White Widow seeds

Purchased 10 White Widow seeds. Thus far, they have been a flop. Planted 5 at different times, all in small pots with Frog Farm soil, direct sun and all other conditions that I have used with other plants. All of these seeds break ground in about three-four days, grow to about 1 1/2" then shrivel up and die. The leaves, what there are of them, are off green colored and never do anything. May have waisted my money on these. Any suggestions ?

Pictures to better assist what’s happening. Did you ph the water?

Maybe a dome to keep them from drying out? What is your RH?

I’m a big fan of WW. The plant is very hardy. You may be watering them too much. I use an eyedropper and water the seedlings with a couple of ml of water right at the stem.

3 Likes

I like white widow myself
I’m a total noob and made plenty of mistakes
But harvested 5 Oz off an outdoor photo and to be honest it’s probably the best I’ve ever smoked …

If the seeds grew and broke ground in my opinion the environment provided was inadequate

3 Likes

Once seeds germinate they have pretty much done their part. I would expect them dying off quickly after to be an issue with environmental conditions or contamination.

1 Like

Same goes here. Sept 14, 2 seeds went into 2 different Jiffy pods.
They sprouted a little tail and that was it. No growth after the tail sprouted. Left them for ten days, then they just dried up and died.
I’m trying 2 more WW in 2 different germinating ways.
These seeds are tiny, and really don’t look like much.
Not having any problems with bag seeds so I would expect a seed bank would sell decent seeds.

I have a couple more in the dirt and will see what happens. Good to have confirmation that others are experiencing the same problem. I do not think it is environmental conditions, nothing else has had this problem and the problem is to consistent and only pertains to these seeds. Maybe we both got a batch that was somehow genetically compromised.

This one broke ground yesterday but today it looks like it will go the way of the others and just die.
Puzzling.

As long as it has moist ground, give it a few days and it should do alright. A dome might help keeping the RH higher.

@Warrior41882 Sorry to hear about your negative experience, have you contacted customer support for replacement seeds?
ILGM.com/contact