What is Topping?

How does toping work? I think my plants are stretched because they arent very bushy. Also what nutrients are good to give the girls? TIA!! :heart_eyes::nerd_face::seedling::leaves:

57386training9

2 Likes

@bruinsfan33 thanks. Is topping good? My plants are tall and not bushy. They started flowering early. I had them on my window seal and just rotated around. Didnt know all the stuff i know now (which still isnt much) i have so much more to learn. But this is also my first grow and when i started i didjt have everything i needed…so im just going to see how far these will go. I hope to apply all ive learned and are continuing to learn to a new grow!

1 Like

Autos? If flowering i wouldn’t touch now, but for future reference.

1 Like

Honestly i have no idea. They are bag seeds…and i also have never given them any additional nutrients besides what was in soil.

I recommend fimming because you will end whit more tops.
@bruinsfan33 I fimm my ak47 auto a lot of times and I have 15-20 big(not so big but big enough) colas. My second one I fimm her just one time. Look at my results. The second picture is the little sister (ak47 auto both)

5 Likes

OK, for this I would just leave them be and finish out this first one.

1 Like

Fim cut location: Do you cut at the line, cutting everything above it? Or do you cut just the inner set of the growth above the line? :thinking: Thinking I may not have done mine right.
My first plant is within 2 weeks of harvest and I four more that sprouted 2 weeks ago. Dirt grow in 4x4 tent with 1000w.

1 Like

Ill definitly wait till i try to grow again. Im afraid if i try this ill just mess up or kill the whole plant. Ill post a pic when i get home so you guys can see what I’m working with.

About what height should I start considering doing this?

2 Likes

Around the 3rd week at least 2 - 3 nodes . All depends. If it’s a photo or auto. Auto sooner then later.

2 Likes

When I get home I’ll post some pics I have 3 autos one topped, one fimmed and one left alone.

1 Like

@bruinsfan33 - all ilgm blueberry auto. I’ll tag you in my Grow journal so you can see current pics. I’m in the 2nd week of veg.

2 Likes

No topping or fimming

4 Likes

Topped once

3 Likes

Fimmed once before any topping

4 Likes

@bruinsfan33 droooool

Normally you would fim 60-80% of the new development.

1 Like

Maybe this will help.

2 Likes

This is the fimming? And it produces more of what? For chance to have more buds??