What DLI will damage cannabis?

What dli Will damage cannabis ?

1 Like

I’m not sure if DLI will damage cannabis but the light expert is @dbrn32 he can give you advice on that!! Happy growing :blush::v:

for mature plants, 60 DLI is about the max a plant can take, at perfect conditions.

above 60 you need to supplement CO2 and increase nutrients and water. most home growers don’t have a setup that warrants supplementing CO2 as it will be a waste of money if you don’t have everything else dialed in.

edit: and you can actually decrease yields by going over 60 without all the other items in check

4 Likes

It’s difficult to damage cannabis unless the light is so close that the heat burns the leaves. The first symptom you will see is foxtailing, which isn’t all that bad. I run a lot of light and just cut the foxtails off since they won’t mature as quickly as established calyxes. Somewhere around 1,000 PPFD and above sees diminishing returns unless you are running a legit CO2 setup.

2 Likes

It really depends on what strain you are growing there are many sativa strains that are from close to the equator that that can take a whole lot of light without damaging it I’ve run as much as 70+ dli on some haze strains and they didn’t even flinch. I think burning the trichomes is where you hurt the quality because they carry a lot of your thc and you can damage them on a happy looking plant

3 Likes

Good information above.

60 DLI is the most your going to make use of in a perfect environment that doesn’t have supplemental co2

But even 60 DLI can create fox tails all over and light bleaching or cripsy leafs, it will depend on the variables including genetics, VPD (important) distance from light (heat), air flow, and co2 level.

3 Likes

No exact number I’m aware of. Lots of variables as to point plants would be damaged by light intensity alone.

2 Likes

Out of likes so gotta do it this way! :heart::heart:

1 Like

I’m on day 42. Not rushing just curious if anyone has grown WW auto from ILGM. How much longer do you think I have ?

1 Like

Hard to tell without a few more bud shots, but from looking at the one pic with the pistils. I would say at least 4-5 weeks :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks I took that with my Note 20 Ultra but ill get a microscope soon. Any suggestions on a decent one. Does t have to be cheap or super expensive.

Something like this…

https://www.amazon.com/Hayve-Microscope-Magnification-Electronic-Compatible/dp/B08KXYXWV5/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?crid=2SKKM2TBB5RJW&keywords=wifi+microscope+wireless&qid=1638972682&sprefix=wifi+microscope%2Caps%2C1593&sr=8-10

2 Likes