts, then add cannabis to pan and mix thoroughly.

Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. If mixture starts to boil, reduce heat.

Allow pan to cool before straining into bowl or container. Use a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth to separate the remaining cannabis from the butter.

Place mixture in fridge overnight. The butter will separate from the water and rise to the top.

Once butter has risen to top, remove from fridge. Peel off the chunks of butter with a fork or knife and place in separate container.
Simple Cannabutter Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 ounce ground, decarbed cannabis
1 cup butter
2 cups water

Equipment

Medium pan
Bowl
Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth

Note: You can use different amounts of cannabis and butter as long as
the ratio stays the same
(e.g. 1/4 ounce cannabis = 1/2 cup butter, 1 ounce of cannabis = 2 cups of butter)

Directions

Add water and butter to pan over medium heat. Make sure there is enough water to create a layer between the butter and the bottom of the pan. Use extra water if necessary.

Wait until butter melts, then add cannabis to pan and mix thoroughly.

Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. If mixture starts to boil, reduce heat.

Allow pan to cool before straining into bowl or container. Use a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth to separate the remaining cannabis from the butter.

Place mixture in fridge overnight. The butter will separate from the water and rise to the top.

Once butter has risen to top, remove from fridge. Peel off the chunks of butter with a fork or knife and place in separate container.

@SmoknGranny @AnneBonny this is the method I was telling you both about and this is my shared recipes thread so please feel free to add your own recipes as I wanted to make it a thread everyone can come to and get something from

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag :hugs: .

1 Like

I thought you would like to look at this, check out the rest of the recipes on here, I have them from everyone, I will put your one on later unless you want to put it on here yourself

1 Like

I’ll let you add it. Cutting and pasting on my phone is somewhat tricky for me. I’m coming back later to read through the thread. :+1:

1 Like

No worries I will do it later when I go on my laptop,but you do make your own butter don’t you

@SmoknGranny

Marijuana Peanut Brittle!

1 Cup of white sugar
½ Cup of corn syrup
¼ Teaspoon of salt
¼ Cup of water
1 Cup of honey roasted peanuts
2 Tablespoon of canna-butter
1 Teaspoon of baking soda

Cover a large cookie sheet in wax paper, and heads up you’ll be needing a cooking thermometer.

In a large saucepan combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water and cook on medium heat bringing it to a boil. Make sure you rememeber to stir frequently so nothing burns. After all the sugar is dissolved it’s time to mix in your peanuts. Be sure to check your handy dandy thermometer and cook until the temperature reaches 300 degrees. Remove from heat and immediately mix in canna-butter the star of the show, and baking soda. Then put the entire mixture onto the cookie sheet.

With 2 forks, spread the brittle onto the cookie sheet and cut them into shapes. Let it cool and become hard, then break the brittle pieces apart and prepare to get peanut brittle stoned.

2 Likes

@AnneBonny

Here is another one that I found online by chef Lauri Wolf. Love this one and use it often. Since I"m the only one that eats my edibles I don’t want a huge batch or they would either go stale or I would weigh 400 lbs. Makes (15) 3 inch cookies but I make mine a little bigger as it’s easier to fit 12 on a cookie sheet. 1 cup peanut butter 4 tablespoons canna-butter softened 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup flower 1 egg Pinch of salt Heat oven to 340 degrees F Combine al…

1 Like

this recipe is from @blackthumbbetty

Alfredo sauce is a very easy & quick pan sauce, especially perfect to make for a single serving. Makes one dinner sized serving.

Ingredients:
2 tsp budder or cannabis oil
½ tsp minced garlic
¼-½ cup half/half or heavy cream
¼ cup parmesan/romano/etc
Cracked black pepper
(optional: a splash of white wine or marsalla)
6-8oz cooked pasta (and any veggies/meat/etc you like)

Heat a small sautee pan over medium-high heat & add butter/oil to pan
Add garlic & sautee for 2-3 minutes
If using alcohol, add a splash to pan and allow to cook for another 15-30 seconds, stirring constantly
Reduce heat to medium & stir in cream, allowing the cream to bubble gently; cook til reduced, stirring occasionally, about 2-3 mins
Remove from heat, stir in cracked pepper to taste
Add cheese, but don’t stir it; instead, gently toss the sauce with your pasta to mix it all together. If you stir it into the cream mix, the cheese gets stringy.
Boom! This is the way alfredo sauce is made in many restaurants…minus the weed, of course.

7 Likes

will this work with trimmings?

1 Like

@amosmoses : Any of these recipes should work as well with trimmings as with bud they just won’t be as strong I wouldn’t have thought