A few shared edibles recipes

this is one @kabongster shared with me

So I melt two sticks of butter in a double boiler…important that you not overheat the cannabis at this point.
I put in the ground marijuana, buds only for me…whatever you want…as I said, I use an oz.
Mix for a few minutes, soak the pot in the butter.
Add hot water, 2-3 cups or so…it will be removed later.
Simmer this mixture for four hours. Add water to the outside pot, don’t let it dry out. You shouldn’t have to add water to the butter/water mix.
After 4 hours, take cheesecloth, folded over about 4 times, and pour the butter/water mix thru it. I Rubberband the cheesecloth around the neck of a bowl or jar that can go in the refrigerator.
Squeeze the cheesecloth out AFTER it cools 5 minutes. Toss vegetative-matter out.
This butter/water sits in the fridge for hours till it separates, cannabutter on the top…waste water in the bottom. Waste water=toss it!
Separate them, pat the cannabutter dry, and refrigerate, use as instructed in whatever recipe you want to try it with.
I make big cookies, in case some light weight can’t eat a whole, it is easy to break into more tolerable dosages.

13 Likes

this is a recipe @Niala has shared with me

“Spécial spatiale” spaghetti sauce :

In a 6 liter slow cooker put 500 grams of ground beef and hot Italian saucigage each that you have previously cooked until you have meat juice and deglaze your pan with red wine and pour the sauce obtain on the meat in the slow cooker.

Put some vegetables ( oignons, garlics, red and green peppers, carrots, celery and mushroom) and 2 can of crushed tomatoes of 796 ml and a 369 ml tomato paste , some Italian mix herbs, salt, pepper and 10 grams of fine grind cannabis buds. Stir well.

Slow cooker on low and let it simmer for 6 to 10 hours, depends on the slow cooker you have and taste.

2 Likes

these are what @Willd has shared with me

We really only make a few select baked goods on a regular basis and continue to experiment with it as a fat replacement in many standard recipes.

For the most part we focus on producing the cannabis infused coconut oil because it can be used in place of butter or oil in any recipe. Butter tends to leave more residue on all the extraction equipment and while never sitting around long enough to, can turn rancid. I do make a batch of butter instead of oil from time to time for spreading on pancakes or french toast or melting over pasta or potatoes. You have to like the taste of cannabis to really enjoy these items as it imparts plenty of hashy canna-goodness all over your tastebuds. It’s that nutty almost sesame like scent/flavor that just make me go gaga for it.
We make granola with lots of seeds and nuts and raisins to go around.
So really I guess the brownie bites, granola, oatmeal raisin cookies, and capsules covers everything.

I’ve made cakes, cupcakes, fillings and frostings but due to the low amount of oil they call for you’d have to eat half a cake by yourself to benefit from any effect. We tend to go for recipes that use between 1/2c-1c oil/butter per batch so we’re neither having to cut it nor eat half the batch just to get high.

Since I have 2 different strains on hand I try to keep some of each on hand for baking as to not experience strain lock, which is when your body develops a tolerance to one specific strain as a result of consuming it exclusively.
One is definitely less potent than the other and marked as such. Depending on the amount of oil a recipe calls for I may use all infused oil or calculate a ratio of infused:plain to achieve the desired potency per cookie or brownie or serving of granola.

Brownie bites used to be my favorite goodie, but recently I’ve been trying to stop eating so much sugar and fat and haven’t made anything but caps in a while. I’m always refining the process and experimenting with recipes.

I have never attempted to make edibles from concentrates like BHO or actual hashish because it seems to require an excessive amount of effort, material, and cost for so little end product.

3 Likes

this is one @Hogmaster has shared with me

You can do a pound of butter in an ounce or a half a pound of butter and a half ounce put it in a crockpot and let it cook for at least 48 hours and then make your bread I would say half ounce would do for batches give or take depending on how strong you want to make them

3 Likes

please everyone add to these for all of us suffering from respiratory problems,so can’t enjoy as much to smoke as we’d like ,or even just as another way of us to enjoy our medicine :wink:

4 Likes

here’s another one shared from @Willd

Brownie Bites
1 cup cannabis infused oil or cannabutter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa *I use more, I’m a chocoholic
1 tablespoon espresso powder (optional) *I don’t use it
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350°F.
cover a cookie sheet with mini muffin parchment cups (approx 35)
In a microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter.
Add the sugar, stirring to combine. Remove from heat.
Stir in the cocoa, espresso powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
Add the flour, again stirring until smooth.
Spoon the batter into the prepared mini muffin cups.
Bake the brownies for 25 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and barely set in the center.
Remove the brownies from the oven, and cool before devouring

6 Likes

kabongster

I use three quarters to one ounce of light airy buds per two sticks of butter.
I misspoke earlier on what I use…it’s my summer 2015 stash, a combination of Amnesia Haze and Super Skunk, my first two purchases from ILGM.

my first guinea pig I mean volunteer was my wife. She doesn’t use marijuana. She ate a half cookie and laid on the couch a couple of hours later moaning, it ruined the movie I was watching all the groans, the dose was too high, the high too intense. I had to leave the room.

the next week end, I met some old friends, the make up of them…
one doesn’t drink, smokes a little, enough for him
the next believes alcohol is as medicinal as mmj
the next drinks and smokes, like us, normal folk
the last drinks and smokes again, like us

the first above was the first to go horizontal, and never stood up until the next day, he had a half a cookie.
the medical alcoholic ate one and could have eaten more.
the two normal ones, one ate two cookies and disappeared behind a locked bedroom door, grunting single syllable answers to questions…the second, ate one, eventually joined the melting pot of friends I had.
I liked one cookie.

the host has requested me not to bring cookies…but I do bring and pass them out at the end of the party, for a better time chosen by them.
they are all courteous and take them.

5 Likes

Herbalist

Try this: pulverize it in a blender or food processor, then strain it through some cheesecloth. You can still dry out the solids to use-- spread them on a paper plate, and cover with a paper towel, placed on a book shelf for a few days. The dried powder would be great in a wound poultice. You can combine it with other skin/wound healing herbs, like calendula, yarrow, mallow, and plantain. As an herbalist, I know that the entire medicinal plant is useful for medicine, and nothing should be wasted.

1 Like

here’s one from @Zero42

250ml of 99.9% USP - Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin
250ml of 99.9% USP - Food Grade Propylene Glycol

Here are the instructions, written out:

1: Pre heat a fan oven to 100C or 220F

2: Grind herbs until medium to fine

3: Place herbs in ceramic dish and cover with foil.

4: Place the dish into the oven for 30-40 minutes.

5: Prepare the solution use a ratio of 8ml liquid to 1g herb for a low strength, 5ml of liquid for a medium strength

6: Use 7 parts Vegetable Glycerine to 3 parts Propylene glycol

7: Remove herbs from the oven and allow to cool before removing foil

8: Place herbs into mason jar containing solution and mix well.

9: Place jar into hot water bath and shake/swirl every 15-20 minutes.

10: Continue this for 2-3 hours.

11: Keep lid on for the entire process.

12: Once the time is done, remove from the heat and allow the jar to cool until you can handle it safely.

13: Place contents of the jar into material, and then proceed to squeeze out the liquid. You can use a potato/rice press, fine sieve, cheese cloth to help with this process.

14: Collect liquid with syringes and place into the dropper bottles.

15: Add any flavourings your might want to add (optional)

16: Enjoy end product, store in a cool - dark place and use in any e-cigarette you wish. Product will last up to 12 months.

1 Like

this is not a recipe but it’s from a post about stem splitting ,don’t know if there is anything to it but this is the basic process :wink:

Step 1 Tie the stem with a rope or cable tie right at the base. Tie a second rope or cable tie a couple inches above that.

Step 2 Take a very sharp knife and cut from the top tie to the bottom tie. There should be one vertical cut that is a few inches in length.

Step 3 The knife should remain inside until you have a pencil or chopsticks to replace it with. This is to keep both sides of the marijuana plant from touching each other.

Tip 1: Apply this technique 3 days or a week before harvest, not sooner!

Tip 2: Try it on only 1 of your plants until you’ve mastered the technique

Tip 3: Ever extended the dark period to 48 hours right before harvest?

2 Likes

another great one from my friend @Willd for bubble hash

I sure am surprised not to find a ton of results for bubble hash in the forum hmm. I will post some stuff about how to make it
So you take frozen trim and a bucket of ice & water cold and agitate it lightly for a period of time to separate the trics from the leaf. Then you run the matter through increasingly finer screens trapping everything but the finest of trics down to the last bag where they’re collected then dried. I’ll put some more stuff up and shoot ya some more recipes.

1 Like

Dark Chocolate and Orange Cookies. You can use all cannabis butter but knock the serving size down to 1 cookie instead of 2.

Servings: Makes About 40 cookies (20 servings)

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients
8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 cup cannabis butter
3/4 cups (21/2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup Sugar, divided
2 each eggs
3 tablespoons grated orange zest (from 2 to 3 oranges)
2 tablespoons Fresh orange juice
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Melt chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat or in the microwave. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
  3. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
  4. In a large bowl use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat cannabis butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of the sugar until well blended. Add eggs, orange zest, and juice. Mix until well combined. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Stir in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
  5. Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Scoop tablespoons of dough, roll them into balls, and roll the balls in the sugar. Place balls on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake about 13 minutes. Cookies will spread, with a crackled surface. The edges should be firm, but the center slightly soft.
  6. Remove parchment paper with cookies on it to cool. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, or freeze.
    Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July -,- August 2012 Altered by @Willd
5 Likes

The “straight” version of these are no slouch either. I usually make a batch of each so I can enjoy more than 1 at a time.

3 Likes

Thanks @Willd that’s definitely 1 I will try, sounds super tasty

here is another great looking one from @Willd,i love rice crispy squares

1/2 Cup cannabis oil
1 10-12 oz package of Marshmallows
1 tsp Vanilla*
6 1/2-8 Cups (depending on how much marshmallow) Rice Krispies**
Place marshmallows and oil in a large microwave bowl on medium for 3-4 minutes or until all puffed up. add vanilla then stir in the cereal until it’s all coated. It stiffens pretty quickly so stir fast.
Spread into a greased or parchment paper lined 13x9 baking dish with the back of a large greased spoon and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.

*experiment with other extracts like mint or lemon for something a little different. A little goes a long way.
**Don’t be afraid to replace from 1/2 up to 1 1/2 C of the cereal with other ingredients like chopped nuts, powdered cocoa, raisins, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chocolate chips, dehydrated apple shaken in cinnamon, or a different sweetened cereal like fruit rings, wheat puffs, cocoa puffs etc.
You can even dust them with spices or powered (confectioner’s) sugar or cocoa if you like.you have some really tasty recipes my brother

2 Likes

this is cannabutter by Drewdown199219h

@darren I used the stems and leaves after I cut my plant down.
Step 1) Cut stems/leaves/buds in to small portions, & put them in a cheese cloth, I used a New panty house BC I didnt have cheese cloth!
Step 2) Start a saucepan on the stove and bring to a boil.
Step 3) grab 1lb ( or how ever much of Real butter you want to turn into Canna-butter ) I used 1lb of real butter.
Step 4) Cut the butter stick in half & place in the boiling water.
Step 5) Put the cheese cloth or Nylon that has all the cannabis in it into the boiling water. (You may have to find something heavy to hold the cheese cloth/nylon under water.
Step 5) Let boil for 6-8 hours.(or you can do longer) ( Stir and squeeze the cheese cloth/nylon every once and awhile with a spoon)
Step 6) When you think its ready, take saucpan off the stove.Find a way to squeeze the cheese cloth/nylon for the remaining juice/fluid that the nylon/cheese cloth is holding.
Step 7) Leave all liquid in the saucepan & let it cool to room temp. Place in fridge over nite.and then When you see green hard butter on the top. then scoop off the green butter part and leave the remaining water in the saucepan or dump it down the drain or use it as fertilizer!
I attatched a picture of what the finished product will look like when you scoop it off the top of the saucepan. (Dont worry that it breaks all up. you can put it in another dish or tupperware bowl with a lid to reshape it.
I placed all my canna butter in the dish in the picture, and put it in the microwave till it re melted. then put it back in the fridge over night so it would shape it!!!
I hope these are easy instructions to follow
cannabutter[1].jpg1836x3264 1.34 MB

1 Like

I got this from bong appetit ,a different way of decarbonising your cannabis

The sous vide method :

I personally prefer the sous vide method for accuracy, convenience, and discretion—you can just seal up your cannabis in a zip bag using the water displacement method or with a vacuum sealer, submerge underwater at 95ºC (203ºF) for an hour, and there will be no smell!

I haven’t tried this method yet but the clip that I took it from to post on here, it was his quote

@maximusindica

3 Likes

Yeah it seems to be a good method too. I have a friend who uses a Joule for all his sous vide cooking.
Great where discretion is necessary. No need to such discretion here. It’s just MrsWillD, SuperDog, some moose and me here AND LEGAL.

2 Likes

I thought you would probably know Mr @Willd, other than discretion due to lack of smell, any other differences ? On the programme it’s said you keep more of the flavour this way , @Countryboyjvd1971 Mr Wild knows about it

1 Like

That doesn’t surprise me @darren he a knowledgeable man sir @Willd lol
And we are lucky to have him around

2 Likes