Yes... another lighting suggestion post :)

I am planning to convert a 7’ x 9’ room into a grow area. It is 9’wide and 7’deep.

I plan to leave a 2’ area down the middle of the 9’ deep area to walk. Essentially I will have 2 grow areas about 3.5’ x 7’ on either side of the walkway to place plants.

What would you guys suggest for lights for each 3.5’ x 7’ space?

Not sure how many plants I would be able to fit in the grow areas either.

Thanks everyone for the help!

1 Like

You could do 2 HLG 550s per side. Unless one side is a dedicated veg/seedling area. If you went the DIY route it would save you a good amount doing an area that size. What’s your budget?

2 Likes

As a QB suggestion I would suggest 8 QB288 boards per side. If you are on a budget the V1 boards are on sale for $29 a piece!

1 Like

I’m not really set at a budget yet. I was thinking I would look at all suggestions and make a determination from there.

2 Likes

If your comfortable with building the lights I would go that route. There are a hundred ways to do it so it’s all about just picking which way to go about it. You can never go wrong with quantum boards

1 Like

I know my 8 board suggestion puts him at 44 watts per sq ft, which is more than he needs. But is the 550 good enough for 24.5 square ft?

1 Like

I vote 4 HLG 260XLs. Two each running down the columns on either side of the 2’ wide walkway.

You could really add a couple of single Rspec boards near the ends, as the 260XLs won’t quite cover 9’ for flowering.

2 Likes

Regarding the above boards, I would also need the purchase the heat sinks and driver’s correct?

2 Likes

Yes…you would need those as well. You can buy the 288 board/heatsink combos and then price the driver and find cheapest supplier

2 Likes

The 550 is good for a 4.5 x 4.5 area. He could add a few singles on the edges but it would do good

2 Likes

Overall I’m shooting for how may watts per sqft?

1 Like

Great question.

I’ve always heard with traditional HID set ups 50. I’m guessing with QBs more like 35.

What say you @imSICKkid?

2 Likes

I would agree with this. 35-45W psqft

3 Likes

Around 40 watts per sq ft is ideal in my book.

3 Likes

Awesome guys! Looks like I have some options to go through.

2 Likes

Then I would do the 8 x QB288. If you can afford it go with the Rspec.

Plus you will be losing light with your pathway so a little extra is good.

1 Like