What fertilizers should I use?

Hello All,
New to growing. Growing outdoors and was wondering what kind of fertilizers I should use. Which fertilizer that I could obtain at Home Depot should I buy ? Or Amazon order ? What names should I buy. Not looking for names of ingredients. Thanks

1 Like

You’ll need a balanced fertilizer designed for use with cannabis. Those available at retail stores might be good for tomatoes, but they won’t get the job done for cannabis. Good names to look for include Fox Farm, Jack’s, Advanced Nutrients, and General Hydroponics.

2 Likes

If you’re looking at auto flowers grow dots have been gaining popularity as well.

I’m a huge supporter of Jack’s 321.

1 Like

Thanks. !! Yes. Growing auto flowers !!

Thanks !

1 Like

Any particular one ? Seems to be a lot of different Fox Farms

Which jacks 321. Seems to be a lot of them

I use the standard 321. Same strength from start to finish.

The others are for varied situations. Tap water, reverse osmosis filtered water…

Thanks !

1 Like

Organic fertilizers are also an option. I use a 4-4-4 blend when the plant is in veg, and 4-8-4 or 3-9-4 when flowering. You can find these at Home Depot.

Just follow the feeding schedule in the package, add water, and watch buds grow.

1 Like

Jacks 321 is 3 items Part A, part B(Calcium Nitrate), Epsom salts (Magnesium sulfate I think) you mix in sequence according to instructions.
But any balanced garden fertilizer will work for the short veg periods of an auto flower plant. But when in flower you can use any Orchid Bloom or Espoma Cactus Bloom. Correct pH is most important.

Welcome to the community happy to have ya here what type of medium are you looking to grow in? soil or coco if outside id recommend soil to begin as its the most forgiving to new growers and for nutrients if in soil id recommend Earth Dust nutrients by The Green Sunshine Co its a organic dry fertilizer extremely easy to use and the more you reuse your soil with earth dust the better your soil gets over time alot of people here will also recommend Jacks Nutrients the have a easy to use 321 program this is a salt based nutrients

Thanks so much. So helpful

1 Like

Do you know of any kind of spray I could use for the soil. I don’t trust myself in having to do measurements etc. I have heard horror stories of killing plants. I don’t want to screw this up

No im sorry im not aware of any type of spray type nutrients when it comes to nutrients you’re going to need to be measuring stuff there isnt any work arounds when it comes to measuring nutrients it needs to be done or you will either over fertilize and harm the plants or under fertilize and harm the plants thats another big reason im recommending earth dust with soil all you do is mix in the recommended amounts of Base per gallon of soil allow it to sit for a few weeks to break down and become available for the plants then put the plants in the soil and water with clean ph balanced water then before you go into flower you top dross with the boost and let them do there thing lol

@Mugsy78 spary for soil? No, but what is helpful is to put a couple handfuls of diatomaceous earth to mix in with the top inch or 2 of soil around the plants. You just don’t want to spray pesticides after they start to flower (bloom).

FF Trio Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger bloom where what I used when I was using FF the flushes every 4 weeks where killing my back. Have switched to Jacks 321

1 Like