When should I start feeding these seedlings?

If water coming out of the faucet is 200, and when you add your nutrients, and bumps it for example 1700, you’ll subtract the 200 it’s at 1500. The 200 is not counted in the final numbers.

2 Likes

So my medium is amended to 6.5, should I still water at 5.8?

1 Like

If it’s considered like coco or hydro style yes 5.8 I’d say let’s ask someone who knows ur medium as I don’t know if it should stay wet or dry out or how it works. @Covertgrower @CMichGrower @BobbyDigital @MattyBear any of u guys know should he keep it wet dry out periods ect.

Yea knowing that wold help a lot

What was all in the mix. Mg on top peat

The mg seed starter is just peat and perlite and my mix was just peat perlite mushroom compost and lime

1 Like

@AfgVet might u know madam

1 Like

I would treat it like coco and water everyday but @Covertgrower might know better as he’s familiar with your medium mix

Yep. Every day is best, but your plant is small enough right now, it may not need it every day yet.

@AfgVet this is the mix. :point_up_2::point_up_2:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I saw what he was using but not familiar at all with mushroom compost or peat really but figure they were light enough consistency like coco, and need watering every day once they are big enough. Now I know.

2 Likes

My mushroom compost is essentially just really dense dirt. I used a 50/50 blend of mushroom compost and FFOF to stretch my OF. It compacts quite a bit and is not something I’ll be using again. To each their own but I’ll avoid it in the future.

1 Like

Yea its very dense which is why I only did 20% and the rest perlite and peat. So I should treat it like coco and water at 5.8?

1 Like

Day 22, 3 days after fim. Didn’t water this morning, pots still damp and heavy. Planning on feeding tomorrow till 20% run off, only if the pots lighten up.

3 Likes

As @Covertgrower already stated, you have a non soil medium and should be ph-ing as so. 5.8-6.2

3 Likes

They r looking alot better today after that soak down. I see the leaves pointing strait out now not dragging the dirt. It’s a start buddy. Don’t let the too dry out too much or it will cause u gnats I’ve been soaking mine down once at lights on and once half way thru the day for a second run first go I just do so much to keep it wet then second time I get the runoff. Always make sure to clean the drain pans after the water is done dripping also to not keep the rh up in the tent. Especiay I flower

3 Likes

Looking so much better, pots are still damp and have some weight to them, going to feed till run off in the morning. Also how do these fims look? Did it 4 days ago

ie

3 Likes

FIMs look good. Great re-growth happening there.

3 Likes

I’ve did some fims but not really sure if it worked or not lol. All the ones I find seem to make the bottom nodes grow up really fast and make 4 colas from the bottom I have one now like it but she is buried and u cannot tell how she is sitting bit all the bottom lowest nodes grew up to the top of the plant like a square plant basically 2 times I did it that’s how it came out. Not sure if that what it is supposed to do or not but it did to me twice

Nice fim job. Did the same for my GSC Extreme auto. I love super lemon Haze. Definitely need to make this my next order from here. The plant looks beautiful

1 Like

Fed this morning a half dose going off of the fox farm chart for hydro which I’m assuming is the chart I should follow and not the chart for soil. Also my run off numbers were really high again maybe y’all could help me interpret?

1 Like