Zkittlez autoflower 2nd grow

My first grow ended badly but I learned a lot and hopefully I can use that knowledge to have success this time!
I have a slightly modified rdwc setup with a diy peltier chiller. The modification is to have the nutrient solution siphon out the top of the bucket at the level I want to maintain in it so that I can have the level I want to maintain virtually perfectly, and it allows me to have the reservoir well below the grow bucket. The problem with my first grow are probably due to a few things combining to cause root rot and (maybe) nutrient lock, and who knows what else. The temperature was usually in the mid to high 70’s when I checked it in the afternoon but it possibly got much hotter than that in between checks. So, I built a peltier chiller with two peltier plates and blocks. This works really well for ~8 gallons to keep it at a steady 65-66f and is monitored by the temp controller in the tent pic. I’m also reducing the nutrients at the start and will increase as I see the need. I will also be more diligent about maintaining pH at 5.8 - so far so good after 10 days!
The pics below are the first few days and then the 10th day and I’ll post a new pic and any updates weekly.
As a newby I would appreciate any observations you see and any improvements you think I can make.!
Starting nutrients were at 252ec and stayed below 260 up to day 7 when I increased to 485. This was 1/8 and 1/4 what the Fox Farms schedule recommended and my plan is to go with 1/2 starting with week 3 unless the plant tells me otherwise. Any thoughts about the look of it in the last pic? Looking ok?

IMG_0589|666x500

1 Like

Forgot to mention that I have airstones in both the reservoir and the grow bucket.

How did the first one smoke , hood indica high ? I’m trying to pop a zweetletooth bean with a sonic screwdriver sativa to cross with a blueberry just for trial and error trying to find that patient cross that will suit my medicinal needs in one plant strain instead of growing 3 plants each time to keep medicine I get great results from , a sativa , an indica , and a great hybrid is being challenging cause the 3 never seems to grow , are eat the sMe in the same scrog for simplicity, it’s always become a science tribunal grow full of question , cancelation, addition , and sometimes just letting the soil give them every little bit before I add base nutrients .

The first one died before I could ever get to harvesting. I’m not going to smoke it, just edibles for me and my virgin lungs…

1 Like

Day 15 -
Air temps consistently 75f-82f
Humidity varies - 40-60 (have a small humidifier running now to even it out)
Water temp rock stead at 65f-66f
pH rock steady at 5.8
Nutes today are at 693

what do you think @BetrayedSoul @spyonyou ?

1 Like

Looks pretty good !!

A little color on tips , I would lower ppm a bit for a week or so. But that’s me , I’m usually 250@ start then 400 a few weeks in and after 5 nodes I go all in. I use Jack’s though so it all depends on the nutrient line you use. Just keep an eye on it so it doesnt get nutrient burn.

1 Like

I’m using Fox Farm and a lot less than their recs. This week I think I’m at about 30% of what they rec. I’ll dilute it a bit tonight and see how it goes. Not taking any chances with this one! Thanks!

1 Like