When and what bud boosters to use?

I live in Oregon and the flower season is nearly here(by the way outdoor growing). What bud booster is good to use for outdoor? And when do I know to start using them? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Beginner myself, but I do know you want a HIGH P value and a LOW N value on the NPK of whatever bloom fertilizer you choose. And start ramping it up the first week of bloom.

1 Like

thanks when do I know when the first week of bloom is though?

1 Like

When it looks like this:

When you begin flower, which is just changing your light cycle to 12/12, your plant will normally have a “stretch” growth period of two weeks. Those first two weeks of flower are usually when pre flower would begin.
You will see tiny white hairs (pistils) that begin to form. When they look like this picture, they’ve begun to bud, or bloom/flower. Hope this helps you!

4 Likes

Hi rtry,
I am growing outside north of you in Seattle. This will be my 3rd season outside and about the 11th year of growing my own. My plants are pretty tall and about 4 ft. They are showing preflowers within the last week. Are yours doing the same?
Also I am glad you are thinking ahead but Myself I wont start bloom nutes until August. Have you grown before? I would like to know your general area Salem,Bend, Burns? and type of plant ie auto or photo. Haze, sativa or indica. What size pot or in the ground.
I have three of Roberts gold leaf and four amnesia haze.
They are growing in 5 gallon pots. I started them in April all are photo.

1 Like

Yes mine just started to show. Yes outside and in the ground. They are
indicas not sure what strain but they are big one is about 5’7 the other
would be over 6’5 but had to start bending it so it wouldn’t go over the
fence. Yes I am just trying to be ready when the time comes I have grown
several years but never used boosters. Oh and Eugene area.

3 Likes

Here are my 2 bigger girls!

10 Likes

Good morning ryry, them are some healthy looking plants.
I am going to give my plants a shot of Canna p/k around August the 1st and then follow up with weekly feedings of bud booster c-4 which is a Mills product. Both of these products are what I have on hand and are mj specific. I cannot recommend a product only that you should find one for soil. And then start out with a smaller dose than recommended and slowly build up from there.
Outside our plants do not grow/ react as spontaneously as indoor when changing light schedule. So determining what is exactly the first week is just about impossible but its subtle. I forecast my plants starting to mature about a month and a half before September 22, the fall equinox which is 12/12. The plants will fully be in bloom at that point in time. Right now Seattle has 16 hrs of daylight 5 am - 9 pm. as this daytime light diminishes our plants will react and mature. Mine will finish about October 20. I like to be ahead of my plants needs therefore I go with August 1 when starting bloom nutrients.
I would like to post some picts but it tells me my pictures are to big for the upload. It would be cool if you could periodically update your progress via this thread.

1 Like

They’re gorgeous, great job man!

3 Likes

Jeffro I will be updating here for sure and thank you for your input. So I
am super cropping one of the girls and the other I’m just leaving alone,(
after I have topped her twice) to see what the difference between the two
will be. The super cropped one is already wider then her sister just not as
full, meaning I can see through it but the one not messed with as much you
can not see through but has alot less tops then the cropped one. More to
come on this topic. :grin:

1 Like

3 Likes

My girls, 5 amnesia haze and 3 gold leaf.

2 Likes

Hey RyRy
Those are some beautiful specimens.They look very healthy.Keep up the great work.I have heard from a friend that Tiger Bloom is great for the flowering phase of your girls.Im trying a new supplement called Bloombastic it’s supposed to be used in with what ever flowering nut you decide to use.The guy at the Organic garden store says he uses it,and claims his flowers get much larger and the taste is so much better when used.Im trying it myself on some autos,I’ll keep you posted.
Back to your question.When growing outdoors I usually start around the end of August.But I’m no pro by any means.Im sure you will be able to get some ideas from some of the more experienced growers on this forum.
Good luck

1 Like

those are a picture of perfect , keep it heading this way and youll be very happy .

1 Like

Well did a little trimming now you can see the bottom lol

1 Like

Very nice @ryry I’m sure your girl thanks you for the new dress :wink: Now she can get some air through those legs

1 Like

Well started using miracle grow rose budding kind hope my girls like it cause I just found it around the house and figured might as well use it. New pics coming soon

I would look into Dynagrow Bloom for flowering. Relatively inexpensive and properly balanced for the flowering stage.

1 Like

Thanks stomper I will look into that. Here is a little update:

5 Likes

A little update: so I just recently went through a war with spider mites,
they won some fights but I have won the war.
3 of my plants are starting to bud but the fourth, that had the worst
spider mites, is just starting to show signs :grin:.

Here is a pic of my furthest along.

1 Like