Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

I can’t SAY it was the culprit either time but it was the PRESENT “alleged perp”. Couple days ago when i moved them there, i had a tiny green beetle that resembled the ash borer that killed everyone’s ash trees along the river the past couple years but WAY tinier than those if so (like juvenile hatchling but still emerald green hard-shelled). Shoo’d it off but DIDN’T see any holes in leaves on the plant it was on, only the one beside it. Yesterday, after transplanting i came to check on them a couple hours later (still couple hours before dark/the storm also) and a tiny black “beetle” looking bug was on the one in the black pot AND the leave with the hole in it most prevalent to the eye. Can’t say either of those WERE for sure the culprit but wasn’t letting them stick around for more if so.

Thanks for the heads up on SD. DE is diatomaceous earth? don’t people eat that stuff… ? lol

1 Like

More possibly the beetle…. I dunno tho.

Yup diamo earth. I cant spell that ish with copy and paste lol. Nope. Dont inhale it! Its like a lotta little glass!!

Also come to think of it, wont help on the green much. Its a good soil sprinkled deterrent for critter that lay eggs in said soil.

I was wondering if any bad side effects used on weed from seven dust as thats always been my go to for bugs. I powder myself with it before going in the fields or woods. But my wife uses d e on everything. I found a baby squirrel and hewas covered with fleas and ticks but she sprinkled some d e on him and all the bugs fell off dead immediately. Was cool to watch. Well lil freddy kreuger is passed now but I’m sold on the effects of d.e. although I wear a duty mask when I use it im afraid it could have an asbestos effect on our lungs. I think I would be hesitant to use anything if flowering.

1 Like

Sevin dust is a common pesticide that is used in home gardens on edible crops. I have never heard of any warnings or serious issues with it in that context. As you said though, I would not use it on a flowering plant. During veg it should be ok. Hopefully if anyone knows of an issue they will share info.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would and probably will use on my outside grow. Already use on the tomatoes and even lettuce and cabbage with no problems. And we wash the buds anyway.

2 Likes

VERY happy to report that after baking in the humid sun at 87° all day, i came home to find it IMPROVED, and starting to praise again with leafage, and not wilting/dying like i prepared myself to possibly find it. Hopefully it will continue to improve and still give some good results just maybe not AS good as it may have :wink:

4 Likes

Hardy little things ain’t they?

2 Likes

hoping she proves to be :slight_smile:

LOL y’all…I checked on a couple other strains I wanted to see if I could get started and found one of the GSC (no idea if af or fem’d) had about an inch and a half taproot lol. I put it in soil in a cup THIS morning and look already this evening :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Blehhhhhhh, darn big clumsy Shrek ogre hands/strength… So I transplanted"rockstar", and my favorite teensy one to their forever home. I know some of the tiny white perimeter rooting didn’t come with the plant and main root/dirtball while trying to carefully"scoop" them out of the 5gal pots, into the 4x4 raised planter box I built. HOPEFULLY they’ll recover and make new roots?

Below is the blend of living soil I created for their environment and was hoping THAT would make them take off. Rockstar was looking so good too.

LoL, this phone is so hinky about uploading here for some reason, ok it was :

(2) 3.8 cu ft PRO-mix BX Michirrizai
(2) 1cu ft Garden Pro compost and manure (0.5-0.5-0.5)
(2) 1 cu ft Wormganic worm castings

5 Likes

couple things…firstly, i DO know how to spell, lol. Evidently, i got a tard-phone instead of a smart-phone like most others got :smiley: Mycorrhizae :wink: and i spelled that, and my phone changed it to ^^^ whatever that was up there, and it had asked “add to dictionary?” and i said yes, because i didn’t see it had changed. So now, my silly silly mental midgeted phone and myself created a new word (hehe)

Also, Rockstar, is called that because i thought Amy Lee was a little TOO stalkish (hehe, STALK-ish :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: ) Anyway. Both are quite appealing female specimens for my eyes to behold :wink:

3 Likes

Haha usually fixable. Pretty easy too. General. Settings. Keyboard. Text replacement (iphone at least ive found made up words there) also a dictionary option. Sorry if u already knew. Ive definitely done that tho

Bahahaha. Frigging Dad jokes man. Im truly growing up. Love it haha

2 Likes

:slight_smile: RS has other “big fans” besides just me lol :wink: :heart: ANNNND, i’m ready to concede that i’m beginning to think ol boy was (MAYBE, we’ll see about that too, lol :smiley: ) right about FEM, but WRONG about AF’ing :wink: These were rooted in soil 01 May 21 so 35 days of an AF strain would be WAY more telling of trying to switch it self to that phase would it not? I’m actually GLAD if they’re photos :slight_smile: I know there’s not really a way of telling by LOOKING only, but i will say by LOOKING at some old grow journals, i would swear this looks more like GG than BD also :wink: just my opinion by those ginormous fans :wink:

2 Likes

Alright you gurus :slight_smile: continuing in this thread as it’s mine, and also truly IS about the same babies i came in with the issue of stretching, etc with. Plan B is on it’s way. I had sent that (INCREDIBLY UNDERPOWERED) 105W light back, that I originally had purchased before doing more thorough research (Mars 1000W, it said in description, hehe…yeah i fell for it ). I LIKE the BestVA lights by everything i’ve read with their new 10W LEDs instead of 3 or 5W and dual chip at that on the board. RAVE reviews…ok, so, i WANTED the 2000 series, which is 480W and does (they claim) 6x6 veg, 5x5 flower. It was $299.99. The 1500 series, is 260W each, and covers (they claim) 4x4 veg, 3.5x3.5 flower. It was $119.99 (HUGE drop in price, and somewhat in wattage). I bought two :slight_smile: I figure i get more coverage being able to space them over them a little more accurately than ONE could cast, AND more wattage (520W total out of both). If this is just but a pipe dream (hehe) and i still missed the target don’t be worried about offending me and just say so but from what i’ve read here and other places (about needing minimum 150W per plant and a 2x2 spot per plant, and what these lights supposedly will do), i’m thinking i should be sitting pretty for what i’m trying to do. This isn’t for business :wink: merely pleasure and getting off black market for good. and they don’t call me “chimney” for nothing, lol, i puff a LOT :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: Anyway, i’m GENUINELY interested in opinions on this setup. I know the one fellow here is the HPS/MH guru (many SAID you were, wear that with pride that they respect your knowledge sir :wink: ) but some others are doing good things with newer LED technology here and i’m hoping I did well (it was certainly a more fiscally prudent purchase as i got two for less than the one, and hopefully better coverage and certainly more wattage).

4 Likes

And i’ll try to get pics of the ladies tomorrow, or for SURE when the ones coming back in do after the lights come and get the room setup again. I came home WAY late last night, like i dragged the CATS in late, lol and when i saw all my girls in the ambient light from the distant pole lamp i almost thought they were all trying to flower :open_mouth: nope, by morning EVERY one of them had burst new tops again, hitting ANOTHER growth spurt (i think they REALLY like that soil i blended :wink: :slight_smile: ) Rockstar’s getting straight up shag on the shaft with new growths and the top too and Teensy has tripled in height and production since going in that planter box i built and filled. Hoping and trying to make my first go at this enticing enough in results to want to continue to do and improve and improve etc etc until I can give trusted advice :slight_smile: It’s what we’re here for afterall, to get, or give answers :slight_smile: Appreciate you all also, because without this place, hahaha…poor things, LAWWWWD i don’t even wanna think about that

3 Likes

Teensy and Rockstar in the planter box, hard to tell but besides the hardwire fencing now enclosing it there’s screen on this side I took the pics from because Mr Moses McGillikitty there got caught covering his morning constitution up Saturday, and Mr Prince of Dogness there thought he was slick but I SAW your two paw prints and the schnoz holes where you were bobbing for kitty crapples (hehe, EWWW!)

Y’all are going to stay OUT of my box and dirt, lol !!

Accidentally put the longshot of all the other ladies up there with the rockstar/teensy pic but you can tell ALL have made major strides after being brought outside and then getting topped with a couple inches in each pot of that soil mix. This, is the (not so anymore) tiny SLH that is now starting to take off, and the bigger plant that snapped at dirt level in those winds and storm a couple week ago that I poured neighbor’s honey on, put a strapping tape splint around and buried the break below surface. It’s only rivaled by Rockstar and now holds second largest title :slight_smile:

And of COURSE we have to include baby girl, Ms Abbie, aka turdy birdy, aka sharty mcfarty because we got bubby and well, because her’s just so cUUuuuUUTE!!! :wink: :slight_smile: :heart:

5 Likes

So hey, now on a more serious note about these now that you can SEE them. On Rockstar, and the one that broke (2nd largest now). Those good to top now? now that i KNOW they AREN’T Af’ing :wink: And SHOULD I ??? i know they’ll be bushier and shorter which is probably a GOOD thing even being outside, just so i don’t need a step ladder to do maintenance if necessary :smiley: i live on a SLOPE!!! :smiley: ladder work is harem scare’em here!!! If you think those are big enough to do so, I won’t waste your time if i can help it and i’ll TRY to go read up on the topics here and GrWeEa(dot)com and attempt it myself unless i feel i’m NOT comprehending their instructions well enough and worry I am about to be a murderous plant monster :smiley:

EDIT** oh!! and i KEEP forgetting to mention… i DID get some Cal-Mag on it’s way with the lights also since NONE of these have had ANY of that yet :wink: I want to get it part of the regimen on watering and IF i use nutes again (but i’m trying to let that soil do it’s thing a little more naturally).

1 Like

And there’s these two seedlings going and four more that had taps but don’t wanna spring up yet, And maybe won’t. They’re either GSC or wedding cake, I can’t remember which I found the bag beans in.

When I started this thread after taking everything outside I had 15 BD and the 3 SLH and whatever teensy is. I now have 7 BD after giving some to very close friends and some new neighbor friends I’m SO glad have moved here :). I still have those 7, the one SLH, teensy and the two GSC or WC sprouts so I’ll be ok for first run hopefully

2 Likes

Digging the vibes still man. If i dont chirp as much, im in the background lurking.

Soooo. RS is rocking along. They all are.

Sweet! New seedlings! Awesome.

And question. Why u buy lights if youre growing outside? Lol

Also… BestVA lights? Blurples I take it? If so send em on back and get on the HLG train lol

4 Likes

Can’t leave’em all out there, only supposed to have 4 per adult of 21 or older per household and i’m not sure trying to convince them there’s at LEAST 3 other personalities in here would fly even though we’re all over 21 obviously :smiley:

On bloom those lights have a “blurpleish” appearance but they are full spectrum and dimmable and can run veg/bloom switch together also… they really THAT bad? so many hundreds of reviews on several sites praising them is why i pulled the trigger on’em. that sucks… i MAY still keep’em, try’em and if i don’t like’em sell’em to one of numerous friends starting out who DON’T plan on doing much at all. It may be just what they were looking for if not what i wanted/needed :wink:

2 Likes