What size fabric pot? start to finish

I am going to start an indoor grow using soil and would like to get opinions on what size fabric pots to use? I would like to be able to grow from seedling to harvest in the same pot without transplanting. I have a couple of Maui Wowie seeds as well as some Pineapple Haze that I would like to get going. TIA

2 Likes

I use 5 gal. Why don’t you want to transplant? I find it easier to water the correct amount if the plant is in an appropriate size pot. Everyone has their methods though

4 Likes

This question is relative.

How big do you want to grow them? How much do you wanna harvest? How much grow space do you have? What kinda lights are you using?

People need to know your end goal in order to help you from the start

4 Likes

I have a 10’ x 10’ shed, 2 x 600w MH and HPS lights. I am planning on a SCROG set up so height is not a problem. And @Matthew420 I can transplant so that really isn’t an issue. Thanks

2 Likes

You want top be an at least a minimum if a 5 gallon pot. 1200 watts of HPS lighting and I would probably be happier with ten gallon pots

There’s also another method that will cut your veg times in half If not more called “sea if green” and you could probably put them in 1 or 2 gallon pots but if your gonna scrog in a grow area that size I would use 10 gallon pots

1 Like

And using pots the size of that I would definitely transplant away least once

1 Like

I am switching to 15 gallon fabric pots for my 4x4 tent.

1 Like

I go bigger because I can’t transplant in late flower if they need more space to develop fully, mine are in 35 gallon pots

8 Likes

I’ve grown plants indoors in a 3’x3’ Scrog using 7 gal cloth pots. I’d recommend larger pots if you go bigger.
My outdoor 5’x5’ Scrogs were in 30 gal cloth pots. Probably could’ve grown bigger too.

1 Like

@Matthew420 @MrPeat @TDubWilly @Stonedrus @Drinkslinger Thank you all for your insight and all of the good info. Grow well!

6 Likes

I think that’s the biggest pots ive seen anyone use indoor lol.

1 Like