Zkittlez autoflower 2nd grow

My first grow ended badly but I learned a lot and hopefully I can use that knowledge to have success this time!
I have a slightly modified rdwc setup with a diy peltier chiller. The modification is to have the nutrient solution siphon out the top of the bucket at the level I want to maintain in it so that I can have the level I want to maintain virtually perfectly, and it allows me to have the reservoir well below the grow bucket. The problem with my first grow are probably due to a few things combining to cause root rot and (maybe) nutrient lock, and who knows what else. The temperature was usually in the mid to high 70’s when I checked it in the afternoon but it possibly got much hotter than that in between checks. So, I built a peltier chiller with two peltier plates and blocks. This works really well for ~8 gallons to keep it at a steady 65-66f and is monitored by the temp controller in the tent pic. I’m also reducing the nutrients at the start and will increase as I see the need. I will also be more diligent about maintaining pH at 5.8 - so far so good after 10 days!
The pics below are the first few days and then the 10th day and I’ll post a new pic and any updates weekly.
As a newby I would appreciate any observations you see and any improvements you think I can make.!
Starting nutrients were at 252ec and stayed below 260 up to day 7 when I increased to 485. This was 1/8 and 1/4 what the Fox Farms schedule recommended and my plan is to go with 1/2 starting with week 3 unless the plant tells me otherwise. Any thoughts about the look of it in the last pic? Looking ok?

IMG_0589|666x500

1 Like

Forgot to mention that I have airstones in both the reservoir and the grow bucket.

How did the first one smoke , hood indica high ? I’m trying to pop a zweetletooth bean with a sonic screwdriver sativa to cross with a blueberry just for trial and error trying to find that patient cross that will suit my medicinal needs in one plant strain instead of growing 3 plants each time to keep medicine I get great results from , a sativa , an indica , and a great hybrid is being challenging cause the 3 never seems to grow , are eat the sMe in the same scrog for simplicity, it’s always become a science tribunal grow full of question , cancelation, addition , and sometimes just letting the soil give them every little bit before I add base nutrients .

The first one died before I could ever get to harvesting. I’m not going to smoke it, just edibles for me and my virgin lungs…

1 Like

Day 15 -
Air temps consistently 75f-82f
Humidity varies - 40-60 (have a small humidifier running now to even it out)
Water temp rock stead at 65f-66f
pH rock steady at 5.8
Nutes today are at 693

what do you think @BetrayedSoul @HappyHydroGrower ?

1 Like

Looks pretty good !!

A little color on tips , I would lower ppm a bit for a week or so. But that’s me , I’m usually 250@ start then 400 a few weeks in and after 5 nodes I go all in. I use Jack’s though so it all depends on the nutrient line you use. Just keep an eye on it so it doesnt get nutrient burn.

1 Like

I’m using Fox Farm and a lot less than their recs. This week I think I’m at about 30% of what they rec. I’ll dilute it a bit tonight and see how it goes. Not taking any chances with this one! Thanks!

1 Like

The latest pics - everything looking ok @BetrayedSoul ?

1 Like

Looks good. Make sure light is at recommended height and not to close. Also the lower leaves that are touching the lid look like heat damage most likely. If mine I would just remove those damaged few leaves that are touching the silver lid. It wont hurt it since they are damaged it would probably help.

1 Like

Thanks BetrayedSoul, I appreciate your help again!

1 Like