Will this work?

@HornHead @peachfuzz does anyone think this will work? Going to start soaking Rockwool 24 hours from 10 am to 10am in 6.0 ph’ water. Soak seed in 6.0 ph’d RO water from 10pm to 10am. Place Rockwool in 3 inch grow basket. Place the green collar over the top. Then place in humidity dome.

2 Likes

That would work, but I’d rip the sides off the rockwool cube and use only 1/3 to 1/4 of it. Rockwool holds way too much water and will not let the roots stem breath and can cause infection of the stem. Soak it but try to squeeze out some of the water. Then pull it apart a bit so the seed isn’t buried in the wool/water. After you have started the seedling and when you set the water level make sure it’s 1-2” below the net pot so the roots have to reach for the nutes.

@WickedAle everything I read said not to squeeze cause that will crush the fibers and make it hard for the roots to grow

1 Like

After the soak you need to remove the soaked up water from the rockwool somehow. The roots will penetrate if you pull it apart. @TDubWilly actually suggests cutting the wool in half and placing the seed in between the two half’s. Anything to allow air in will help the seed germinate and not damp off.

2 Likes

@WickedAle I see what your saying. I thought you ment cut it and half then toss half. Also do you think my 20inch by 3 foot tent is big enough for 2 autos? Or should I beak out the 2 x 4

1 Like

You will find your autos grow big in DWC. 2x4 would be a MINIMUM for 2 plants. Also they may take more time to flower than in soil. Mine took 11 weeks. What lighting are you using?

I have 2 135 watt quantum boards @WickedAle from growerslights.com

Your in good shape. They will get big!
Each of these were 5-5.5 ft tall.
NLA yielded 7Z dry

AHA yielded 10Z Dry

3 Likes

Rotwool is good for aquatic species like waterlilies. That’s all I’m gonna say about Rotwool…

1 Like

@Shatter You grow water Lilies? Cool.

@WickedAle, no I don’t, but if I did I’d use Rotwool!

1 Like

@WickedAle. Ok tomorrow I’m going to set up my 2x4. What size tent you growing in?

@Shatter I a hydro grower?

@Shatter u have a Rottweiler?

Just yankin’ on ya. :clown_face:

1 Like

@DrNoobThumb 4x4 with a 4x QB304.

@WickedAle if I had the room I’d like to do a 4x4. 2 x4 is the best I can do rightnow

I use perlite 3 to 1 with agricultural grade vermiculite (very coarse, doesn’t clog) and get healthy root systems, I would use 100% perlite but a pump failure would be devastating! The vermiculite is a safety buffer.

1 Like

@WickedAle your a hydro grower right?

Perfect setup. For your lighting and plants of weed for yourself. Don’t be afraid to treat your autos like photos with topping, training etc. You will find they handle it quite well in DWC with adequate lighting. Mine took 11 weeks to start flowering.

Yes I am in 5gal DWC buckets.

1 Like

@WickedAle what’s your recipe?