Will this work for growing

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CH9DSSB/ref=syn_sd_onsite_mobileweb_92?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pd_rd_plhdr=t

Total novice trying to figure it out.

My first plant isn’t doing so well so i got this hopefully better light.

1 Like

Yes it will be fine for one plant I would fill out a support ticket for more help with your plant

1 Like

Just copy and paste in your reply and add short answers after each question.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?

2. Origin of seeds?

3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?

4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?

5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?

6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics, or?

7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. Brand and name of nutrient.

8. What type of lighting are you using? LED, HID Etc.

9. What are the temps in your grow space? Day / Night?

10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your grow space? Day / Night?

11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?

13. Extra Co2 Yes / No? (Not recommended)

14. How long have you been growing?

15. What budget have you set for equipment?

16 Any other pertinent info you think we should know.

1 Like

How big a space are you growing in? That light is only 150w from the wall. Perfect for 3’x3’ vegetative coverage at 18”and 2.5’x2.5’ flowering coverage at 14” (their words)

For another $20, you can get a GB2 from green-beams(dot)com, it’s a 240w light, ideal for a 4 x 4ft vegetative area or a 3 x 3ft flowering area. (their words)

Lots of folks here love their Greenbeam! I would have gotten one if they shipped to Canada.

4 Likes

I have this in a small closet now.

Room temperature, except the light gives off some heat so it’s a bit warmer than room temp.

This is what my poor little plant looks like. Stopped growing

Not sure what if anything to get it going….

1 Like

Need the info in the posted support ticket to help.
Just guessing from the picture has a high probability of being the wrong advice.
I’m sure we can help with the extra info.

Just ordered the Green Beam 240 watt. We’ll see if it makes a difference. Thanks.

1 Like

However, I just noticed this. The grey area looks like stem rot.
Overwatering can cause this. If it is this plant will probably die.

1 Like
  • Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?

indoor

• Origin of seeds?

ILGM

• Regular, feminized, or autoflower?

Feminized

• Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?

Tap water

• PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?

none

• Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics, or?

Coco

• Nutrients or fertilizer system used. Brand and name of nutrient.

None

• What type of lighting are you using? LED, HID Etc.

Started with a weak light. Now moved up to 100 watt led panel. Now getting 240w panel from Green Beams

• What are the temps in your grow space? Day / Night?

Probably in the 60’s. Maybe a little warmer with the light in the closet

• What is the RH = relative humidity in your grow space? Day / Night?

Don’t know

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

No

• Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?

None. It’s a small closet

• Extra Co2 Yes / No? (Not recommended)

No

• How long have you been growing?

**First try **

Thanks!

Wow. I’ve only watered it like every other day. Maybe even that is too much?

Yes, too much. Cannabis like wet to dry cycles. At that age, should water very little in about a 3" or 4" ring around the plant to make the roots search for water. Probably only an ounce or 2, every 4 to 6 days.

2 Likes

And coco coir has no nutrients so it needs plant food from day 1.
I start with a half strength feed watering of the coco on the first day the seedling is planted and then just wait a few days till the container/planter feels light. Roots grow incredibly fast and they plant wont die from lack of water. I let a seedling go 21 days without water in a solo cup and if only wilted on day 21.
It had a dome cover for first 3 days and nothing after.
Here is a pic at 14 days with no water. Of course the soil was damped before planting but I squeezed out as much as possible before I put the seedling in it.

3 Likes

Very helpful. Thank you!

I should mention that the coco is from a kit i got from A Pot for Pot.com. There was other stuff mixed in ( diamitaceous (sp?) eartn, root booster, other stuff. Plus there is 1/3 super soil under the coco

1 Like

Once you have mixed media in coco and soil then pH needs get confusing.
Did Pot for Pot give instructions for that setup or is that an experiment on your part?
Just asking, not finding fault.

Yes, I followed the instructions to a T.

Including using the peat pod ( that others on here told me to throw away). And not cutting the wrapping around the peat pod ( that others here told me to cut away).

It’s a bit confusing :wink:

Welcome. You have come to the right family!
Read the germination method on here. You got this. You have entered the world of your new addictive hobby.

1 Like

That’s what I’m afraid of :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I just want to get a plant to grow big like that . If i get any flower out of it it’s a bonus!

Im sorry. Where is the germination method I should follow? Thanks.

If you’re a new grower, here is a method I know you can succeed with. It’s what I do and get fantastic results.
Get some fox farm happy frog soil, and solo cups. Moisten the soil, and fill the solo cup. Plant the seed directly into the soil (not very deep), spray a little water on it to settle the seed, and stick a baggie over the top to make a little greenhouse. Keep it warm, and it should break ground in about 3 or 4 days. Remove the baggie, and stick it under your light on low power, and don’t water until dry.
When seedling is as wide as the cup, transplant into pot of happy frog mixed with perlite, worm castings, and fox farm fruit and flower 4-9-3 per the instructions on the package. Then top dress with the fruit and flower a couple weeks after you start 12/12 flowering that usually around 8 weeks from breaking ground for me). That’s it other than ph’ing your water. I also use a little bio thrive bloom during flowering. It’s organic as well.

1 Like

Excellent step by step instructions. Thanks!