When is the best time to defoliate my baby’s

How’s it going everybody, hope someone can enlighten me on when Exactly I should defoliate my baby’s, I usually take some of the more shade leaves off through out the whole time in veg but when should I really defoliate my baby’s to have them ready for harvest

1 Like

@Fatexotics. I am tagging someone that gave me good advice @Sirsmokesalot.

Lol I was helping him on other thread as well. Defoliation is a matter of preference but a good rule of thumb is 2-3 weeks before flip and middle of flower. Gonna have more if have a longer veg time. I try to do less per session and have a higher frequency of sessions. Remove fans if correlating shoot has multiple nodes above it and any fan leaf that’s blocking 2 or more cola sites.

1 Like

I only defoliate the week going into flip. I’ll let them budge out into a small monster then trim up everything when they have gotten the height I need them to be.

When defoliating I prefer a high and tight look rather then a thinning

1 Like

I don’t touch any leaves until about 3 weeks into flower. Then I am very selective as every leaf removed cuts down on sugar production and increases lighting demand. I do a major defoliation but only just before harvest.

1 Like

2-3 weeks so your plants can recover from the stress of defoliation. think of it like getting a scrape on your knee and needing it to heal. the more you defoliate, the longer it will take the plant to recover from stress. 2 weeks minimum prior to 12/12.

1 Like

All on preference really, but what it comes down to is what is helpful and what is hurtful?

I do mine week before I flip and like to have them fully Lollipopped by 1st week after flip.

It’s what works for me it may not work as well for others

3 Likes

I defoliate a week before flip and then 21 days after flipping. Then let them rock.

1 Like